Newark Infopass / Stamping

Appu123

Registered Users (C)
I am trying to get appointment for I-485 stamping through Info pass. But always there is one problem or other with those site/pages. Yesterday (08/12/2004) I am able to get the appointments for me and my wife. There is no option to select for Passport stamping so I have chosen "You wish to speak to an immigration officer." Hope this is ok..

By the way my appointment date 08/27/2004 at 10:30 am.

Does Newark still allow Walk-ins?

Newark Infopass

After some intial problem with infopass, I was able to set the appointment on August 27, 04 at 11:00AM. Same question - Do they still allow walk at specific time as mentioned on the approval notice. I heard that USCIS prefer passport type photo instead of ADIT type photo. Can anybody confirm please.

Thansks,

Ravi

You need no appointment for stamping. You can go on any Wednesday between 8 am to 12 pm. I would suggest go little bit early.

I have the same questions as Ravi Jain and AprilGC. I have not taken any infopass appointment. I read somewhere on this forum (voronv) had a very terrible experience at Newark, was told that Newark does not accept walk-ins. Any recent Newark stamping experiences please..
Also about photographs, cinta posted a link which states that till Sept 1, they will accept both right face and front face photographs, after that only front face photographs...

Any responses

Thanks

One of the option available in the infopass system is to speak to an IIO. I guess very old cases could benefit from this by scheduling an appointment. This way we dont have to call the 800# and make them read what is put up on their web site. I just scheduled an appt, based on my zipcode, I got an appt at Cherry Hill office. I am hoping to get more details here, better compared to calling the 800#. Just trying, what else to do??

No Newark walk-in visits w/o appointment anymore

Ravi Jain said:
Same question - Do they still allow walk at specific time as mentioned on the approval notice.

Find my message regarding the issue I posted last Wednesday after visiting Newark CIS.

My advice: make an appointment. They made an exemption for a bunch of a people like me on Wednesday, after arguing with the staff and speaking to supervisor. But it MAY NOT HAPPEN AGAIN because they are eager to inforce this InfoPass whatever it costs.

Any more last wednesday experiences at Newark??

How do you get an infopass appointment. I went to the website and searched based on the zip code. I always get the message, ' at this time no information appointments available'.

I am thinking of walking in this wednesday.

Any more last wednesday experiences at Newark??

Thanks

Yep. The site implementation is not that good. Today I called NSC; Representative told me "you need to take appointment for Newark". She told me use option like "temporary stamping for I-485 case approval. But I couldn't find that type of option.

I have chosen the last option "You wish to speak to an immigration officer." That will give August 27th appointment.

But of if I select some thing like “renewal of green card” I am getting August19th appointment.

appointments

AprilGC,

I am still getting the following message when I try infopass
'At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later. '

Was this the message you were getting when you tried. I tried all options and I see this message only.

Thanks

I am sorry, I checked all options i am getting same error message. Some the system is not working properly. I will updated this thread if i come across new info. I will call newark office and try to get some info.

Guys I also went on last wednesday. But disappointed to hear that they will allow only scheduled people. Then waited outside for 10-15 mins. Then sneaked into one of the visitors line and got thr' security checks at the entrance and took elevator to 3rd floor. That's where you get stamping for approvals. So somehow you need to reach 3rd floor. After we entered I saw lots of people coming thr' for the same purpose.

But I suggest people to take an appointment as they are becoming stricter.

Use zip 07102 for Newark, NJ

notsolucky said:
AprilGC,

I am still getting the following message when I try infopass
'At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later. '

Was this the message you were getting when you tried. I tried all options and I see this message only.

Thanks

same thing

I used 07102 and lot of other zips and a lot of combinations. I get the same response. ' At this time, no information appointments available'.

This is very frustrating. looks like notsolucky is turning back to 'not so lucky' again!!!

I will go next wednesday and try my luck.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks a lot!!!

I yet to get my approval letter. My case got approved on 08/11. 2 weeks back i moved from my I moved from my Apt . Dows postman foraward the mails to my new address?

Infopass

I was having same problem as AprilGC while using Internet Explorer Version 6.0.28 from my office(May be caused by firewall ??). When I used Netscape 7.1 from my home I was able to make the appointment without any problem.

Regards,

Ravi Jain

Reply Solicited

Can I take schedule two infopass appointment on different day for different cases of mine? One appointment for I-131 on Monday and another for I-485 on Tuesday in Dallas District office. Kindly reply at your own convenience.