No decision can be made: Please help

starks

I had my naturalization interview 1 month ago. I was approved initially and was given N-652, accordingly. Then the IO started flipping the pages of the folder in front of him and starts asking me questions about an incident I did not even remember at the time. He said that he overlooked something in my file and took the N-652 back from me. Then he gave me a new N-652 with the "decision cannot be made" marked on it.

The incident IO was asking about took place 4 years ago when I decided to help a person from my country of origin. I hosted her temporarily (for about 10 days only) until she finds herself a place to stay. But then she started acting very strange. I had 2 small kids at the time and got worried about their safety and asked her to leave.. Then she created a scene. When she left my place she called the police on me. Police asked me questions about what happened and they left with her and that was the last time I saw her.

As far as I understood from the questions I got from the IO... this girl made false claims about me saying that I employed her as a nanny, helped her get a visa (she was on tourist visa) and all those nasty things. I have never been cited, appeared in court, fingerprinted for this matter.

The IO made me sworn and started asking questions like: 1) did you help anyone get a visa; 2) did you employ anyone illegally and so on.

I answered all questions truthfully. He told me that he needs to see the police report. My understanding was that he was going to ask for it directly. Now I am thinking that I am to provide that report, however I have never got N-14 (Request of Evidence) form on that day or later in the mail.

I filed "Public Information" request with the city police department and got a letter from them indicating that they could not find any record on my name. My questions are:

1) should I send this letter I got from the police department to the IO?
2) if the police department could not find any records on me, how did incident come up during interview?
3) Police department search their database only through name or incident number. I do not have the incident number. And my name might have misspelled in their records. What else can I do?
4) should I hire a lawyer?

Please help me... I am very distressed and concerned.

Thank you!

Get the police to put in writing that they don't have any file or information and send that in to them.

See what happens from that before you decide to hire a lawyer, you will probably get lucky and shouldn't have a problem.

If I was your IO (and I'm not) I would certainly not believe your story you just wrote here.

You stated you had an incident you didn't remember at the time. Really!? Come on, the police were called and you had this incident and you state you didn't remember this and you didn't remember this when you filled out your application, sorry but that's BS.

Secondly, you state that you were helping "a person from your country of origin". Really, you just do this, help a person from your country, not a relative. And that person accuses you of bringing her here to be your nanny and you have 2 children. She just made this story up out of the blue? I believe you DID bring her here as a nanny and for whatever reason, even though she was happy to be here even illegally by you, the employment situation/arrangement was SO BAD and intolerable, that she risked her own deportation by getting the police involved - think about it.

So the way I see it you fraudulently brought someone here on a tourist visa to be employed by you and you knowingly lied on your application.

But the good news for you is that I'm not your IO, so what I believe doesn't matter and you will probably get approved if you can get the police department to give you a letter.

OMG. You are very rude and insulting!! People have no reason to post here to lie and get insulted. May be lying is something you regularly do and you think that others do the same!

May be you are not as human as some others who are willing to help out new comers by the time they settle or figure out what they want to do. I was helped the same way when I came here to study 25 years ago!! That does not make me illegal, that does not make people who helped me inhuman!!!

If you are not capable of expressing your views in a civilized way just stay out of it and do NOT post any reply. You need serious manners!

Save your self righteous ranting.

As Shakespeare said "methinks thou dost protest too much" meaning the very fact you object so loudly infers your guilt.

So let me get this straight, you can't remember when the police come to your door with such accusations against you??? Ya right.

And this person just makes up a story to tell the police that you had her here as a nanny??? Who would even risk doing that? No, sorry, something was so bad she got the police involved and told them what happened. Fortunately for you, she called the police and not immigration.

like I said, I'm not your IO, so it doesn't really matter what I say, but clearly I hit a nerve.

Anyway good luck, try being more truthful, as you found out when you try to hide something, they have a way of knowing things and then it leaves you in a bad position.

Old post. But what the heck. Lol

If you cant remember the incident. And the police has no record of it, how did immigration find out about it then? Not calling you a liar. But piece of the story is missing and not adding up

Ive know people to come up here on visas who were promised jobs for the time they would be here. And get mistreated. Employers refuse to pay them. Working conditions bad. Pay is bad

Because after all they arent suppose to be here working right? So who would call the cops. Lol. Only a crazy person would ! knowing that thier working illegally

Well it seems as though you ran into one of those crazy people. Lol