No more approvals until October?? Is it true ??

pururwa

Registered Users (C)
My attorney was saying that visa numbers are unavailable as per the August bulletin, so no more approvals will be seen in the month of august and september.

Do you guys think this is true?

How can they exhaust all the visa numbers exactly on July 31.

anybody ??

I do not think his prediction regarding priority dates is true

I do not think his prediction regarding priority dates is true.
He thinks that the dates will retrogress to same dates before backlog reduction.
In the past two months USCIS issued GC to many EB3 applicants with old priority dates. I do not think that many cases left, only those old cases with name check pending.
They should move dates forward, otherwise what was the point ob backlog reduction ?

I don;t think either that the above assumption about the priority date is true.

As USCIS had stated earlier that all the visa numbers are made available for the current year. This means they have allocated the visa numbers to the cases ready to be approved. As I am watching on this and other forum, these cases fall under multiple PDs but I am not sure if they have crossed December 2003.

This retrogression will be more to stop the new filers. Once they get fresh lot of visa numbers in October, they will use those visa numbers to clear the ready to be approved cases from the 485 backlog.

Given the backlog of cases, I would assume we will have to wait for a while before the PDs are made current. I read somewhere USCIS is targetting 6 months time period for clearing the cases but I am not sure what type of cases (perm, regular, concurrent or any other pattern) are targetted.