Nov/Dec 2000 cases

Hi, Wife\'s case still pending RD 11/6/00 spoke to IIO who said that wife\'s

case is waiting for connection to my I140 case. My attorney spoke to IIO and they said that my wife\'s case is in the officers holding area waiting to be assigned. This is the latest info.

Update

I spoke to the National Visa Center, to whom INS incorrectly sent my packet thinking mine was a CP case. The lady was very friendly. She said that the NVC sent my packet to Chennai in June 2000, and sent a note to my lawyer too. Needless to say, I am extremely pissed with my lawyer.

The NVC has no idea whether Nebraska has requested this packet back from the consulate or not. When I called Nebraska a couple of weeks ago, they mentioned something about "connecting the I140 with the I485". I have no idea whether this "connection" occurs after the packet has been received from the consulate, or whether this is the first step before asking for the packet from the consulate (God help me if the latter is true).

4 yrs - same desk, same job already.

National Visa Center

Hi
Do you have the number for the National Visa Center? And what kind of information do you have to give them to talk about the case?
My case is also sitting around(LIN-01-048) and people are calling these old cases...(Hey, I haven\'t even heard once from INS and I don\'t know what\'s wrong)...Last time, the congressman\'s rep told my case I-140 is being connected to I-485..
My stupid lawyer had applied for I-485 CP too. He keeps telling me everything is fine and dandy....
I can never get through to NSC to even talk to them....( I don\'t know how much that will help)..

To call NVC

Oxygenman

You need the I140 approval notice. You will need the LIN number from that. The notice also has the number to call for the National Visa Center.

Security checks

Spoke to IIO for four times in four weeks after much trying. Case is on officer\'s desk and "not lying in a box" as per IIO. Can be finalized anytime soon (light years I guess)
Stupid lawyer filed for CP, and I did not catch that in time; made me stupider after 1 year. Tracked down the I140 document after calling NVC; who said that I better get it back to Nebraska or the case will age out. Rightly said, and Consular sent me a note stating that if I do not act on this notice, then I am screwed and quoted me some clauses about ageing out or whatever.
Informed the screwed-up lawyer, said do not worry - everything is cool. I was hot under my collar and called the consulate. Consulate informed me that Nebrasksa had requested the I140 file back. Only Nebraska can recall the file and not the beneficiary or the screwed-up lawyers.
Called up the IIO; informed me that security checks have increased and have patience. Very friendly IIO\'s for all inquiries; and they were apologetic about the process. Got to thank the screwed-up lawyer for the fiasco.
Strange enough was informed by Immig Officer a port of entry that the case should be resolved soon (that was in March this year)
Am now past the 500 day stage by a few days - same company, many promotions.
Ever seen a lawyer who walks with his hands in his own pockets!!!
Even went to the Senator via Senator liaison in Nebraska in March. Informed then that the cases are delayed by 90 days; so that made it Sept 2000. Informed the lawyer that this cannot be possible as May 2001 cases are being processed. Well, at that time I gave up the Senatorial option to pursue information.
At this stage, AVM is the same "Recd on so and so; and will take 300- 365 days"
Happy Hunting!!!

RFE Issued for Nov 2000 Case

I heard on AVM that INS has issued RFE on May 6th for me and my wife. I haven\'t received RFEs yet. My case is
ND Nov 6th and RD Nov 29th 2000. Lin 01-044-xxxxxx, PD Mar 1999, Non-RIR, 2nd EAD, INDIA. Looks like its moving... I wonder what for is that RFE

Question to all

Here\'s whats confusing. Ok, the INS or Lawyer screwed up and the I140 got sent to NVC on to consulate incorrectly, since we did not ask for CP. Now, INS is working on the I485.

Why do they need the I140 approval notice back from the consulate? INS is the one that approved the I140, dont they have it in their system, or hard copies at least? Why in the world are they trying to retrieve it from the consulate?

WhoknowsWhen, how long did it take for INS to retrieve it from the consulate?

Question to all - 2

Here\'s another question.

I called INS Nebraska on two consecutive mondays. As soon as I called the second time, the IIO asked me why I called, since I had called just the previous week. She was also very rude.

This means that they track our calls. Now I am paranoid whether excessive calling might cause the IIO to somehow delay my case. Or is this desi paranoia kicking in?

More Info

Reply to WhenDoesItEnd
IIO told me it does not matter if the I140 is with the Consulate. The approval is known to Nebraska and that is all that matters.
It took 7 days for Consulate to return I140 to Nebraska.
Based on my conversations, it is very important that NEbraska knows that you have applied for AOS at Lincoln. We did that via a letter in Dec 2000 when we were informed of our I140 being sent to Consulate.
It is extremely important that INS is informed of the intention to AOS and not CP; otherwise INS will assume you performed the CP; and there will be no action at Lincoln.
I again stress that INS was not at fault with the file being routed to Consulate, but our lack of knowledge of the particular section in the I140.
All I can say is the file is with an officer and I am grateful for the movement from box to desk:)
God Bless!!

Just spoke with IIO

EB3 - RD 12/11/00, ND 12/20/00, FP 03/01 Portland OR, LIN-01-061-xxxx

Hi,
Wanted to pass along the information that I just spoke with an IIO. She was really nice. I learnt from her that my case has moved along from where it was the last time,(i.e. earlier it was waiting for I-140 file to be connnected- I-140 approved at CSC). Now it seems that the connection to I-140 has happened and she says its in a holding area where several peices of information will be collected before being given to an officer. She said that cases are taking a lot longer these days, and she could not give me any estimate. Another good confirmation she gave me was that the address they have on file for me was the latest one. I moved 3 months ago and had filed a change of address with the INS. Hope fully things will move along faster now....
Later.

Question to 485_1200

Do you know how this "connection" happened? Did they retrieve your I140 approval from the consulate? I had my relatives call the consulate in India, and apparently my I140 approval is still there, INS has not asked for it back.

Similar case I-140 for CP

Got RFE on 4/16 for I-140 amendment. (Company mergers)

NSC RD 10/00 ND 11/00

finally approved

Hi
My case was finally approved on May 13th as per the AVM.
My Lin# 010-048-------(Recd on Dec 5th,2000, ND: Nov 17,2000).
PD: July 1998, EB2 INDIA, FP: 3/27/01. I-140 approved for CP but filed for I-485.. Never changed jobs and nothing complicated about my case but just delayed because of labor taking 1 1/2 years in Chicago......
Still waiting for the notice and also my wife\'s case is still not approved as per the AVM(changed to 360-390 from 300-330). Most probably, her case will be transferred to local INS(because they could not get her fingerprints clearly twice).
What a day after 4 years, I get my case approved on the same day, my son is born.......

Maybe INS was waiting for my son to be born (really becoming a family) before they think I am worth becoming a Permanent Resident :)

OxygenMan

Here\'s my situation

Hi,
In my case I had filed 2 I-140s, The first one was for a different older job description, this one was sent to NVC and on to Mumbai consulate(confirmed by the NVC). I changed my job description(same employer) and hence filed a new I-140 , both I-140\'s were filed at CSC. Initially I thought the newer I-140 was sent to Mumbai, but it was the older one. The second I-140 was waiting to be connected with my I-485 application at NSC.

I do not know how the connection happened. But My attorney has recently (2weeks back) filed a newer I-140 at NSC, Just in case the 2nd one was lost at CSC) and also a I-824 at CSC to ask them to report on the previously approved I-140 to NSC.

The only 3 possible reasons I can think of are:
- It just happened on its own
- The I-824 was acted upon by CSC, - this is unlikely since it takes at least 2 -3 months or longer

I know thios all sounds confusing so dont hesitate to send me any other questions.

Later./

What a relief and joy?! Right? Man, Congrats. Do you know if NVC/Consulate received a request from N

..great day!!!....

Interview notice recvd

RD 12/19/2000. Case xferred April 2. AVM updated more than a month later (dont remember when). No xfer notice recvd. Interview is on june 17. I140 approved for CP.