NOID because of Invalid Marriage

darrayola

Hello everyone,

Please i need you candid opinion or advice on this situation please.

I attened an interview and everything went well. 1 week later, i received a Notice of Intention to Deny. The major reason USCIS pointed out was that the divorce process of my previous marriage was still ongoing in my Country before i entered into another marriage in the US. The divorce Degree NISI from my country was dated October 2017, and we had an appointment with a Lawyer who advised that we could go ahead with the wedding. We did the wedding in November 2017. In January 2018, Decree Absolute arrived.
USCIS is capitalizing on the Decree Absolute that was dated January 2018, saying that the divorce process was still ongoing till January 2018 and for that our marriage is Invalid or Void according to US family law.

Please i need you advice on how to go about this. Please note that my EAD expires few month from now. Should we withdraw the application before USCIS denied the application to avoid been issue a deportation document? We are just confused right now. What is the implication of withdrawing the petition?

Please kindly advice.

Thanks

I am sorry to hear that. just make sure did you tell the IO about your previous marriage in your home country and you had divorce certificates?