No interview date and place on USCIS interview notice

kusum.suman

Registered Users (C)
Hi
Filed for N-400 In Jan 2009, (California Service Center)
Got reciept from USCIS on Jan 26th.
I did not receive any Fingerprint noticeGot notice of interview on 03/07/09 but it has no DATE OR PLACE mentioned

What should I do in this situation?:confused:

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks

Wow, that's crazy..

You need to call uscis and demand to speak to a level 2 IO, and explain the situation...soemthing doesn't seem right..

Hi
Filed for N-400 In Jan 2009, (California Service Center)
Got reciept from USCIS on Jan 26th.
I did not receive any Fingerprint noticeGot notice of interview on 03/07/09 but it has no DATE OR PLACE mentioned

What should I do in this situation?:confused:

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks

If your interview letter doesn't have date and time, talk to an IO via phone or Infopass for clarification.

It makes no sense to ask for fingerprinting for naturalization process. Before applying for LPR they are finger printed and the finger prints don't change for lifetime. unless USCIS feels it is another opportunity to make some money from the applicant there is no logical reason to continue this practice. Probably they must have changed the policy to sent out interview without any new FP. People must write to congress man/woman and senators as well as to white house about how this wastage can be reduced.

case Review File Notice but no Interview date (Newark)

Hello:

I filed N-400 0n 13 jan 2009

Got FP notice early Feb 2009

FP on 18 Feb 2009 (Newark, NJ) (FP was actually in Elizabeth, NJ)

09 March I received a yellow letter (Case File Review Notice/Interview Document Check list). The letter told me what to bring to my interview (drivers license), but there was no interview date or location. Should I be worried? I have called the USCIS Customer Service Number many times, but there is no way to get through to a real person (1-800-375-5283).

I just want be sure that my interview date letter did not get lost in the mail. The USCIS website does not give me any information except that my N400 was accepted on 13 Jan 2009.

Thanks,
ASWNewark

The yellow CFR letter is generic and only serves as reminder of what suggested documents to bring to interview.
Give it at least 45-60 days after FP before you start inquiring about interview letter. You only applied 2 months ago so be patient.