Now US citizen, traveling to COP

NowCitizen

Hi,
I am us citizen now holding us passport, can i travel to cop to visit sick relative for couple of weeks. Anyone know anyone who has us citizenship based on asylum that got revoked for visiting cop?

Do you feel you can safely visit your COP? If the answer is yes, either because the situation has changed, or visiting the country doesn't pose the dangers that living there does, then by all means go. You are unlikely to be questioned about it, and if you are, you can explain your reasons.

I don't understand why this is a topic. Please go home and have fun. You don't need permission from anybody. Being a citizen means that you are free to go wherever you want. Do not let gestapo tactics from dhs or fear-monger-posts on here, block you from living your life.

Last edited:
You are a CITIZEN. You cannot be denied entry to the US. There's no record of anyone having their asylum-based citizenship revoked for visiting their COP after gaining citizenship. At least not for that reason. Like 7of9 said, go have fun.

Hi,
I am us citizen now holding us passport, can i travel to cop to visit sick relative for couple of weeks. Anyone know anyone who has us citizenship based on asylum that got revoked for visiting cop?
In June 2018, the director of USCIS, Cissna, announced that he was hiring a team of attorneys for a separate office in California for the purpose of investigating denaturalization and making the necessary referrals to the Department of Justice for prosecution.
Denaturalization cannot be solely done by the USCIS and it has to go through court proceedings.

Keep us updated.

In June 2018, the director of USCIS, Cissna, announced that he was hiring a team of attorneys for a separate office in California for the purpose of investigating denaturalization and making the necessary referrals to the Department of Justice for prosecution.
Denaturalization cannot be solely done by the USCIS and it has to go through court proceedings.

Keep us updated.

of the few denaturalization cases I have seen - and uscis seems to like posting these on their social media pages, I guess as a warning - the only ones I recall seeing are ones where people have used false names to re-enter or stay in the US after deportation orders (and use those false names to gain immigration benefits and citizenship), or concealed criminal behavior that would have made them inadmissible originally. Now there may well be others, but I don’t recall that. Are you aware of any cases that occurred because an asylum based usc visited cop?

of the few denaturalization cases I have seen - and uscis seems to like posting these on their social media pages, I guess as a warning - the only ones I recall seeing are ones where people have used false names to re-enter or stay in the US after deportation orders (and use those false names to gain immigration benefits and citizenship), or concealed criminal behavior that would have made them inadmissible originally. Now there may well be others, but I don’t recall that. Are you aware of any cases that occurred because an asylum based usc visited cop?
I have so far seen two cases on the internet. They both involved identity forgery and using false names. However, it doesn't necessarily mean that they publish every single case. Particularly, they won't announce asylum cases becuase it's confidential.
They were both denaturalized under "operation Janus" which is the task force that was formed under the current administration for investigating those who have been naturalized since the mid 1990s.

This is an unprecedented measure of scrutiny. A naturalized asylee will be safe travelling to COP as long as the USCIS won't scheck their travel history, similar to what they do before they give you a US passport.

I have so far seen two cases on the internet. They both involved identity forgery and using false names. However, it doesn't necessarily mean that they publish every single case. Particularly, they won't announce asylum cases becuase it's confidential.
They were both denaturalized under "operation Janus" which is the task force that was formed under the current administration for investigating those who have been naturalized since the mid 1990s.

This is an unprecedented measure of scrutiny. A naturalized asylee will be safe travelling to COP as long as the USCIS won't scheck their travel history, similar to what they do before they give you a US passport.
So the short answer is no, you haven’t seen any such cases.

There's no reported cases about denationalization based on visiting COP that I heard or read of. Personally know 3 people those got asylum, then citizenship and visited the COP immediately after getting passport, nothing happened. You more safe if you visit your COP with US passport, then with the green card.

Short answer...if you feel safe or country conditions have changed and they give you a visa/allow you entry, you can. You are a US citizen and free to travel like any other.
Although I never did it personally since it’s not safe for me, it is very possible to even visit COP with a green card. There is no law that prohibits you. The risk is that USCIS will use that to investigate and find that your initial asylum claim was invalid. Still, the burden of proof is on them and if you have a valid reason for the visit, a good lawyer can defend you. I honestly doubt they will do that, but it’s better to avoid legal issues. Personally I haven’t visited cop even after being a citizen for almost a year as it’s not safe