No decision yet on my waiver I 751 application?

Indian_Citizen

Registered Users (C)
I aplied for I 751 wavier and had interview in local office little over a month. At interview officer took my green card away and said decision would be mailed me within one month or I can look up online. Meanwhile I made a infopass and got one year I 551 stamp on passport.
Well, now its more than a month after the interview. I guess like most of the waiver cases they are not going decide the case for couple of years.
Right now I have I 551 stamp for year. I don’t care about physical green card, after all I have to carry one less plastic with me.

But I wonder can I travel outside US and come come back without any problems?
Do I need to do anything about my I 751 petition since normal processing time is 6 months like making infopass or calling customer service etc……(I mean anything I should do)? OR I can just leave it like that and every year get a stamp on my passport and just file for N 400 when time comes?

Experts please advice, Triple Citizen, Jackolantern
Thanks

IndianCitizen,

It can take as long as it takes. There is no way to predict when things will be final after an interview. Some waivers get verbal approvals after the interview, some cases it takes weeks or even months. All you can do is wait. You enjoy all the benefits like any other permanent resident.

I would recommend you to wait 90 days to 6 months after the interview and then make an INFO PASS appointment. Any delay beyond that will be a cause to worry. You will then have to take help for a Senator/Congressman to took into your delay.

IndianCitizen,

It can take as long as it takes. There is no way to predict when things will be final after an interview. Some waivers get verbal approvals after the interview, some cases it takes weeks or even months. All you can do is wait. You enjoy all the benefits like any other permanent resident.

I would recommend you to wait 90 days to 6 months after the interview and then make an INFO PASS appointment. Any delay beyond that will be a cause to worry. You will then have to take help for a Senator/Congressman to took into your delay.

Thanks Khayyam, Honestly I don’t care, after all it’s a piece of plastic. I can wait 3 more years then then I will file my N 400. As long as I get stamp on my passport I am fine.
Honestly, I don’t want to go to congressman, instead I prefer to wait untill time comes to apply citizenship. And as long as my petition is not denied I am not going to loose anything and I am happy.
I wonder I have go to senator OR I can just wait for 3 more years without doing anything? That’s my concern.

Traveling should not be a problem.
Give it three months and then make another infopass appointment. Right now you sound a tad too pessimistic. It has been just a month since your interview. That in no way hints that it will take years for final adjudication. Keep your chin up!!!

But I wonder can I travel outside US and come come back without any problems?
Do I need to do anything about my I 751 petition since normal processing time is 6 months like making infopass or calling customer service etc……(I mean anything I should do)? OR I can just leave it like that and every year get a stamp on my passport and just file for N 400 when time comes?

Right now you sound a tad too pessimistic. It has been just a month since your interview. That in no way hints that it will take years for final adjudication. Keep your chin up!!!

Whatelse someone can do with USCIS other than waiting.

Really. I thought if they dont decide for 1 month, then they open that petition only when adjudicating N 400. And there are lot of I 751 wavier petition went undecided untill they filed N 400. Right?

Whatelse someone can do with USCIS other than waiting.

Really. I thought if they dont decide for 1 month, then they open that petition only when adjudicating N 400. And there are lot of I 751 wavier petition went undecided untill they filed N 400. Right?

Again there is no way of predicting the outcome. Decision come weeks, months and even years after the interview. I have seen 3 year waivers, the decision came 1 month before citizenship.

Thanks Khayyam, Honestly I don’t care, after all it’s a piece of plastic. I can wait 3 more years then then I will file my N 400. As long as I get stamp on my passport I am fine.
Honestly, I don’t want to go to congressman, instead I prefer to wait untill time comes to apply citizenship. And as long as my petition is not denied I am not going to loose anything and I am happy.
I wonder I have go to senator OR I can just wait for 3 more years without doing anything? That’s my concern.

A senator cannot give you an approval or a denial, it is the IO who has your file to give you a final approval which can surpass the published USCIS standard time-lines. Its happens often and there is nothing you can do about it. In some District offices senator inquiries are not welcome.

When did your green card expire?

A senator cannot give you an approval or a denial, it is the IO who has your file to give you a final approval which can surpass the published USCIS standard time-lines. Its happens often and there is nothing you can do about it. In some District offices senator inquiries are not welcome.

When did your green card expire?

Thank you
IO took my green card away. Now I have I 551 stamp that expires next year Feb 2011.

Thank you
IO took my green card away. Now I have I 551 stamp that expires next year Feb 2011.

You still don't answer to the point, even an IO will scratch his head. When did you green card expire? Did your letter extension expire too that the 551 stamp was given? So I understand that your green card expired feb 2009, ur extension expired feb 2010, and 551 expires feb 2011? is that right...?

You still don't answer to the point, even an IO will scratch his head. When did you green card expire? Did your letter extension expire too that the 551 stamp was given? So I understand that your green card expired feb 2009, ur extension expired feb 2010, and 551 expires feb 2011? is that right...?

Thats not right. It is expired in nov 09. Letter Sep 10. IO took my card away. And i got stamp through infopass upto Feb 11.
Sorry. By your question i thought you are tryng to figure out how long i have status(stamp) coz expired green card is irrelavant now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indian Citizen:
Your posts are incomplete and cloudy, help me clear the clouds of confusion and complete your time line below.
Fill in the blanks
1. When did you separate from your spouse:
2. When did you you get your divorce:
3. When did you file the waiver:
4. Green card approved Nov2007 and Expired: Nov2009
5. Your waiver interview: feb2010, IO took your green card..normal process, expired green cards are property of USCIS.

You have put a lot of questions in my mind.

Indian Citizen:
Your posts are incomplete and cloudy, help me clear the clouds of confusion and complete your time line below.
Fill in the blanks
1. When did you separate from your spouse:
2. When did you you get your divorce:
3. When did you file the waiver:
4. Green card approved Nov2007 and Expired: Nov2009
5. Your waiver interview: feb2010, IO took your green card..normal process, expired green cards are property of USCIS.

You have put a lot of questions in my mind.

What do you mean? What is cloudy? What are your confusions? I didnt get you?
Looks like you are going through similar situation. Arent you? Are you want to know something specific? Please ask me directly rather than beating around the bushes………………

1. Honestly, I don’t know
2. July 2009
3. Sept 09
4. Yes. You right
5. Yes. That’s what I think too. He said its useless to have expired card. And he said within a week I get decision.

I don’t understand why IO was so strange. He was not bothered about my relationship. He did not ask me even a single question about my marriage or divorce. (I sent lot of documents with petition)All his concentration about why did not I applied for H1B and why did I went for AOS? I don’t understand why I would go for H1B when I can get green card. Instead of relationship documents he took copies of my degree certificates and licence certificates. (Isnt it weird?) That’s cool. I don’t care about that. But I applied for wavier based on good faith marriage? Not on EB 2…………………….

You need help, you have to be direct, not us. Going to a dentist and keeping your mouth closed after having a decaying tooth.

Was it a no fault divorce, or a contested divorce, anything that harms you in the divorce decree?

Any idea of the date when you'll initiated the divorce?

Did you'll leave in good terms?

What was ur visa status before the AOS?

indian citizen:

what was your status before you filed your marriage based AOS? Was your status valid at that time?

indian citizen:

what was your status before you filed your marriage based AOS? Was your status valid at that time?

Well my visa was B1/B2. But I got entry on B2.

No I did NOT illegally stayed or worked here not even for 1 day. Not violated any visa rules or any other violations.

Actually, I got my I 94 with 1 year expiry date at POE when I came. I never applied extension on I 94.
I applied for AOS before my original I 94 expired. So not stayed illegally here at any time.

Well I did not worked here when I was on B2 status and un till I got my green card.