NVC - Wrong Case Number.

rdavidmaria

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
NVC created case number for my I-140 petition. Instead of Chennai (my jurisdiction) it created NWDXXXXXXXXXX case number(New Delhi).
How can it be corrected? If its lengthy process shall I leave it now and handle it latter?

Any suggestions and response is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I had the same problem. They initially created it for Singapore with a case number starting with SGP. I called them and they directed me to submit a return request explaining why I would be eligible to choose Chennai as my Consulate for processing. I faxed a copy of the letter and Fedexed another one at the same time. Evidently the faxed copy itself worked and they changed my case number and Connsulate to Chennai. I paid my fee bill using the old case number , but Packet3 came with the new number. Now the online status check works for both numbers + BCIS case number.

Hope this helps.

rdavidmaria:

This has happened with a couple of cases. Just call NVC adn talk to a rep there...also fax a copy of your passport/ visas displaying chennai as the place of residence or a place within the jurisdiction of chennai (such as hyderabad/ bangalore....) and include a cover letter. And to play safe also mail the same to NVC after you have faxed. This should ideally get rectified within a week. Dont worry !

Thanks for the quick responses. I faxed a covering letter with my passport first pages to NVC as well as I have mailed the same.
I hoping it gets fixed without any further delay.

I have same issue , NVC welcome letter states that after reciving all documents file will be sent to Mumbai india rather new Delhi. Basically my case number is wrong. I emailed NVC but no response yet.Is anyone familiar with this situation? How long NVC takes to send me another case number or fix this situation?