Norfolk

bashar82

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone with Norfolk DO heard anything about their case recenlty? Some district offices, including Arlington, are several weeks/months ahead of their posted processing dates. I was wondering if this was the case with Norfolk too.

I have a PD of 10/20/2004. Got finger printing done in the first week of March 2005. Just got a letter over the weekend indicating that they (fingerprints) were rejected. Have to be back in April for another round of fingerprints.

When I got my notice of action it was indicated that it will take 365 days to get this process completed. I have had both my brothers become US citizens through Norfolk sub-office. It took them approx 1 year for their interview to take place and then 3 months after that to get their oath. In Richmond - VA only 70 people get sworn in on a monthly basis.

I would really like if this process changed and we got an oppurtunity to go for our oath the day we take our interview. Baltimore DO does that and one can get naturalized in 4 months there from start to finish.

Will processing be ever expedited at Norfolk?????

Well I hope it moves along faster as I have some decisions to make pretty soon. Arlington is several weeks ahead of their posted date so I'm hoping that Norfolk is too as they've been ahead of Arlington for as long as I've been checking.