NVC forwarded the case to Chennai on June 5 2007

bluez25

Registered Users (C)
Hi.

I have submitted my DS230 Part 1 forms to NVC and last I heard was that NVC forwarded the case to Chennai consulate on June 5th 2007.

Any one here in this forum with prior experience please shed some light by giving some information on
1. How long will it take for US Consulate in Chennai to schedule appointment for me from the time NVC transferred the case.
2. What are all the next steps and what are all the documents I need to keep ready after submitting the DS 230 Part 1 forms.

Response to this would greatly appreciated.

Check out cptracker.com for timeline. Apply for PCC right away. VFS website for mumbai clearly states the documents required at Mumbai. I guess it should be the same for chennai

NVC forwarded the Case to Chennai on 5th June.

Finally after doing all the research and talking to many veterans got GC through this process I got to know that it will take at least 3 to 4 months before you get the appoinment scheduled.
Also once the case is forwarded to chennai consulate, it will not be affected by the retrogression since the file will get transferred only when it is current.

Keeping that in mind I have applied for my PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) from Indian Consulate - SFO and requested the municipality re-issue my birth certificate with my name clearly written on it.

Also while I was analyzing for the BC I figured that Indian consulate is also issuing the BC's based on your passwort which is widely accepted by INS. Since this information might be usefull some folks out there I have posted.

Finally after doing all the research and talking to many veterans got GC through this process I got to know that it will take at least 3 to 4 months before you get the appoinment scheduled.
Also once the case is forwarded to chennai consulate, it will not be affected by the retrogression since the file will get transferred only when it is current.

Keeping that in mind I have applied for my PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) from Indian Consulate - SFO and requested the municipality re-issue my birth certificate with my name clearly written on it.

Also while I was analyzing for the BC I figured that Indian consulate is also issuing the BC's based on your passwort which is widely accepted by INS. Since this information might be usefull some folks out there I have posted.

If you have not already done so, please check at the Chennai consulate website to see if your case has been scheduled for appointment. Usually, they publish mid-month for the upcoming month.

NVC forwarded the case to Chennai Consulate.

yes.. I have been monitoring the chennai consulate for the appoinments and they will update the new appoinments on 10th of evry month for the following month.

Also talking to more CP veterans here and outside.. I figured that once it is out of NVC.. its all with chennai consulate and they will take 3 to 4 months before they schedule any appoinments....

Appan- What hapened to your interview.. did u get u r passport yet?

When is VISA number alloted to CP cases

I think the VISA numbers got to be current at the time of interview and not just at the time of sending the application to the Consulate.

Yes your are right.

Yes .. you are right... Looks like I will have to wait for the next bus...

for Bluez25

Yes .. you are right... Looks like I will have to wait for the next bus...

Bluez25, Can you tell me if the Packet3 (Form DS 230) was received by you directly or was it sent to your Employer/Attorney?

Controlling factor..

Yes welwin... My attorney received it and he sent it to me....

The fact is.. if u have filed a form for making your attorney the point of contact which I think form 3032 or some thing like that.. the DS 230 goes to the attorney otherwise it should come directly to you...

I think most of the attorney's by default file that form on behalf of you so that they get all the communication....

Hope this helps

Yes welwin... My attorney received it and he sent it to me....

The fact is.. if u have filed a form for making your attorney the point of contact which I think form 3032 or some thing like that.. the DS 230 goes to the attorney otherwise it should come directly to you...

I think most of the attorney's by default file that form on behalf of you so that they get all the communication....

Hope this helps

-

Bluez25..How long it took to receive DS230I and instruction package after they received the processing fees? NVC received the fees on June 1, and my attorney has not received these forms yet.

Call NVC

-

Bluez25..How long it took to receive DS230I and instruction package after they received the processing fees? NVC received the fees on June 1, and my attorney has not received these forms yet.

Tude,

Generally it takes couple of weeks after NVC encash your check. Call NVC at 603-334-0700 and you will get the update.
For me, they took 11 days to send the 230 Forms. I haven't received it yet, should be getting it next week.

Yes Willwin

I contacted NVC and customer service told me that, the packet has been sent on 11th June, but my attorney has not received yet. Looks like, we are sailing in the same boat. Hopefully, we will receive it next week.

Thanks again. Will let you know as soon as any progress is done.!

Tude

Dude Tude.. just rhyming huh !

Hey it will take 2 to 3 weeks once NVC en cash the checks. Also check with your attorney office. they might be sleeping on it but just saying they havent received... or may be your employer received it and is not giving it to you. first check to see who is on the file for your case.. whether its u, or employer or attorney...

cool dude tude

Dude Tude.. just rhyming huh !

Hey it will take 2 to 3 weeks once NVC en cash the checks. Also check with your attorney office. they might be sleeping on it but just saying they havent received... or may be your employer received it and is not giving it to you. first check to see who is on the file for your case.. whether its u, or employer or attorney...

Hi..better will be cool dude tude..:)

Thanks anyways for your response! In my case, my attorney was supposed to receive the packet.I am asking him everyday for last 2 weeks and he keeps saying .."No..Nothing..I am really worried now..Hope, I will get it today..

Good luck to you.Thanks

Got the packet today

Hi.folks..

got the packet today..but very confusing. They have just mentioned to follow the directions from the link..
Do we need to send I 864 (affidavit for support for wife also) or just DS 230I along with passport photocopies.

I am under EB2 category.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
not required

Hey Tude....

I think you wont need 864 affidavit since that is not for the immediate family like wife and children. But please confirm with the lawyer before assuming any thing. For me atleast I dont remember giving the 864..

All the best and keep us in loop on u r progress.. The number you see on the package like MDR... is ur NVC case number.

DS 230I Q 25 on page 2

Hi...

I have asked my attorney also about this question but can't wait till he responds..

I am in USA since 99 and visited to india and canada couple of times. Do I need to mention about all these reenteries as my visits to USA.

This is asked on Q.25 on page 2 of DS230I.

Any tip will be appreciated.

Thanks folks..

How many days to receive Packet 3????

Hi...

I have asked my attorney also about this question but can't wait till he responds..

I am in USA since 99 and visited to india and canada couple of times. Do I need to mention about all these reenteries as my visits to USA.

This is asked on Q.25 on page 2 of DS230I.

Any tip will be appreciated.

Thanks folks..

Tude,

When did your Packet 3 actually arrived? I know you just got it yesterday. But did your attorney/Employer receive it few days/weeks back?

NVC has sent my Packet 3 on July 2nd but I am yet to receive it.

Thanks