NSC Fax Number????

180dayzjobhop

Registered Users (C)
Well...the good news is my I485 got approved August 4th. But on August 3rd I sent out my I131 Advance Parole Renewal Application. Anyone got NSC's fax number so I can send a fax to them and request them to ignore that application of mine and not to encash the I131 Application Check of $165.

congratulations. As for the fax number, I searcehd and couldn't find. Can anybody shed some light on it?

Even if you withdraw your application..., the amount will not be reiumbersed. If you want to take risk..., keep a hold on the check.
If your I-485 is approved, then your I-131 will automatically coverted to re-entry permit application. So it is not a total loss as like I-765 application. Ofcourse re-entry permit may be useless too...

Re-entry permit?

Isn't re-entry permit the one that is given once in a life time to allow a permanent resident to leave the US for 2 years?

BTW if anyone is interested:
I485 RD/ND is June 2001 from TSC...so my case was prolly the oldest one around.

180dayzjobhop said:
Well...the good news is my I485 got approved August 4th. But on August 3rd I sent out my I131 Advance Parole Renewal Application. Anyone got NSC's fax number so I can send a fax to them and request them to ignore that application of mine and not to encash the I131 Application Check of $165.

try this one : 402-323-2594 good luck

180dayzjobhop said:
Isn't re-entry permit the one that is given once in a life time to allow a permanent resident to leave the US for 2 years?

BTW if anyone is interested:
I485 RD/ND is June 2001 from TSC...so my case was prolly the oldest one around.

I think your best bet is to make a stop payment note to your bank on that check. Otherwise CIS folks will just submit the check for payment, irrespective of what is going to happen to your AP application. If it is of any use, EAD renewal application for my wife was sent 07/26/04, received on 07/28/04, early this week. So act fast, rather than sending a fax, though there might be some charges for making the stop payment order, still you save something.

Congratulations and relax ! Good to see that June 2001 is approved. May be, I will be the next oldest around with RD/ND of Nov. 2001 at NSC.

peace_of_mind said:
Even if you withdraw your application..., the amount will not be reiumbersed. If you want to take risk..., keep a hold on the check.

What is the risk involved in making a stop payment on AP application, once you have your I-485 approved? Could you pl. elaborate ?

Your Bank will charge you $20, USCIS may ask you to pay $20 fine for returned check. You'll lose $40 anyways plus I dont know what they'll do when they find out that your check got returned.

Why dont you try their famous 800 number and see if anything can be done. Otherwise let $130 go... USCIS is $$ Hungry anyways, let them have it...

Leave that amount to USCIS .. let them have it [ Beggers !!! ].... why take a headache of getting in trouble with stop payment for such a simple amount .....

I personally feel that taking risk for such a small amount is useless ... enjoy the 485 approval ... go travelling ... have fun ... Don't worry abt that AP either .... you are done with the biggest mess of all .... the 485 ..... have fun ...

- Jha

Last edited by a moderator:
Typically if a check issued to a goverment agency is returned, the check is send to the DA's office, the DA then will send you a letter demanding for a check that is good and also fines and fees to process the returned check.

I would never put a hold on a check that is issued to a goverment agency, it always goes to DA's office. THe only adivce I would give is either legt go of $160 or call the 800 number and ask them what can be done.

santo,
To your question, what is the risk???
guju has well explaind before I could reply. In some matters, let go..., is best policy. Also, check bouncing is considered as a crime in many countries...

kjkool said:
Your Bank will charge you $20, USCIS may ask you to pay $20 fine for returned check. You'll lose $40 anyways plus I dont know what they'll do when they find out that your check got returned.

Why dont you try their famous 800 number and see if anything can be done. Otherwise let $130 go... USCIS is $$ Hungry anyways, let them have it...

Agree with you

Do not ask your bank to cancel your check. One of my friend had the same situation as you last year , and at first he asked his bank stop to pay........then he got a letter from ....., finally, he sent another check plus..... :D

Last edited by a moderator: