• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

non willful misrepresentation (info from childhood)

Hello,

Should I be worried about answering no to "Have you ever been issued a U.S. Visa"? It appears that I have been issued a visa when I was 6 or 7 years old. Worse with a slightly different name (middle and last-named were swapped).

How big of trouble I am in even though I was not aware nor would it have made a difference to my application?

My mother is now telling me I was fingerprinted not sure if she is trolling me but if true it would not be hard to match the fingerprints even thou it was from 17 years ago.

1. The question must be truthfully answered, regardless. Answering “NO” because you’re worried or afraid the information on the previous visa application doesn’t match your current information could be termed as willful misrepresentation and/or a fraudulent attempt at obtaining an immigration benefit by withholding pertinent information.

2. You should provide more information regarding your current situation though in order for us to have a better understanding of what is going on. Are you a DV selectee or applying for some other type of visa?

3. What stage of the visa application process are you at?

4. Don’t duplicate the same post over multiple threads in sub-sections of the forum.

1. The question must be truthfully answered, regardless. Answering “NO” because you’re worried or afraid the information on the previous visa application doesn’t match your current information could be termed as willful misrepresentation and/or a fraudulent attempt at obtaining an immigration benefit by withholding pertinent information.

2. You should provide more information regarding your current situation though in order for us to have a better understanding of what is going on. Are you a DV selectee or applying for some other type of visa?

3. What stage of the visa application process are you at?

4. Don’t duplicate the same post over multiple threads in sub-sections of the forum.

For background info, I am working on the DS-260 application. The old us visa allowed my parent and me to get a US green card. We stayed for a little bit and left shorty. Now I have a European passport which states I was born in Yemen. But on the old US green card it states I was born in Iran. And, my mom old green card states she was born in Yemen (which can help cause I think I could use my mom's birthplace for DV). The issue is of conflicting fact (old green card VS European passport info) which I am afraid will ding my application for misrepresentation. No idea how I can explain that conflict away? Thought I if just said no to the visa question I could avoid the headache my parents created for me as a minor. But realized they have my fingerprint and will get caught anyway.

Really frustrated about the position my parents put in.

For background info, I am working on the DS-260 application. The old us visa allowed my parent and me to get a US green card. We stayed for a little bit and left shorty. Now I have a European passport which states I was born in Yemen. But on the old US green card it states I was born in Iran. And, my mom old green card states she was born in Yemen (which can help cause I think I could use my mom's birthplace for DV). The issue is of conflicting fact (old green card VS European passport info) which I am afraid will ding my application for misrepresentation. No idea how I can explain that conflict away? Thought I if just said no to the visa question I could avoid the headache my parents created for me as a minor. But realized they have my fingerprint and will get caught anyway.

Really frustrated about the position my parents put in.

Okay, so let’s back up for a minute here - where we’re you born, Iran or Yemen? What does your birth certificate states?

Again, you can’t answer “NO” to the previous visa question in order to avoid the headache your parents created - that will be a case of you further perpetuating the misrepresentation which has already happened either with the previous GC petition or your European papers.

Okay, so let’s back up for a minute here - where we’re you born, Iran or Yemen? What does your birth certificate states?

Again, you can’t answer “NO” to the previous visa question in order to avoid the headache your parents created - that will be a case of you further perpetuating the misrepresentation which has already happened either with the previous GC petition or your European papers.

I was born in Yemen. Looks like I am in a jam cause if the embassy shares GC info with the European country I am afraid it will create a problem of misrepresentation for my parents and me. Not sure how close they look back at old green card from decades ago.

They don’t need to share information with the European country in order to discover the misrepresentation in this case. Your previous information, as provided by your parents, is already in the US system database. It will always be referenced.

Why did your parents claim you were born in Iran though back when the previous petitions got submitted?

They don’t need to share information with the European country in order to discover the misrepresentation in this case. Your previous information, as provided by your parents, is already in the US system database. It will always be referenced.

Why did your parents claim you were born in Iran though back when the previous petitions got submitted?

No idea. As it provided no benefit. But will this be an issue to officer at the embassy if I explain it clearly as I just did and given I was a minor 7 years old at best?

There’s only one way to find out if it will be an issue or not is when you face the CO. Just make sure you truthfully fill out your DS260 form. Answer “YES” to the previously issued visa question and be sure to list your names (as listed on the old GC/previous petition) on the other names section of the form.