NY SESA/DOL LC Process and RIR conversion impact (news!)

laborpain

Registered Users (C)
Eventhough your application is waiting in the queue and will be dealt with before the RIR conversion applications -- the conversion will not cut the line and appear infront of your application. But the incoming RIR-CONVERSION requests are taking a toll on the the limited resources the departments have. So the entire line (RIR, NON-RIR, CONVERSION-RIR) must wait.

In short the approvals wont be coming in like a floodgate opening (like they ever did), instead that they will trickle in one by one. Folks, there is a bright side to this: low likelyhood of waiting for the i-140 process. I-140 currently is taking 1-2 months (down from 10-11 months until august). Just imaging what would happen if all the SESA applications were approved in the next week, the queue would just shift over to DOL and then to INS I-140 process.

Hopefully there is some truth to the rabbit and turtle, and that the turtle was run over by a slow-moving locomotive is is hopefully just a lie.

Good luck to all... Patience...

(cramps)

That doesn\'t make much sense.

Only NY LC applications are lagging. All other states
are marching much quicker than NY. It will affect not
I140 processings much if NY DOL accelerate their steps.
Remember VSC is in charge of so many states.

Isn\'t NY the biggest volume contributor to VSC

Brandnew, you are right about VCS being incharge of many states but NY is one of the largest volume contributor to its workflow... that is why VCS is faster now in I-140 since nothing has been moving in from NY SESA and DOL.