Now or Never!!, choices:::take out 5 min now/GC wait 5-10 years/go to your country

nato

Registered Users (C)
Now or Never!!, choices:::take out 5 min now/GC wait 5-10 years/go to your country

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=196539

Which one do we prefer!!!

Folks it is very simple to send faxes at ISN America, took only 2-3 minutes to send faxes from multiple states to about 10+ senators. wish they had some customization of message option though.

Now that the 4241 is passed it is really now or never with a little effort from all of us, these faxes could make a difference between getting this S.1932 included.

spend 5 minutes now
or
wait for 5-10 years for GC
or
go back to your country choices are very clear.

Wake Up!!!

even if you already did send you can send it again as long as the limit of 5(just noticed they reduced it to 3 today) is not reached and you can send it from 5 different states to get it across to 15 senators etc. if you got 10 email ids, yours,parents, spouse, kids anyone this is the time to use it and each person can cover all 50 states in US.

S.1932 fax from ISNAmerica took 2 min/10 fax, registration is simple takes only 30-50 sec and another 1 minute to send the faxes, choose all option in the list

Folks who are not able to do it today, please take out time time on the weekend so that when they return to their offices on Monday, their office is flooded with this and they are bound to read it. Use your friends zip, old Zip, Physician friends you need to use Dr. in front of your first Name at ISNAmerica to emphasize that even physicians who are needed in US and there is a termendous shortage suffer because of this.
posting the states are important too, so that we are sure all the states are covered, this is only to cover the base and shouldn't stop if one person has covered that state as we want tons of faxes on each ones table. let them know that it matters to us. I will make a list of the states covered as I see from the thread and please update the state in the list as you send

we spend hours / days in the forum and this time it is crucial to spend 5 minutes on this fax.

ISN America has reported very poor statisitcs on the web fax use so far
Total no of Faxes sent by All IsnAmerica.Org members so far (by using Web fax service):
Total Unique Members used this WebFax service so far
1584 (This is the memeber count some of these from this forum)
(We are aiming for atleast 2000 members participation, Total IsnAmerica.Org Members: 17168

we shouldnot expect the senators to work for us if we can't work for ourselves.
say yes here if you sent the fax already, it will encourage others in the forum to send faxes and keep the thread live as well

http://www.isnamerica.org/

http://www.isnamerica.org/members/quickregister.asp

for zip code / state lookup

http://www.downloadzipcode.com/

The AILA link for email but the header is H1-B and retrogression which gives the H1-B emphasis, however the big plus is contents can be modified or your own letter can be posted
http://capwiz.com/aila2/mail/oneclick_compose/?alertid=8185761

Here is the content of fax suggested by Sankara / Concorde

November 18, 2005

Subject: Inclusion of S.1932 section 8001 in final legislation of budget reconciliation for enactment into law

Dear Honorable Congressman,

Quick facts -

• Please note that this letter has nothing to do with illegal immigrants but highlights retrogression issues with employment based immigration petitions (green cards) which have been moved back by 7-8 years. This kind of retrogression promotes employer taking advantages, keeping employees at low wages for longer durations as it restricts employment change.

• This is also NOT ABOUT increasing the existing worldwide green card quota, but, is an appeal to include the following relief measures as entailed in S. 1932 Sec 8001 passed already by the honorable Senate–

o Recapturing the unused employment based green card numbers from previous years (due to processing delays).
o Implement measures to stop further dilution of already short employment based green card pool by not counting each dependant separately towards the quota count.
o Measures to allow filing of I-485 (adjustment of status to permanent residence) despite retrogression with additional fees of $500 for each application for a later adjudication when quota numbers become available.

American businesses and legal immigrants (Information technology professionals, Health care professionals, physicians, scientist, government contractors and many others who contribute towards the national interest and economy) are facing an enormous crisis which is not in the long term interest of the Unites States in maintaining it’s lead as a superpower in science & technology, medicine, education and other fields; the crisis being “Lengthy Employment Immigration Backlogs to the tune of 7-8 years due to retrogression in the Employment Based category". Please note that this has NOT BEEN caused due to a sudden spike of excess immigrant green card applications. This has been caused due to various processing delays at Department of Labor and the USCIS (which was formerly the INS) due to a heavily overburdened and overwhelmed system resulting in a huge backlog of immigrant green card applications piling up. Also, please note that the persons in queue for years have either passed or are passing the strictest tests and scrutiny as per law to ensure that they are being chosen after employers have not been able to find adequate numbers of suitable professionals in the local job market. These potential immigrants are potential job creators and are complementing the American workforce. If these professionals had remained in their home countries (or go back to) they would be doing those very jobs there instead of here in the US thus leading to acceleration in outsourcing and an eventual shift of jobs away from US shores. The $500 specila fee per application creates revenue additionally.

I would like to bring your attention to this article which states the importance of immigrants in a vibrant 21st century American economy –

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2005-11-15-inner-cities-usat_x.htm?csp=26

Inclusion if S. 1932 Sec 8001 in the final legislation simply gives a chance to those legal law abiding and lawfully present in United States professionals waiting for years in line due to processing delays to get a fair chance of getting a green card. This would enable them to move on with their lives & productively contribute to the American economy without the feeling of constant insecurity and uncertainty which promotes savings to take back to home country rather than spending it here. This in effect will generate much larger revenue for the U.S. Govt. and in fact avoid the process of cutting grants/funding for other existing and yet useful programs.

Mr. Tom Ridge, ex chief of Homeland Security said in April 14, 2003: "As we secure America from terrorists, we do not want to risk losing the next Enrico Fermi or Albert Einstein…We would be a far poorer nation in many, many ways...."

We appreciate your positive viewpoint towards the inclusion of Section 8001 of S.1932 in the bill.

Sincerely,

NAME

Article notes from USA Today whose link is given in the letter above –

Immigrant businesses can have wide economic impact
By Edward Iwata, USA TODAY
Large numbers of immigrants and their businesses in U.S. inner cities often spark growth in jobs and household incomes — and even broader economic activity in those locales, according to a study released Tuesday.
According to Harvard Business School professor Michael Porter, in his study, Porter found that the 5.5 million immigrants who live in inner cities are key catalysts to economic growth and urban investment.
The immigrants "change the very face of entrepreneurship in inner cities" and "provide a much-needed shot of economic vibrancy to distressed neighborhoods," said Porter, who has advised Congress and the White House.
Job growth in 10 U.S. inner cities with high immigrant populations outpaced job growth in their broader metropolitan statistical areas, or MSAs. The cities: Anaheim, Long Beach, Oakland, San Jose, Calif.; Portland, Ore.; Seattle; Tulsa; St. Petersburg, Fla.; Winston-Salem, N.C.; and Jersey City.
• Inner-city businesses in the 100 largest U.S. cities provide 8.1 million jobs, or 8% of U.S. private employment.
• The average inner city wage has grown 1.8% to $39,300 from 1995 to 2003, outpacing average wage growth of 1.7% in metropolitan statistical areas.

here is the updated state list so far faxed at least once
List of States at least covered as a minimum to cover the base in the thread
if you don't find the state, try sending a fax to it.

VA
MO
TX
GA
CT
NY
NJ
PA
NH
IL
OR
AZ
WA
OH
MD
MI

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes sent to 3 states/10+ faxes so far more shortly

oops!!! they probably saw this thread and brought it down to 3 fax, will use other accounts to get to more states at the last which are left out

Here is the zipcode link to look up other states if faxing for another state

better we do not restrict to one state, many of us have stayed in multiple states or have friends in other states and we can send on their behalf with our id's too, as long as the limit of 5 is not reached.

I went there

and I thought I heard Webfax machine mumbling..

Fir se aagaya ... :p :p :p

I have taken some friends name and their zip codes from my states and I am doing on their behalf...

Nato , please take lead

nato said:

better we do not restrict to one state, many of us have stayed in multiple states or have friends in other states and we can send on their behalf with our id's too, as long as the limit of 5 is not reached.

Hi Nato,

You are doing good job. I think we should persue the senators who sponsored the immigration bill in senate. We should write them a special letter that this bill should be included in the bill that HR passed today early AM. So that the efforts they have taken to increase revenue will bear fruits. The Chairman of R HR has said that they want to strike S1932 and replace with HR 42... And we need to write that we are sending faxes to all senators and bill reconcilation committee members. If possible please draft a letter that will boost the senators who sponsored the immigration bill and so that they will persue it with committe members before the bill dies.

Faxed to to all senators/congressman for GA

I did sent fax from ISN America to all senators/congressman for GA state. :) lets hope for the best.

Faxed to all Congressmen and Senators in New Jersey for me and my wife. I pray for it to pass. It could be the biggest thing in my life. Please let us file 485!

Faxed to 12 different states to all senators/congressman

Just Now Faxed to 12 different states to all senators/congressman.

I will keep faxing all the day in behalf of my family, friends and other GC Sufferes.

Guys, Keep faxing , we need your full support.

Excellent!!!!!!!!!, Folks this is what is our only hope now

SaiWelcome said:
Just Now Faxed to 12 different states to all senators/congressman.

I will keep faxing all the day in behalf of my family, friends and other GC Sufferes.

Guys, Keep faxing , we need your full support.

Nato don't we need to make chamges in old letter??

nato said:
Which one do we prefer!!!

Folks it is very simple to send faxes at ISN America, took only 2-3 minutes to send faxes from multiple states to about 10+ senators. wish they had some customization of message option though.

Now that the 4241 is passed it is really now or never with a little effort from all of us, these faxes could make a difference between getting this S.1932 included.

spend 5 minutes now
or
wait for 5-10 years for GC
or
go back to your country choices are very clear.

Wake Up!!!

even if you already did send you can send it again as long as the limit of 5 is not reached and you can send it from 5 different states to get it across to 15 senators etc. if you got 10 email ids, yours,parents, spouse, kids anyone this is the time to use it and each person can cover all 50 states in US.

S.1932 fax from ISNAmerica took 2 min/10 fax, registration is simple takes only 30-50 sec and another 1 minute to send the faxes, choose all option in the list

we spent hours / days in the forum and this time it is crucial to spend 5 minutes on this fax.

ISN America has reported very poor statisitcs on the web fax use so far
we shouldnot expect the senators to work for us if we can't work for ourselves.
say yes here if you sent the fax already, it will encourage others in the forum to send faxes and keep the thread live as well

http://www.isnamerica.org/

http://www.isnamerica.org/members/quickregister.asp

for zip code / state lookup

Hi Nato,

Conard has drafted a letter (please see his post), do not we need to upload such a simple letter now for fax. OR we need to continue to fax the same letter draft that is posted on fax site before passing of HR 4241.

Hi Shankara, it is good to have little customization here or there, don't know exactly what is the time availabe before they go back to discuss it, if the time available is just today, then first priority for today can be the fax site letter to get it less taxing for people in the forum and get some volumes underway and as time permit then we can post some customized letters over the weekend. can you post the link or load the letter.
shankara21cen said:
Hi Nato,

Conard has drafted a letter (please see his post), do not we need to upload such a simple letter now for fax. OR we need to continue to fax the same letter draft that is posted on fax site before passing of HR 4241.

sections

Guys here is an option

We keep debating over whether to mention H1 or EB reforms. Why not just ask them to support "SEC. 8001. RECAPTURE OF UNUSED VISA NUMBERS" Or simply Section 8001/8002. That way we dont have to use our own "buzzwords".

What do you guys think?

Agree but the why needs to be there, i.e. who is affected with retro, not the illegal

but Er,Einstiens,Physicians...
nozdam said:
Guys here is an option

We keep debating over whether to mention H1 or EB reforms. Why not just ask them to support "SEC. 8001. RECAPTURE OF UNUSED VISA NUMBERS" Or simply Section 8001/8002. That way we dont have to use our own "buzzwords".

What do you guys think?

Section 8001 is crystal clear to everyone, esp the Senate members. They know their own bills and sections. You can mention ERs and Physicians. We also need to include the TECH workers. All i am saying is write to them in THEIR language. Right now we are confused as to wheather saying green card stands a better chance or keeping the Green card hidden behind H1's is better. Simply ask them to support Section 8001. Sec 8001 is GCs ONLY. Section 8002 is regarding H1/L1 fee/quota increase.

Lets talk to them in THEIR language

That helps, thanks for the clarification

I agree with the confusion too and your proposal, can you post the letter/link here so that we see what the next step is
nozdam said:
Section 8001 is crystal clear to everyone, esp the Senate members. They know their own bills and sections. You can mention ERs and Physicians. We also need to include the TECH workers. All i am saying is write to them in THEIR language. Right now we are confused as to wheather saying green card stands a better chance or keeping the Green card hidden behind H1's is better. Simply ask them to support Section 8001. Sec 8001 is GCs ONLY. Section 8002 is regarding H1/L1 fee/quota increase.

Lets talk to them in THEIR language

sent fax from 5 of my family members to all GA senators

nozdam said:
Guys here is an option

What do you guys think?