NY InfoPass appointment outcome 02/28

thrix

Registered Users (C)
Entire appointment took 40minuts, so it was very fast. Officer just looking into the computer and said my fingerprint has been cleared and I have to wait for IL. He didn't know what is name check, but said fingerprints results are in, so I guess this means I passed name check. He said I'll receive IL in about 2-3 months maybe, I think he was not sure and next month they will say the same probably. It's driving me crazy now.

I saw a girl from Dominica Republic, which had interview in early August last year and still no oath letter.

Don't hold me on that but I don't think just because the Fingerprints are in does mean your Name Check has been cleared. Usually Fingerprints are sent back withing 24-48 hours ... am I right ?

Entire appointment took 40minuts, so it was very fast. Officer just looking into the computer and said my fingerprint has been cleared and I have to wait for IL. He didn't know what is name check, but said fingerprints results are in, so I guess this means I passed name check. He said I'll receive IL in about 2-3 months maybe, I think he was not sure and next month they will say the same probably. It's driving me crazy now.

I saw a girl from Dominica Republic, which had interview in early August last year and still no oath letter.

Did the officer specifically say that you're in queue for interview? It's strange that they have you a 2-3 month timeline, considering that your PD is less than 2 weeks later than mine. I've been seeing a lot of similar expected wait times for ILs in various threads, so I'm beginning to think that it's just a standard answer that IOs give. On the bright side of things, if you look at the current processing times, the 1-2 month timeline (or, in your case, 2-3) seems accurate. I'm planning on scheduling another InfoPass for the middle of April if my IL doesn't arrive by March 31.

As far as the girl who interviewed in August goes, sounds like a 1447(b) lawsuit material.

Did the officer specifically say that you're in queue for interview? It's strange that they have you a 2-3 month timeline, considering that your PD is less than 2 weeks later than mine. I've been seeing a lot of similar expected wait times for ILs in various threads, so I'm beginning to think that it's just a standard answer that IOs give. On the bright side of things, if you look at the current processing times, the 1-2 month timeline (or, in your case, 2-3) seems accurate. I'm planning on scheduling another InfoPass for the middle of April if my IL doesn't arrive by March 31.

As far as the girl who interviewed in August goes, sounds like a 1447(b) lawsuit material.

Yes, I'm in the queue for the IL. I wish USCIS asked my about someone I know and I can say $600 processing fee and name check 12 years.

so I'm beginning to think that it's just a standard answer that IOs give.

Yes.. I think that is correct. They know very little so they just give out a standard answer. They cannot accurately tell when IL will be issued.

Yes, I'm in the queue for the IL. I wish USCIS asked my about someone I know and I can say $600 processing fee and name check 12 years.

If they told you that you're in queue for IL, your name check has been cleared. Welcome to the waiting game!

Yes.. I think that is correct. They know very little so they just give out a standard answer. They cannot accurately tell when IL will be issued.

Exactly. However, the processing times are moving closer and closer to our PDs. I hope that we move by another month when the next update rolls around.

They actually jumped up about 2 1/2 months on the processing dates for my DO. The rest are still quite backed up. I certainly don't think it's accurate though but something to hang on to you know. I called and spoke to the IO about my case and that's the same answer I got. I am in queue for the interview. No date given. The waiting game ain't too much fun guys. Wish you all good luck. Hope we all get our cases done soon!

I am in queue for the interview as well and i called yesterday to obtain the status of my case. My case has arrived to my DO last monday and hopefully i will receive my IL sometime this year! Crossing my fingers! Because i am moving in June and i really have no further intentions to deal with this mess.

I am in queue for the interview as well and i called yesterday to obtain the status of my case. My case has arrived to my DO last monday and hopefully i will receive my IL sometime this year! Crossing my fingers! Because i am moving in June and i really have no further intentions to deal with this mess.

Who told you that your case arrived at DO last Monday - the customer service person or did you get to the IIO ?

Who told you that your case arrived at DO last Monday - the customer service person or did you get to the IIO ?

Gatedgal is married to a member of the military, and the military have their own liaison to the USCIS. I wish us civilians had something similar! :D

This is amazing Gatedgal. You applied in Jan and are ready for interview too? and here we are still waiting from August filer.. :(

Gatedgal is married to a member of the military, and the military have their own liaison to the USCIS

I don't think being to someone in the military has anything to do with anything. I am married to a Soldier for 10 years and I applied way back and take my Oath on Monday. So if you look at my timeline where did the military come in ?

I don't think being to someone in the military has anything to do with anything. I am married to a Soldier for 10 years and I applied way back and take my Oath on Monday. So if you look at my timeline where did the military come in ?

A couple of weeks ago, Gatedgal posted that she went to a military liaison to find out whether her name check cleared or not. I never said that military affiliation helps expedite the process, but was just answering a question of how Gatedgal found out that her case has been transferred.

Ok guys. after writing it last night, i just called and learnt that my interview date is on March 17th, 2008 in Charlotte :) I couldnt be happier. I know my husband being in the military and holding a special assignment helped me to expedite my process but i wasnt expectng it to be sooo soon. I just want to thank you all and wishing you all the best. I have to study all those questions now and book my hotel in Charlotte. OMG i am sooo happy