Notice Returned Undeliverable

jahanpanah

Registered Users (C)
Anyone with experience on a written notice for 485 from USCIS being returned undeliverable by post office??

After one year of filing of the 485 application, I see the message
changed to say that the last written notice was returned undeliverable by the post office. Interestingly the message says the notice was returned Apr 15, 2003. It took USCIS 1 full year to update the message in their system. Incredible. But I am guessing they attempted to touch my file for something and then noticed this thing pending and decided to update the message. But seems like they are blocked now.

So far I had been wondering why I never received my receipt notice or a finger print notice while other friends of mine that filed around my time received them long ago. I am guessing the returned document was my receipt notice as I had filed in March 2003.

Anyone knows who the notices go to for the primary applicant? Law firm or to my personal address?

The message says please contact us to update the address so the notice can be re-sent. Is this something easy to take care of? Who needs to contact USCIS? Me or my law firm?

My law firm kept telling me not to worry so far. I am sure I would be the one breaking the news to them. Would talk to them tomorrow.

Anyone with experience please respond with your advice.

Thanks

Hi,

I had the same experience and my 485 is also filed in March 2003. I have updated my address calling 800 number. You can get LIN number of 485 from the back of the checks cashed (ask ur employer) or the 800 number people can help you. As soon as I updated my address I got finger printing ....Hope this helps.

Pamid123,

Thanks for the feedback. Was there really a change in address in your case? I have not changed my address at all. I contacted my lawyer. They are checking on this for me.

I also see that you got RFE as well on your case. If my case turns out similar to yours I may get RFE as well :) Going by the postings in this forum RFE would seem like blessing in disguise :)

Hmmmmm.......So, it might turn out to be a good thing afterall.

Hi

There is no change in address but still I do think at that time there is some problem in NSC which printed wrong state in address I was in VA and it is printed as IL. I came to know when I checked with 800 number. RFE is for date of Birth and current empolyment letter....

Good luck

my on-line message changed today, and it reads the same message ..

Our last written notice in this case was returned as undeliverable by the post office on April 8, 2004... blah... blah...

A ref was generated for me on march 25th, sounds like it went to the wrong address... my lawyer address and my address changed 2 years back and we informed the change of address..

we both received FP notice to our recent addresses 2 months back, so i wonder why the latest notice went to a different address...
how f...ed up this process is!!

my lawyer is following up.

RD - 2/2