• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

No interview-But approved

alincosma

Registered Users (C)
Even though I think this is the strangest thing and I don't know what to do , to celebrate or wait untill I get the physical GC, our case was approved on July 6 2006 without even going for an interview. Today we received the official congratilationes from Lee's Summit Missouri, welcoming us to USA and stating that our case was approved and we have been granted permanent residency. We should expect to receive our GC in mail in about 3 weeks. :)
My case moved so slowly, my wife had to redo FP but now, this, makes up for all the trouble that we've had so far.

This is the first time I am hearing about getting DV approval without an interview... Wow :confused: :confused:
But, hey, the approval letter is what's important, right?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is something unusual for DV case :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
alincosma said:
Even though I think this is the strangest thing and I don't know what to do , to celebrate or wait untill I get the physical GC, our case was approved on July 6 2006 without even going for an interview. Today we received the official congratilationes from Lee's Summit Missouri, welcoming us to USA and stating that our case was approved and we have been granted permanent residency. We should expect to receive our GC in mail in about 3 weeks. :)
My case moved so slowly, my wife had to redo FP but now, this, makes up for all the trouble that we've had so far.

Hi man.
It is not possible, but God can do anything.
Congratulation man

Diego

that is certanly true
well we'll wait for GC and hope for the best for us and for the rest of you who still wait to get through this long process. I guess it's never to late to hope.

I checked again today the uscis web page and it says:

On July 10, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

So I guess it wasn't a mistake. I still cannot believe it.

Congratulations to you and your wife! It's great to hear about your success, after all the pain and frustration you suffered. It gives hope to those of us in similiar situations.

Best wishes for the future.

researcher29
Thank you very much.
What exactly is the status on your case, did you have an infopass? Go again, try to reason with them, call them. You have to get that FP appointment ASAP so your background can be checked in time. It's been more than 60 days since your case was updated you have the right for inquires.
Don't lose hope.

alincosma said:

Felicitari!

I am so happy for you. It is good when it ends good.

afraid

Congratulations!

Yes, someone from Detroit had the same experience in 2005 and it's the story I like to hear! (instead of mine...applied AOS Oct 06 and still stuck in the system).

Congratulations!

Barbara

alincosma said:

CONGRATTTSSSSSSS :) god wills it:)

TODAY WE RECEIVED THE GC.
one question though, on my wife's it says at CATEGORY DV6
and on mine is DV7. Maybe a mistake?Anybody?

The question is should I file for another one with the corrected Category?
Can that affect me when I reenter US if I decide to go home to visit my family?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

alincosma said:
The question is should I file for another one with the corrected Category?
Can that affect me when I reenter US if I decide to go home to visit my family?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

DV6 and DV7 has NOTHING to do with winning DV-2006 or DV-2007. It just means that you adjusted your status as a lottery winner and you are a principal applicant and DV7 means that it is a spouse of a principal applicant.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/shared/aboutus/statistics/imm02yrbk/immexcel/table5.xls