Nov/Dec 2000 cases

oxygenman

Registered Users (C)
This topic has been dead for a while. I see guys who have applied 6 months later having hopes assuming that all old cases must have some issues/problems. I don\'t know what the problems are in my case but it is still not approved. EB2, ND:12/05/2000 still waiting...
I remember some guys who used to post before(Ramukesi...)who applied in 2000? Didy\'all get your cases approved?
I haven\'t got even an RFE which means they have not even bothered to look at my case. From what I was last told (in April 1st week) by the local congressman\'s office is that it is on a shelf ........

Please update if your cases were filed in Dec 2000 time.......
Thanks

No Title

Last week (04/12/2002)my case was assigned to an officer with RD: 12/06/00; ND: 12/14/00; EB2/India

I too got an RFE for BIRTH CERTIFICATE,

Dear Friends, all these days I went in a OBILIVION trying to maintain a very low profile, well very recently I got an RFE from INS, asking an affidafit for my date of birth certificate. My parents lives in India, and I am getting from them. Let us see what happens after this.
RD for I 485 is August 30 2000
ND for I 485 is Sept 21 2000
LIN # 00 264 5xxxxxx

Every one here will see a lite after a very dark journey.
Good luck to all of U.

RAMU KESI

Hi ramukesi.. good news for you and promising for . ....my .

case RD 12/19/2000. Nothing happened. As you may know,
I140 CP apprvoed and the I140 is in Chennai.
On Monday Chennai informed me that they do have my case, but
NSC has not yet sent any request to them.

Man, I was trying to forget this ordeal for a while.
But, atleast I see a couple of times a week.

RD 12/19/00 still waiting

EB2 , India. IIO at NSC claims case has been transferred to Denver.
Denver says yeah they have the case but NSC will tell them when to call me for interview. NSC says they dont tell local INS offices when to schedule interview. Meanwhile no xfer notice , no update to automated message.
Man NSC just sucks big time.

By the way "old cases must have problems" is a load of crap

I\'ve been with the same employer in the same F$%^&ing cubicle in the same old job for 5 years! What\'s complicated about that?

Hello Ramukesi

Good to hear that there has been progress in your case. Our RD/ND is also Aug/Sep and we haven\'t heard anything yet. Just wondering....
1) Did you contact any Sentor/Congressman\'s office ?
2) Do you know when exactly you case was assinged and how long it took after that to recieve your RFE ?
3) When did you recieve your RFE ?
Thanks

A friend of mine was approved last week

Hi,
A friend of mine with RD 12/00 was approved last week, his wife is still waiting. hopefully our cases will get approved soon. BTW he\'s also from Portland OR.
later.

Nov 2000 cases...found this on Immitracker...

Subject: NSC approval
Posted By: cincinnati Unregistered User

Posted At: 4/24/02 8:58:58 am

ND: 2000 Nov
RD: 2000 Dec
FP: 2001 Aug

Call of interview @ local office on April 16th 2002
Approved after the interview.

Thank you all for sharing the information here.

Silent Observer

I have been watching these discussions for a while, and decided to join in.

I am in a similar boat as some of you. My ND is 12/26/00.. Still waiting. My file was sent "accidently" to the national visa center, even though I am pursuing an I485.

Spoke to an IIO last week, they\'re trying to "connect" my I140 to I485. What does this mean?

Connecting I140 to the I485

This was posted by Achiever a while back. It seems like cases that are not "connected" with the I140\'s seem to be taking more time than others.

Message text:
Posted By: achiever 4/15/02 1:58 PM

Yes u can talk to senator or congressman. Give them your details & ask them to find out why your case is pending so long.
Also call IIO & ask him about why your case is delayed. Also did your lawyer called NSC or wrote a letter to NSC? If he has wrote a letter then ask him to call NSC by phone & talk to IIO.

Some officers do ask for connection with your I140 & I485. That means they pull your I140 file from warehouse & match with I485. This seems to take some time. Once the connection is made then your file is assigned to an officer. There is nothing to worry but process just adds delay in already delayed process.

Keep us posted when you hear from congressman\' office. Also I would recommend you to call IIO once in 2 weeks & ask him/her specifically why your case is pending. So proactive IIOs can give you some details such as connection. Not all IIOs will give you all the details about your case.

Achiever

Wait 120 Days Before Inquiry on I-485s at NSC - Murthy bulletin

Hi all,

go this from Murthy bulletin.
Achiever

The Nebraska Service Center (NSC) issued a request to the American Immigration
Lawyers Association (AILA) on April 23, 2002 regarding the heavy backlog in
inquiries on applications for Adjustment of Status (I-485) filed with that
Center. NSC has requested that AILA members refrain from using the NSC AILA
liaison for inquiries into I-485 employment-based cases until the cases have
been pending more than 120 days beyond the stated processing timeframes. Cases
in which a child is "aging out" (turning 21) are exempt from this rule.

The AILA liaison is a service available to AILA members for resolution of case
problems within the various Service Centers. Liaison inquiries are appropriate
when there is a problem or an excessive (longer than usual) delay in the
processing of a case, after the attorney has first attempted resolution of the
issue directly with INS. At the time of this writing, even liaison responses are
taking 12 weeks or more. For MURTHYBULLETIN and MurthyDotCom readers with
employment-based I-485s at NSC, the current backlog means that great patience is
required while awaiting case processing.

120 delay requirement: How the delay calculated? My attorney\'s calculation....

NSC\'s current Processing: Feb-2001 (According my attorney!)
My RD 12/19/2000

So, the delay: 01/Feb/2001 -(minus) 12/19/2000 => 42 days.
So, she says my case is not eligible to go AILA Liaision Office
Inquiy.

But, I told her that NSC is processing 5/24/2001 cases. If we do
the math again, my case certainly within the 120 day requiremnt.
So, she accepted to send a Liaision Inquiry this week.
I will post details later. I do not want to try Congressman\'s office.
NSC does not allow both inquiries at the same time.

Does anyone have more experience?

-SDM

Talked to an IIO Today.....

RD - 12/07/00
ND - 12/15/00

Just talked to an IIO today. She mentioned my I-485 application is on hold due to additional security check. When I asked her about additional security check, she mentioned about 9/11 incident and as a result, people in NSC are going through a special training and until this training is over, every thing is on hold. she also mentioned, she doesn\'t have any idea how long this training program will go on. So finally she suggested me to wait....as usual.

FYI, when I called last time on April 2, \'02, I was told that my case was assigned to an officer and then the IIO asked me to call back after 30 days, if I still didn\'t hear anything from them. However, today the IIO said that my case is not assigned,yet. So folks, I don\'t know what to believe at this point. Just wanted to share this info with you all.

thanks, tulu

for the info. As for the info conflict from different IIOs. I\'ve heard all kinds answers about my Nov00 case from them in the previous months.

No Title

Hi
This is exactly my situation, In my case my I-140 was approved at CSC and the I-140 file is still sitting there, since NSC hasnt asked for it. Another possibility for you might be that your I-140 was sent top the National Visa center, you can call them and ask about your case based on the reciept number of the I-140.
Good luck

No Title

Mine is also in the same situvation. Assigned to an Officer on April 2nd 2002 and didn\'t hear anyhing yet. ND 2000 Dec and I-140 CP