Notification received to pickup PR Card

vault

Registered Users (C)
Received notification to pickup the PR card to-day:

According to the application kit I was advised to apply for the PR card during Dec 2002 and March 2003, since I beacme a landed immigrant in 2001. I figured, what the heck!!, they will not process the application till the time they had mentioned, but boy I was wrong!!! But I am glad that I have passed one hurdle. I have one more coming in 1.5 years :p

Here are the Details:

Application Mailed via Express Poste Canada on 10/13/2002 (dropped off at office Depot)

Application Received by CIC on 10/17/2002

Son's- PR will be ready on 11/19 @ 9:12am

Mine - problem with picture (picture does not match with the initial application) :confused: Have to see them on the 20th @ 8:45am, and they might retake my picture

Wife - Still waiting for the letter :( (Hoping to see it on 11/08/02 or 11/09/02)

Also from reading the notifications, looks like CIC folks are very very strict. It is stated in the letter that you will not be able to postpone your appointment, and if you do not pick up your card on the specified date and time, your file will be closed, and have to reapply. :eek:

Will post more detailes after I pickup the cards.

Good luck to one and all who have applied, and planning on applying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!!

Congrats!!
That was pretty quick.Did you notarize all the pages of your passport or just the first page?I did notarize today and he notarized 12 pages (including record of landing papers and my H1B stamps).Will it be a problem if the CIC immigration authorities sees a passport copy bearing H1B stamp.Appreciate your comments.

Re: Congrats!!

Originally posted by Raj009
Congrats!!
That was pretty quick.Did you notarize all the pages of your passport or just the first page?I did notarize today and he notarized 12 pages (including record of landing papers and my H1B stamps).Will it be a problem if the CIC immigration authorities sees a passport copy bearing H1B stamp.Appreciate your comments.

Raj009,

Yes, I know. I was not expecting it to happen this fast. No I did not notarize all pages of my passport. You just need the 1st page of your passport which shows your picture, name, DOB, POB and passport expiration date. Ofcourse, I got my IMM1000 notarized along with my application and pictures.

Originally posted by india_survivor
Congrats vault

could you post details of what u mentioned in questions 13,14 and 15 of the PR card application

India_survivor,

I filled in the truth!!

Vault:

Do you work in USA or in Canada? Also if in USA, when you went to canada, did they stamp your IMM 1000 "not valid for travel".

Please can you share your experience.

Thanks
Rajju

Originally posted by rajju
Vault:

Do you work in USA or in Canada? Also if in USA, when you went to canada, did they stamp your IMM 1000 "not valid for travel".

Please can you share your experience.

Thanks
Rajju

I commute to work from CAN to USA. I became a CAN LANDED IMMIGRANT in 2001. At that time they were not stamping the IMM1000 "not valid for travel" . CIC have started doing this for the past 5 or 6 months if I am not mistaken.

However when I go to pickup my PR card, I might end up getting a stamp on IMM1000 or CIC might take the IMM1000 after haning me the PR Card.

Vault:

Do you commute daily to US to work? when you reenter, do you just show them your landing papers?

Thanks
Riyaz

Originally posted by rajju
Vault:

Do you commute daily to US to work? when you reenter, do you just show them your landing papers?

Thanks
Riyaz

I don't commute daily. But I end up comuting 3times in a week and work from home the other 2. Thanks to the highspeed technology :).

All I get asked is Citizenship, howlong I was out, and if I am bringing any Alcohol or Tobacco products back. So far I have not been asked to show the landing papers

Vault

Your PR card processing was really very quick... seems like CIC folks are working day & nights to issue PR cards :D
Anyway few questions...

- Do u have to pick up the card from local CIC toronto office ?

- U just mentioned above they ask Citizenship, how long out, tobaco etc..... you are talking about Ca imm Right ?? Normally their 1st question used to be 'Where do u live ?' are they not asking this anymore ?? and Citizenship ? do they ask it the way US immgration ask now?

- PR card form Q 13, 14 .. guide say u must account for each month ? wat does it mean ? does one have to mention each month starting from the month of lending to date ? but not time period wise ?

thanx

Dear Vault!!
Congratulations for PR card!!!

“Mine - problem with picture (picture does not match with the initial application) Have to see them on the 20th @ 8:45am, and they might retake my picture”

1. What do you mean by initial application?

2. Did you got all the Photographs from same Photoshop for other family member or you got it from other shop
3. I have read in many postings that many are being called by CIC for photographs rejections as you are visiting CIC please post what is the real reason for the photo rejections, because if they are just rejecting because of photograph quality then it will be better to attach 2 photographs for the PR Card when one submits the photograph and 2 photographs can be signed by Notary, just to be safe side.

Thanks for the update!!

Vault, You had mentioned this "Also from reading the notifications, looks like CIC folks are very very strict. It is stated in the letter that you will not be able to postpone your appointment, and if you do not pick up your card on the specified date and time, your file will be closed, and have to reapply. ".

what do you mean by, file will be closed?? I too got a letter asking me to pickup my PR card but i asked them to reschedule it so that my wife and I could get it on the same day. Do you mean to say that they might cancel our PRs and request us to re-apply once again or just ask us to re-apply for PR cards again?
Please let me know
Thanks,

Inders99,

I spoke to the CIC folks in NS. They said that the photo did not match the specifications provided on the application kit. Yes, we used the same studio for all of us. I asked the reason as to why my photograph was not per specification, and my family members were accepted? The answer was, we scan the photos, and if there is a slight difference even in the size of the photograph, it will be rejected. You will have to go to CIC, and they will take your picture and issue the PR card.

Akilhere,

Thats what it said in the letter. However when I called the CIC folks at the 800 number provided in the application kit, they said that I can postpone the appointment, and if I do it it might take upto 3 months for a new date, and there is no gaurentee that all of us would be given the same date to pickup the PR cards.

Thanks for your quick reply vault. But they would not cancel our PR right? They would just close our PR CARD application for now. I was worried if they would cancel our PR itself.

Thanks again,

Originally posted by akilhere
Thanks for your quick reply vault. But they would not cancel our PR right? They would just close our PR CARD application for now. I was worried if they would cancel our PR itself.

Thanks again,

Did you read the letter you received? I had posted what ever was mentioned in our letters. The lady I spoke with didn't tell that the PR will be cancelled. All the letter states is that if you do not pick up on the given date and time, you application for the PR card will be closed and you will have to reapply for the PR card.

Hi Vault, thanks a lot for the information. It seems they changed the rule since I remember from somewhere saying that they will keep the card for 6 months and if it is not picked up in 6 month they will destroy the card.....

Anyway, one quick question. What documents they asked you to bring when you pick up your/your son's card? thanks.

cc cc,

His passport, landing papers, picture id (cannot get that, since he is a minor), SIN card, Health Card. Also both the parents have to be present with their ID's.

Hi Vault, thank again for the information. I am just wondering what if I don't have health card and picture ID other than my passport. I landed not long ago and only spend several weeks in Canada in total and don't have other IDs from Canada.