No Advantage in CP Filing?

UnFort_User

Registered Users (C)
CP Processing in NSC takes 8 months more time than AOS.

After approval another 6 months for sending packages etc...

So totally 14-16 months duration for CP with travel.

However, AOS is less than 24 months without travel.

So INS pushing us towards AOS i Guess.

Guys please look into this aspect before going for CP.

:mad:

I know 3 of my friends on AOS from nebraska waiting from Sept, Oct 2001. This is now more than 24 months and counting... Nothing is happening with AOS

abaliga, looking at your case from the tracker, are u still waiting for your I-140 ? the person above you in the tracker - sjitesh, had EB3 and CP ..and he got his approval on 16th Jan..so i was wondering if u had recd it as yet..and if not, why would an EB3 case get approved faster than EB2

Sometimes one or the other is processed faster. Right now you would think "Oh I should have applied under EB3" Then when your turn comes, it is the other way around, there is no real logic behind all this processing. Technically EB2 was faster in the past.(For eg, Oct 2002, EB2 1-140(cp) took 5 weeks for a friend of mine)

its like the treasures lost in the changing sands of time. sometimes you find your treasure, but once lost, its lost forever. :)

yeah this I-140 delay has affected a lot many careers of my friends too..had you thought about doing AC I-140 for CP? it apparently saves time only if you have asked for AOS even though u want to do CP! i was looking at some threads on that wherein they asked for AOS and then changed to AC I-140..with this route, u get I-140 cleared faster(concurrent) and then u can apply for CP claiming long waits in I-485