NVC Required Documents Questions

dhlunar

Registered Users (C)
We just received word today that my wife's parents I-130s were transferred to the Nebraska Service Center (wording of status online originally made it sound like it was being sent to the local office) for processing. Hopefully the I-130s will be approved in the near future that my wife wants to start collecting the required documents now that NVC wants. However, I have a few questions:

Since my wife had to send 2 I-130 (one for each parent), I take it that NVC is going to create two different cases (one for each parent) so some documentation needs to be sent twice. Am I correct to assume that? If two cases are created then does my wife need to get two copies of originals for certain things such as her birth certificate and marriage certificate or will NVC only need one original and will share it with both files?

Without giving the country that my wife is from, I read that documentation submitted to NVC needs to be in English or the official language of the country were the interview is going to be done. Is that true that documentation may be in either language?

Also, I read that the petitioner (my wife) will need to submit an original birth certificate and marriage certificate. Will NVC need her to submit proof of being a naturalized US Citizen or is that no needed since it was sent to USCIS with the I-130?

Last edited by a moderator: