No more Approvals of July today ?

Any Biographic Kickbacks

Hi Friends,
          Did any of you get a kickback with info. on
Bipographic form. If so can you please give details of
the kickback?

Thank you,
Tension.

My friend told me that the service centers are currently examining I20 due to Atta\'s case.

I don\'t know where did he get the information. Is this true? Could this be the reason why we have few approvals lately?

Man !! this ATTA and PITTA ..screwing our lives .....

Stop giving visa (any) to the people from those country !!!

JJ123. I think your friend saw the breaking news from www.immigration-law.com

But still...I don\'t think it should affect I485 cases...

Updated 03/19/2002: Fall-Outs of Atta INS Blunder

This fiasco will bring a number of changes in the INS practice and policy. In the today\'s INS Commissioner speech, he disclosed its impact on the people who applies for change of status to a student (F-1) status. First, the INS is to revise the regulation to shut out the current policy of allowing someone who came here on a visitor visa and attend schools part-time while they wait for approval of the application for change of status to a student. The justification for this policy was allegedly grounded on the delay of processing of such applications which took months and it was thought to be too harsh for the young applicants to sit and do nothing for months. In order to back up the forthcoming new policy shutting out such schooling opportunity, the INS intends to adjudicate application for change of status to a student (I-539, I-20) within 30 days. Second, the revised regulation will tighten up the chances for a visitor to get approval of application for change of status to a student substantially. Third, after the Atta INS fiasco blew up, all the Service Centers completely have frozen mailing out of I-20 approval notices and carefully examine each I-20 case. Accordingly, those who filed I-539 for change of status to F-1 is expected to experience a substantial delay in receiving the approved I-20!

beautiful!!!! kick out those damn B1 => F1s !! good move to seal this stupid immigration loophole

Many, maybe most of B1s are not intented for B1 itself. They all have another plan in mind. Once they get into
this country, they take advantage of wonderful INS long processing to seek a whatever bullshit school such as
language schools or whatever schools which only local people heard about. Then they try to tranfer to F-1.
People can do a lot of things in a year while INS is extending or changing their status. Kick these people out.
It is not fair also. Most tallent immigrants take great efforts, and years of time to get excellent GRE, TOEFL
results in order to get into this country while those B1s have a much short cut. It is exactly these people,
including millions illegal entries who make the lawmakers of this country more and more conservative and
cautious, even suspicious.

All the mailing and approval temproraily frozen due to F***k**g Atta. Read the news at immigration-l

It will only affect I-20 approval not I-485! - Guys don\'t worry!!

The news says as follows:

After the Atta INS fiasco blew up, all the Service Centers completely have frozen mailing out of I-20 approval notices and carefully examine each I-20 case. Accordingly, those who filed I-539 for change of status to F-1 is expected to experience a substantial delay in receiving the approved I-20!!

I-485 Approval

Hi Guys,

It was finally my turn. My application got approved 03/18/2002.
RD - 07/16/01
ND - 09/13/01
FP - 12/11/01
AD - 03/18/02

Good Luck to you all. I am awaiting the approval notice and passport stamping.