notice of intent to deny

Cameron09

I got my citizenship interview, May 20, 2019 i passed the test but got N-14. It maybe because i told IO that i have owed tax from the Government but already paid it in full last month. Then i received a notice from my online uscis account that they sent me a notice of intent to deny. Its been 5 days but i did not receive my letter yet, same in my uscis online account, documents tab. Can anyone share if they have same experience?

I got my citizenship interview, May 20, 2019 i passed the test but got N-14. It maybe because i told IO that i have owed tax from the Government but already paid it in full last month. Then i received a notice from my online uscis account that they sent me a notice of intent to deny. Its been 5 days but i did not receive my letter yet, same in my uscis online account, documents tab. Can anyone share if they have same experience?
Did you provide proof to the IO that you paid your owed taxes

Did you provide proof to the IO that you paid your owed taxes

No i did not, she did not asked for it and i did not brought it with me also. I have explained everything to her and she told me that she will gonna sent me a letter.

No i did not, she did not asked for it and i did not brought it with me also. I have explained everything to her and she told me that she will gonna sent me a letter.
Well it's safe to say thats the reason why.
You might get denied.
It was up to you to Show proof that you paid your taxes. I'm assuming you initially indicated on your application that you owed taxes. You paid your taxes before the interview though.

Wait until you get the denial letter. If it was based on you owing taxes you might be able to appeal the decision.

Well it's safe to say thats the reason why.
You might get denied.
It was up to you to Show proof that you paid your taxes. I'm assuming you initially indicated on your application that you owed taxes. You paid your taxes before the interview though.

Wait until you get the denial letter. If it was based on you owing taxes you might be able to appeal the decision.

Thank you so much for the reply, i really appreciate it. Thats another problem because i did answer on my application that i dont owed taxes and i wanted to be honest on my interview, and explained my circumstances.

Thank you so much for the reply, i really appreciate it. Thats another problem because i did answer on my application that i dont owed taxes and i wanted to be honest on my interview, and explained my circumstances.
OK
Its safe to say that you're being denied because you lack GMC

You lied on your Application about owing taxes at the time of filing the application.

Paid the taxes before your interview, then went on to tell the IO you paid your owed taxes a month before the interview.

Lying to USCIS is never advisable, no wonder the IO never asked to see proof that you paid said taxes.

Wait until you get the Denial letter and see what's the reason for the denial. Only then you will know what your options moving forward are!!

Wait ... you initially stated on your N400 that you do not owe the IRS even though you did, you swore and signed that form declaring everything on it was truthful and sent in your application? Then you decided to fess up at the interview but didn’t take along any proof/evidence you’ve paid off what you owe and expected your IO to take your word for it?

Seem like a justifiable denial IMO, and I don’t it can be overcome by an appeal.

OK
Its safe to say that you're being denied because you lack GMC

You lied on your Application about owing taxes at the time of filing the application.

Paid the taxes before your interview, then went on to tell the IO you paid your owed taxes a month before the interview.

Lying to USCIS is never advisable, no wonder the IO never asked to see proof that you paid said taxes.

Wait until you get the Denial letter and see what's the reason for the denial. Only then you will know what your options moving forward are!!

I fell bad, but thank you so much for the reply.