No Ack to N400 application

am_ver

Registered Users (C)
I mailed out my N-400 application to CSC on 02/27 (regular USPS mail). The checks were cashed on 03/08; however, I have not received any acknowledgement (Priority date etc) till now. It has been about 17 days since the application was mailed and about 9 days since the checks were cashed. Is this normal - anything I can do?

I didn't include a copy of my GC with the application (wasn't aware) - any suggestions on what I should do?

Hi,
You may call the USCIS customer service number and expalin your situationand see whether they can help you get a case identification number.If they are not very helpful get an infopass and visit your DO to explain your situation to the IO at DO. Hope this is helpful.

So far so good, I don't see anything unusual with your timeline.

I don't think the lack of GC photocopy is a big deal. I guess you can take a photocopy to your interview just in case.

Sit back and relax, you are in for a 4 to 6 months process at best, and for long periods you won't know what's going on :(

Gopal, I think am_ver has a bad case of the "mailer anxiety" by which one worries to much about sending the application, don't let it ruin or waste your time. I don't think you need to call USCIS or schedule an infopass at this time, it would be a complete waste of time in my opinion. The case number is most likely handwritten on the front of your check, but don't get anxious if you don't see the case online, as it takes them a few days, weeks to enter your case to the online tracking system.

My 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mailed mine on the 24th and I got the NOA only yesterday, so you should get your's soon, my priority date shows as 2/27.

If you look at your cancelled checks you will see your case number handwritten on it, add a * after the ESC... ESC*xxxxxxxxx and check your status online.

I also did not include copies of GC or photos.

Thanks for all the info/responses. Seems like everything could still be fine with my application - anyone have the link for where I can check the status of my case online (tried searching the uscis.gov site, but no luck). The checks have quite a few numbers on the endorsed line - not all of them are legible, but guess I will have to try out what I have!