No more waiting for me. Thank god. Our cases approved.

gcFunWaiting

Registered Users (C)
Both mine and my wife's cases have been approved on Aug 26. Here are my details.

Pd : April 1999. category EB3.

Rd : 08/15/01, Nd : 10/11/01, Fp : 12/27/01, AD : 08/26/01.

Thank god. I am actually planning to apply for the renewal of our EADs which are expiring in November.

Spoke to IIO 5 times since Aug01 to July02. When I called last time in July 02, the old IIO who came online told me that our cases are together and as they are working on this case then, I may hear RFe or final decision depending on the "case" within a week. I started expecting some news before August 1st. But nothing happened. Always a question what is going on..............? I also changed my address, as when I checked with him, the sytem is still with old address. It looked weird to me, as my attorney told me that he already sent the change of address notification to INS several months back. Strange, it did not get updated even after 5 months.

But later it was clear to me that whenever, attorney or company says they have changed one's address, they may send AR11 form or whatever form to a department in Washington DC. There those people will just update their system and keep quiet and give this information to FBI or INS only if they send a query to this dept regd one's latest address or this dept may use it for some statistical purpose for the state to where a person has moved to.

Several months back, I spoke to attorney regd how to intimate the change of address to INS. He told me that he will update INS and in case of approval, he will send me the original approval letter. The same way, he sent us the FP notifications. So during my FP time, I have two FP notifications, one original is from company's attorney and the other is one which I recieved directly from INS. So I thought he will do the same way for the approval letter also.

But despite his advice not to call INS, I called INS in July and updated my address. As my expectations went wrong regd approval before August, I started thinking that because of my address change, is it causing some delay. A question again...? Added to this my passport copies which are with INS expired 3 months back. While filing I-485 I enclosed my old passport copies which is valid then in Aug 01, with expired H1 Visa in it and expired I-94 and also the new H1 & H4 extension copies. I am having a new passport now with my H1 extension stamping in it. But I did not send the copies of it to INS or attoreny again. So INS has no clue about my stamping and new passport. Just giving this information to make it clear if anyone has same situation.

But finally when I checked AVM on Friday morning after a gap of 10 days, by god's grace, our cases seem to have been approved on 26th August. So expecting the courtesy copy to my new address shortly.

Good luck to everyone out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats GcFunWaiting. Wish you all the best and good luck in future. Hv Fun and enjoy ur weekend.

You are finally set free, man! You've been in this board for a long time and we will miss you.

All the best for the rest of your life!

GCfunWaiting: is your new addr in the same state ?

congrats !!!

my question is: did you change your address within the same state, or out of state but still under VSC jurisdication ?

In my case, i changed add from VA to PA, kind of wondering if this might trigger a RFE ?

Happy to hear the good news from you..
Congrats and good luck with your gc
Thanks for sharing your gc experience with us ..

Hope to hear soon from greaty-k ..ric2 ....anita ..

Hi everyone

Thank you for all your good wishes.

ric2,

I will participate and share my experience further with all of you. Hence shall be with you all.

syj,

I filed my I-485 from IN (which comes under Nebraska jurisdiction) in VSC as my company comes under VSC jurisdiction. But after my FP in IN, moved to NC (comes under Texas jurisdiction) .

So my move is not within state.

thanks for sharing

gcFunWaiting, thank you for sharing the detaileds, glad to still have u stick around...

congratulations

Congratulations on the Green Card. I'm so pleased it worked out for you.

Congratulations on your GC approval. Thanks for sharing your experience. I wish you all the best..