Nexus / Global Entry and TN

mforti

Curious if anyone with a TN has a Nexus / Global Entry pass, and if there are any additional complications if you are using the pass to enter the US to work on TN.

Presumably if it is allowed, it is a bit of an honor system.

I had the NEXUS with my TN and i used to cross over every week.

I think you need to go to a NEXUS office and update it with your TN status.

SS0033 is correct. Simply show the officers in the NEXUS office your stamp/I-797 and they'll add the TN to your NEXUS. When you use GE machines the next time you cross into US (by air), you will receive a second slip with the TN details.

I have NEXUS but I’m yet to validate it with my TN , if I try to use a kiosk it thinks I’m traveling as a tourist. Have been to Pearson airport but the problem remains.

I have NEXUS but I’m yet to validate it with my TN , if I try to use a kiosk it thinks I’m traveling as a tourist. Have been to Pearson airport but the problem remains.
As the other posters in this thread have mentioned, you have to visit a NEXUS office in order to have them add the TN eligibility to your account. Until you do so, you will only be given B-1/B-2 options at the kiosk.

If you can't make it to a NEXUS office, then Global Entry offices can also do it.

Just wondering would the officer stamp your Canadian passport every time when you cross the board with TN? or they only stamp it at the time when you apply TN?

For normal entry into the US by land or air, I always had a TN stamp placed in my Passport with the expiry date.

Prior to me having TN, when I entered the US under B1 or B2, they always scanned my passport, but not always stamped to my passport with B1 or B2 by land.

For NEXUS or Global Entry, obviously they don't stamp your passport as you don't talk to CBP.

For normal entry into the US by land or air, I always had a TN stamp placed in my Passport with the expiry date.

Prior to me having TN, when I entered the US under B1 or B2, they always scanned my passport, but not always stamped to my passport with B1 or B2 by land.

For NEXUS or Global Entry, obviously they don't stamp your passport as you don't talk to CBP.

Thank you Amberleaf, so you get a new stamp every time when you enter US with TN? For example, if I apply TN today and enter the US, I will get a stamp today, hen I returned to Canada the same day, When I re-enter US next week, would I get another stamp?

Thanks

Once you got your first TN Stamp, when you re-enter USA( for example after you visited your family in Canada for a week), would you need show them the those documents again as you shown them when you first apply for TN? what is the chance to get refuse for re-enter?

No no. They may (or may not) stamp your passport on entry (at land crossings they rarely do- they simply record the entry), but it would merely indicate your entry status (TN). It would not be re-adjudicated each time you enter. TN is multiple-entry status. I used to carry my work badge, to show I was stillemployed, but never got asked. More than this would be overkill - they have your files on line.

No no. They may (or may not) stamp your passport on entry (at land crossings they rarely do- they simply record the entry), but it would merely indicate your entry status (TN). It would not be re-adjudicated each time you enter. TN is multiple-entry status. I used to carry my work badge, to show I was stillemployed, but never got asked. More than this would be overkill - they have your files on line.

Good to know, Thank you Nelsona.