News Flash!! INS is probably holding up all green card cases!!

dentyne

Registered Users (C)
I just spoke with my lawyer over the phone about my FP issue, he told me he was in the INS L.A. office on Thursday, and his friend who works there told him they were told to hold up all 2001 green card cases!! His friend was interviewing someone so he didn\'t elaborate much on the news. My lawyer said he will be there again on Monday and will try to find out more about this. I\'ll keep you guys posted!

No Title

Dentyne..Please dont create panic here. Are we not seeing 2001 approvals at all, probably you dont know but check the Ciba\'s list and u will know what I am talking about....

No Title

Helper is right, we need more data before starting to freak out.

Note that all the 485 cases have been on hold for lots of months in the recent past (1-2 years) ago. This has been an announced decision of the INS HQ, as far as I can remember. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

No Title

My lawyer told me CSC just hold issuing new FP notice, not pending I485 cases. New FP will be issued probably 4 to 8 months later.

No Title

Also, you must realise on one end we are hearing about 6 months processing time and on the other hand these type of rumors. We all should call INS and keep asking them for FP\'s......

No Title

maybe dentyne\'s lawyer meant that they will hold Y-2001 485 cases until they clear out the older cases - which is in line with what we already heard and also according to JIT they are processing \'98 cases. My colleague talked to an IIO last week and she told him that they are processing 97 and 98 cases right now.
any comments?

No Title

what i think dentynes lawyer meant was holding FPs notices after their last cutoff date ( mid march )..i am pretty sure INS holding 485 cases for no reason makes no sense....we are seeing some action for people with ND in mid feb even this week..so i am sure 485 cases are still being worked on...

No Title

Sorry, I didn\'t mean to create any panic here. I was just very surprised when I heard the news and wanted to share with you guys and also get some feedbacks. Like I said, my lawyer told me he will try to find out more about this and he asked me to call him back in the middle of next week to confirm the news. He did comment on my FP status issue, he said it is abnormal that a FP hasn\'t been downloaded after FBI sent it to CSC for three months. I hope I can speak to an IIO who knows how to use system#1 next week. Good luck to everyone.

No Title

Hi Dentyne,
I am assuming that your lawyer is based in L.A. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Do you think that he can really make a difference and move things forward faster with regards to get your interview scheduled earlier?

Most lawyers are clueless and just sitting and waiting for the interview appointment notice to come in the mail.

I am really interested to find out if there is a different type of lawyer out there ( with real contacts inside the INS office ) and available for hire!

Thanks
INS

No Title

INS, yes, my lawyer is based in L.A. but he is not trying to schedule my interview, in fact, I\'m not going to an interview (at least not at this moment), my case hasn\'t even been assigned yet! He was in the LA office last week for his other clients and he got the news from one of his friend who works there.