No updates after finger printing

1. It doesn't specifically say traffic citation. Also how far back? Its asks: "EVER" -- how would you even get documentation of the disposition of traffic tickets from way back (more than 5 yrs) or from a state you no longer live in?

2. I don't think the purpose of that question is to discover what honor societies or professional orgs you belong to, it's more to understand if you have political or other agenda affiliations. So it's a flag if you list anything there -- they'll probably have to check it out -- hence the delay.

I would do it for 5 years (since you got GC)

Contact the state court where you went to and give your info - ask them for a letter - if they have deleted, then they will state that there is no outstanding issues ...

I would put professional org - those would be major and possibly well recognized. Not honor societies from college - potential delays, it appears.

My 2 cents

Last edited by a moderator:
interview scheduled

Almost 2 months after FP, my status changed from initial review to in line for interview this evening and then to interview scheduled shortly after that.

DO: San Francisco

12/12/11 Mailed N-400
12/13/11 Packet delivered at Phoenix, AZ lockbox
12/16/11 NOA Sent
12/20/11 NOA received
12/22/11 FP letter mailed
12/27/11 FP Notice Received
01/04/12 FP Appointment / Done as scheduled.
02/06/12 Yellow letter received
02/28/12 Placed in line for interview scheduling
02/28/12 Interview scheduled

Now that I think about it, putting down the societies may cause delay if it is not clear what the societies are. For example, I am a CFA Charterholder, and CFA is a very well known organization, so I put that down in my application. However, to anyone not in the finance/investment industry, they may not know what CFA stands for.

Now that I think about it, putting down the societies may cause delay if it is not clear what the societies are. For example, I am a CFA Charterholder, and CFA is a very well known organization, so I put that down in my application. However, to anyone not in the finance/investment industry, they may not know what CFA stands for.

I did my FP on Feb 16 and the LUD did not change after FP. Message is FP sent. I was thinking the LUD was going to change after FP. Any idea?

Looks like we're all in name check hell. There's an FBI phone number though that you can call to check if they sent the name check back to USCIS. If I don't get any updates in 30 days, I'm going to call them.

Stuck in the same boat since Jan in SJC ... what is the FBI number?

Almost 2 months after FP, my status changed from initial review to in line for interview this evening and then to interview scheduled shortly after that.

DO: San Francisco

12/12/11 Mailed N-400
12/13/11 Packet delivered at Phoenix, AZ lockbox
12/16/11 NOA Sent
12/20/11 NOA received
12/22/11 FP letter mailed
12/27/11 FP Notice Received
01/04/12 FP Appointment / Done as scheduled.
02/06/12 Yellow letter received
02/28/12 Placed in line for interview scheduling
02/28/12 Interview scheduled

So when is your interview date? Can you please update us?

Hi Tipo

You're right. Also the i think the DO has a lot to do with it. Some people in trackitt.com with my same timeline got their interview date already. But their DO is Dallas. Im stuck with NYC! such a busy office.

Hi Tipo,

You might remember me. We were sailing in the same boat in 2005-2007. How is your job now in NY?

NO IL after FP - This is what I did and success (Hope so!)

Hi Everyone!

My PD for the N-400 is December 1st, 2011 and as many of us, as I can see, we haven't received the Interview letter. Because of this I am writing to let everyone know what I did:

I did a walk-in for FP on Dec 27, 2011 and received a yellow letter for DL on February 2012. I was worried that many people that filled after me was getting their interviw appointments in February and oath ceremonies were scheduled for March/April.

On 03/12/12 I called USCIS Customer Service and as usual they did not have any information or could not even confirm if my address was correct. I started calling all the numbers I found for Field offices and other departments until I got the FBI number (304-625-5590), a very nice officer answered and I ask him to check if my FP cleared already, he asked for my Alien No. and Informed me that my FP were not taken properly and I had to take them again. Well, that was the whole problem and no one in USCIS knew about it.

That same day I went to my field office in Miami, they were SUPER nice, and tried to help me. Unfortunately there was no record on the system and they recommened to make an InfoPass appointment. I did one for 03/15/12.

On 03/13/12 I called again USCIS, sometimes you have to call several times until you get someonbe willing to help. The rep answered (always say Good Morning or Good Afternoon and be very polite) and I asked her to transfer me to 2-Tier, she asked if she could help, I told her that I called the FBI and that my FP have to be re-done, that I went to the field office and the said they need a code for them to take my FP and that an officer in 2-tier would be able to give me that information. She asked all my info to verify and transferred me. I got to an officer and he confirmed that my FP were Unclassified and that a FP letter was going to be mailed in 2 weeks for an appointment on April 3.

Well, I am very impatient, so I went to the Oakland Park field office. I asked in the FP office and they said they need the code for them to take them again. I went to customer service and asked them for the code. Because they didn't know what it was, he went inside and asked an officer. After waiting for 30 mins (good signal), an officer went with me to the FP office, he print out a copy of the FP letter and told me to wait for my FP to be taken!

That was it! I was able to take them again! Now I have to cancel my InfoPass appointment!

I can say that after 15 years, this is the first time that everyone at the Field Offices and even USCIS were willing to help and were SUPER nice! Not a bad experience after all. :D

Now I am waiting for the 24-hr period to call the FBI and ask if they cleared.

Hope this helps someone!

-----------------------------

LPR : 02/28/2007
D/O : Miami, FL
11/30/11 : N-400 Mailed Next Day to USCIS Dallas, TX
12/01/11 : UPS delivered - Signed by Sandra C.
12/01/11: Priority Date
12/02/11 : Check cashed
12/06/11: Text Msg: NOA received
12/04/11: Initial Review
12/15/11 : NOA Received.
12/21/11: Status changed to mailed Fingerprint Notice
12/23/11 : FP Notice Received.
12/27/11: Walk-In Fingerprint Done
01/17/12 : FP Appointment.
02/xx/12: Yellow Letter - Driver's License
03/13/12: Walk-In Fingerprints Re-done
xx/xx/12 : Interview Letter.
xx/xx/12 : Interview Date.
xx/xx/12 : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/12 : Oath Date.
xx/xx/12 : Applied for Passport
xx/xx/12 : Passport in Hand

On March 14, 2012, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. Please check the website for further updates on your case. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

ABOUT DAMN TIME! Jesus christ this is taking a long time.

HEY! finally go an update email : On March 14, 2012, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling.!!!!!!
any updates from you guys?

N-400 (5 YEARS)
12/27/2011 - MAILED TO TX
12/28/2011- Received
1/03/2012- Check cashed
1/04/2012- I-797C Notice of Action Received
1/06/2012 FP Notification Notice Date
1/17/2012 FP DONE WALK-IN
2/13/2012- Yellow Letter- State I.D
3/14/2012- Online status changed to Interview and Testing

Last edited by a moderator:
ohwellwhatever & tipotodo

Exactly same message... on March 14....

We are in the same batch!

I really hope we dont have to wait another month for the letter. Some people get an update when you actually get the IL letter mailed right?
will see, NYC is slow!

Our status changed today to : Placed in line for interview.

How long does it take from here? Any idea?

Our status changed today to : Placed in line for interview.

How long does it take from here? Any idea?

It depends, some people get another status update "interview schedule " it can take from days to 1 or 2 months. In trackitt NYC is taking 4 to 6 weeks.