Non Availbility of Birth Certificate (NABC) for parent 50+ born in Pakistan

jefkorn

Registered Users (C)
Like the title says, how does one go about getting NABC for old age parents who were born say in 1950? Has anyone obtained such document from Pakistan? Please let me know, highly appreciated.

Also just hte year of birth is known for the parents, I assume this could be remedied by affidavits from someone closely related to them like their father, mother, brother or sister?

Triple citizen or anyone else who may know the answer to this quandry? Please chime in here. Thanks

Thanks! Where do I get the certificate of non availability of birth certificate? I heard NADRA issues the birth certificate for everyone?

Thanks! Where do I get the certificate of non availability of birth certificate? I heard NADRA issues the birth certificate for everyone?

You have to contact the local muncipal corporation to obtain this non availability certificate.

Slightly confused..so I can try to get non-availability of birt certificate from local municipality. But at the same time, NADRA (http://nadra.gov.pk/ ) can issue a birth certificate based on their records, in this case for a person born before 1960 where the original record of birth didn't exist.

Won't I be contradicting myself,,on one hand provide cert that birth cert doesn;t exist and then attach birt certificate from NADRA?

Maybe I'm miunderstanding this..for anyone born before 1960, I need to get cert of non availability of birth cert AND affidavits from close relatives of the parent (siblings or father or mother if they are alive). There's no need to get NADRA issued birth certificate for such parent.

Please let me know if I'm on the right track here. Thanks

Slightly confused..so I can try to get non-availability of birt certificate from local municipality. But at the same time, NADRA (http://nadra.gov.pk/ ) can issue a birth certificate based on their records, in this case for a person born before 1960 where the original record of birth didn't exist.

Won't I be contradicting myself,,on one hand provide cert that birth cert doesn;t exist and then attach birt certificate from NADRA?

Maybe I'm miunderstanding this..for anyone born before 1960, I need to get cert of non availability of birth cert AND affidavits from close relatives of the parent (siblings or father or mother if they are alive). There's no need to get NADRA issued birth certificate for such parent.

Please let me know if I'm on the right track here. Thanks

If NADRA can issue a BC then what is the problem? That will be an official document. Non-availability certificate and two affidavits are required in case one don't have or can't obtain a BC.

ok that calrifies it. It used to be the case that for older Pakistanis, their birth was not registered at the time of birth and birth certificate didn;t use to be available for those folks. Now looks like NADRA can rely on the reported birthy via the old National ID Card even though their may not have been original BC presented. I think they relied on B form (aka bay form - old urdu form with whole family registered on one form).