Newark DO: Fingerprint location

dingdongbells

Registered Users (C)
All,

Two questions about fingerprinting in the Newark DO.

1. The form I received directs me to an office on Broad St in Elizabeth. The USCIS site lists the application support center on Commerce St in Newark. This is the place I remember going to for my green card fingerprints.

Why doesn't the Elizabeth site show up under Application Support Centers on the USCIS site?

2. I have been given an appt for 12/17 for 12 noon. I think I remember reading somewhere that I can do a walk-in at any time? Is that true? Do they have Saturday hours when I can walk in?

thanks

1)The USCIS website is not update to date. Go to the ASC on Broad street for your FP.

2) Most ASCs allow walk ins if you can't make the original appointment.

Elizabeth, NJ ASC walkin Fingerprinting

Does Elizabeth, NJ ASC allow walkin Fingerprinting on both Wednesdays and Saturdays?
If so what time is recommended?

Thanks

"No cell phones, cameras, ..."

I also have an appointment at the Elizabeth, NJ office for fingerprinting. Would appreciate answers to a couple of questions, since you seem to have been there recently.
1. My notice says "No cell phones, cameras, and other recording devices permitted.". Does that mean I can't take them to the appointment at all, or that I need to turn them off once I am there? The former would be a pain, because I'm going there on a workday afternoon.
2. How long does the fingerprinting appointment take?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I also have an appointment at the Elizabeth, NJ office for fingerprinting. Would appreciate answers to a couple of questions, since you seem to have been there recently.
1. My notice says "No cell phones, cameras, and other recording devices permitted.". Does that mean I can't take them to the appointment at all, or that I need to turn them off once I am there? The former would be a pain, because I'm going there on a workday afternoon.

Based on my recent experience at Newark (Elizabeth).
Yes, you can take the cell phone to the office. The officer at the gate will make you turn it off in his presence. I had to turn it off.
It can take anywhere between 30 minutes to hour and half. I was there for 45 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello good_samaritan,
could you post your details here!

Thanks

Done fingerprinting

Very straight forward. Just carry with you the fingerprinting appointment notice and the green card. Was in and out of there in 23 minutes. Might take longer if it happens to be a busy day; there were only 6 people ahead of me in the line.

Very straight forward. Just carry with you the fingerprinting appointment notice and the green card. Was in and out of there in 23 minutes. Might take longer if it happens to be a busy day; there were only 6 people ahead of me in the line.
Could you please post your time-line ?

FP was cancelled on 12/26/08

Does anybody have the phone number to the
USCIS Application Support Center on
285-299 Broad Street
Elizabeth, NJ 07201?

I had received a letter asking us to come for FP on 12/26/08 morning, but when we got there the office was closed and there was note saying they USCIS is in the process of rescheduling all the appointments of that day and that we will receive a letter notifying us about the same.

We never got any letter since, it's been over 2 months.

Thanks!

Considering that they never sent you a follow up FP appointment, at the very least you should schedule an Infopass to find out what happened. At the same time you can check to see if you can take FP the same day.