New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

JohnnyCash

Volunteer Moderator
I've merged here some old postings on interview and oath experiences from NY district office so that people could be benefited with those experiences

This is the interview experience of old-timer member Yahoo_2005

Last week I and my wife had our interviews at Garden City office. The interview letter asked me to bring my GC and passport. After reading this forum, I took my last year's tax return with me. My interview time was at 11:30AM and I was asked not to come more than 30 mins earlier than that time.

I reached INS office exactly at 11:00. Easy to reach the place and plenty of parking. After security check, the guy in the first floor stapled our interview letter and we were asked to wait in the second floor. Garden City office is huge with lot of chairs and not an intimidating atmosphere. We saw atleast 80 people waiting before us. Some of them came 3 or 4 hours earlier than their interview time.

We waited and waited and waited and finally my name was called at 2:00. I was lucky to get a very courteous officer. She was extremly polite, never seen an INS officer like that. She asked me to show my GC and passport. Verified the arrival/departure date. She found I put a wrong date in N-400 and corrected it. Asked me 10 questions from the standard 100. When she asked me "Whom did we fight against during revolutionary war?", I started ranting Japan, Germany, Italy. She reminded me "I asked revolutionay war", I immediately corrected my answer.

Then she asked me to write 3 sentences. Asked me whether I have my tax returns. I said I have it for the last year and was about it take it out from my bag. She said no need. After that she read N-400 questions in less than one minute. She apologized before asking questions like have you ever smuggled drugs, were you ever a prostitute etc., (from N-400).

Then she asked me to wait in the first floor and said if another officer approves my interview, I'll get my oath letter. The entire interview was over in exactly 16 mins including name change and address change. I waited in the first floor for 15 mins and someone called our names and gave our oath letters. Oath date is 2 weeks from interview date.

Overall it was an uneventful interview. We read the 100 questions 2 days before the interview since my friend told me there was no need to read anything else for history/civics. I have other problems with my oath and travelling out of the country which I rather not talk about. Thanks hm11 and others for your valuable input.

This is interview experience of another old-timer (choyty)

I was scheduled for interview yesterday 9:55 A.M at Garden City, NY. I wanted to take LIRR from Flatbush/Atlantic Avenue station. As I went there to catch 7:50 train to Hemstead, I found that the station was closed due to heavy smoke at the track. All services were temporarily suspended to and from this station until further notice. As the clock was ticking, my heart bit started to up as well. I was hoping to catch the next train which leaves at 8:36 A.M and reaches to Hempstead at 9:26 A.M. At about 8:20 all services were resumed from the station, and I arrived at Hempstead station around 9:35. I took a cab from there, and I was at the immigration office in less than 10 minutes. After security check when I handed in my letter, the time stamp they put was exactly 9:55 A.M. I was relived for not being late. I was told to go up stair, there I handed in my letter, and then I was told to wait. There were about 30/40 people waiting, some of them were very nervous memorizing the sample 100 Q/A.

I was called for the interview around 12:00. I was interviewed by a Chinese woman who was extremely rude. She was interviewing me, and at the same time she was discussing with her colleague from her desk about a couple who didn’t bring enough paper, and she suspects that they came up to this far submitting fake docs bla…bla… I was interviewed in a big room where there were no cubicles, officers were sitting face to face, and could share their personal view about cases. No privacy was maintained. The first question she asked me was if I was arrested? I said no, then she asked me why I checked yes to the question “ If you were cited, arrested…. ? “ Then I said to her that I was summoned for speeding ticket. She asked me for receipt of the payment. I didn’t have the receipt with me, but I took driver’s abstract with me, and gave that to her. She replied back saying speeding ticket has nothing to do with this question, you made my job harder, now I have to go to my supervisor to approve your case bla.. bla...bla.. I told her that the dictionary meaning of citation was “an official summons to appear (as before a court) “. She then said to me no one would catch this if I didn’t mention this. I replied her back saying I didn’t want to give any false information. She then gave 10 printed questions. I was asked to read them, and answer them verbally. I didn’t have any problem answering them. She then dictated me to write three sentences, and I wrote them too. She then went through my application. I mentioned her that I answered question 33 wrongly, said no instead of yes. She asked me how old I was when I got my GC, I replied over 30. She also verified that with my date of birth, and said I don’t have to worry about this question since I was over 30. To my understanding, she even didn’t understand what the question was asking. Anyway, I reminded her that the question was asking something else. She didn’t pay any attention to me, but proceeded to next questions. She even didn’t give me the chance to give my affidavit that I took with me. She then asked me for my 5 years Tax return, and took them all. After this she asked me if I wanted to get the oath for next Friday, and if I was interested to take the letter with me or by mail. This was the only sweet conversation we had during our 30 min interview. I gladly told her that I would like to take the letter with me. She then ordered me, yes she ordered me ( that’s how she was sounded to me ) to wait down stairs to pick up the oath letter. While I was waiting to pick up my oath letter, it seemed to me that oath letter was given to almost everyone. At about 2:30 I got my oath letter, and headed back to home.

Few suggestions:

Never under estimate these officers. Not all of them are nice and courteous. You may meet someone like me, so don’t be surprised. Have lots of patience even if the officer gives you a dirty look, because you will never have to meet the interviewer again. Take all the relevant documents with you and produce them only when you are asked.

I have benefited a lot from this forum, and thank everyone from the bottom of my heart. Good luck to everyone.

Here is my time line:

PD-------------------------------------6/18/03
FP-------------------------------------8/8/03
2nd FP---------------------------------11/30/04
Intv. Letter received----------------1/21/05
Intv.-----------------------------------3/22/05
Oath is in Garden City-------------3/31/05

-----Choyty------

This is from another old-timer member- Shaky

i went in at 1 pm for 1.30 pm app. there are two waiting areas. i went to first one and gave my letter at window and i was advised to seated and wait to be called.i waited about 25 mins there and my name was called and i thaught wow thats fast, i that it was my interview call but it wasnt. i went upstairs and there was another waiting area . ok i found a seat and started waiting. I started chatting to the lady sitting next to me she was from Pakistan. and her english wasnt that good.

I noticed some ppl who came after me were called in before me( same thing is going to happen to me in getting my oath letter, I assume ) well the lady sitting next to me was called before me , after 10 mins she came back and sat next to me , i asked her what happened, she said my officer says there is some problem. well i asked her in detail IN ** Urdu** ( langauge spoken in pakistan ) then she said '' she went in and officer asked her to raise hand and to tell the truth and she replaied *** I CAN ** AND OFFICER REPLIED SAME QUESTION COUPLE OF TIMES and she answered ** I can ** thinking that **i do ** and **i can ** mean same . so officer got upset and failed her right there before even interview. so she got another date and left.

well about 3:30 pm my name was called . it was aged officer in his 50's i belive. and he didnt look like other officer who joked around and smiled. ok we went in he asked to rais hand and normal stuff, he scaned barcode on my file and asked my name . and then he asked for my green card and I;D. and then he asked if i was still married i said yes.then he went through my file he checked every single paper which was in my file. ( i guess he was looking to what documents to ask for ) then he asked me for my 2001 and 2002 tax returns and i handed him my tax returnsi had made copies of my tax returns which he mentioned that was nice of me, and he smiled for 1st time.

he kept the copies and gave me back originals. then he asked me proof of residence, i showed him my recent phone bills. then he did something on computer and asked me for marriage certificate , which i gave him original and a copy. he kept the copy. and he said, Thanx for making his JOB easier.then he picked up my N 400 application and asked me my age and some questions from N 400 like was i ever arrested and stuff. and then he asked me if i wanted to change my name and i said yes. he said ok what part of name u wanna change and the reason. i told him i wanted to change my first name only and the reason is i like that name . he said OK. then he asked me about selective services and i gave him my registration card . Then he signed application and asked me to sign it with my name NOT the new name . and then he printed a paper with my old name and new name and he had me signed them too,

When i submitted my application i had forgotten to include my photographs, so i mentioned to him , then he said yes there was a note on application and he asked if i have them now i said yes. then he made me sign on my photos. and then came the question part. he asked me i think seven questions i dont remember all of them now . and they were easy ones from the list. i answered all of them correct.

Then he handed me the paper and told me to read the line which was like *** I am sitting in Garden City naturalization office ** i had no problem reading that offcourse . then he asked me to write a sentence on line on that paper ** I live in new york state **, and then he handed me the paper which said i passed the test and he tick marked the box that my application is recommended for approval and i will get notice in mail to attend oath ceremony . I asked him how long is that wait for oath and he said he has no idea.he stoof up and he walked me out of that hallway. i thanked him and walked out of building smiling.

Well i was very happy that I did it. But now looking at the facts that ppl who are interviewed after me are getting oath letters BUT not me, is making me worry and putting alot of thaughts in my mind , like, maybe something is wrong now or maybe i have missed the oath letter and thaughts go on.

Can anyone tell me what would YOU do if u were in my position. Wait for oath letter in mail for 2 or 4 months more OR go to 26 federal plaza in NYC and inquire about my case

Or maybe there is a dely in my case because i had chosen to change my name. Is it the fact that ppl who ask to change their names wait longer for oath for those who do not change their names? any Idea.??????

Plz reply...
Thank you .. and good Luck

My Parents Interview Experince in NYC

Hi

as my signature says, The interview was scheduled at 26 Federal Plaza instead of Garden City (10 min from our house) but anyways

we got there about 30 min before time. As soon as we handed over our interview letters, my mom was called in and 10 min later my Dad was called in. So they were both called in even before their actual official interview time although there were a lot of people waiting in the hall(how amazing is that).

My Mom experience: The interviewer was normal, not rude and not really very nice. He asked her if she speaks English and my mom replied "Yes" then he went over the application and asked the same questions that was on the application basically the questions with yes or no answers. After this, he asked her English/Civil/history questions. Everything from that list of 100 questions.
written test: He asked her to write "a man wanted to find a job"
reading test: He asked her to read " Mrs Rose wants to go and buy something"
after that he handed a letter that says "you have passed tests of English and US history" and congrats your application is recommended for approval" he asked her to wait outside for her oath letter. After about 15 min she was handed a letter of oath for Nov 22nd at Brooklyn federal court house

My Dad exprerience : My dad had a little different expreince. The interviewer was nicer than my Mom's. She asked him basically the same type of questions as my Mom's interviewer on history, English and civic topics. The only thing extra she asked for is "letter of conduct" from Police plaza. She explained that although the name check and fingerprinting was done by FBI, the finger prints were not readable on two tries and they want a letter from local police and want to make sure he had no records. The police plaza is only a couple of blocks from the federal plaza but they need atleast 2 weeks to process this request. So my father couldn't make the Oath ceramony on Nov 22nd. He will pick up his letter of conduct on the same day(nov 22nd) as my Mom's Oath day. I don't know how often they have oath ceramonies in Brooklyn. Does any one know?

The interview being on election day, I was sure that the interviewer will ask something about voting or register to vote and I made sure they know the answer to everything about voting. I was right, they were both asked " If you ever had voted or registered to vote in US". They both answered correctly with a smile

Over all, the I see a good improvement in processing compared to my time in 1998 and my wife's time in 2002. The employees are nicer and people are called in every second. Looks like they are not under-staffed any more.

My recommendation: get a good conduct certificate anyways. It cost $30, money orders only , no cash and no credit card and it takes two weeks to be processed but it might saves some time

any questions/comments

good luck everyone

oath

Hi

we went to the oath ceremony yesterday in Cadman plaza, Brooklyn for my Mom. It takes about about 3 to 4 hours from start to finish. You don't have to be right on time, its just that you will be processed as first come first served. I saw people comming at 9AM instead of 8AM scheduled time. The actual oath ceremony was held at 11AM, before that, they were just calling people one by one and have them sign their certificate of citizenship.

Just for the people who are interested, there is a oath ceremony held there everyday except Monday.

and yeah no cameras allowed in the courthouse.

Federal Plaza Interview— Had Dual A#'s and Got a Request for Info..

Friends;

I had posted my request for Federal Plaza interview info on another thread... I had the interview today.

Interview started on time at 7:00am. Lady was tough and scrutinized every detail. Unfortunately for me two things came up...

(i) She said I had two A#'s - I assume this was becasue I went Consular after I485 was filed and Consulate gave me a new A#. She then said she would have to request the old A# file and that would take time (How long? She didn't know....)

(ii) Then she continued scrutinizing...especially times out of U.S. this was okay. Whew....then she looked at my employment history since I was Work Based green card holder. She noticed that I had only stayed 3 months with employer after greencard. This was because I had gone on to study for a masters... She then said she needs proof of employment dates and that I requested for and was granted education leave.... Luckily for me knowing that this kind of thing was possible down the line, I filed everything by the book with the company and they are sending me official letter and will attach copies of my educational leave paperwork. (** Guys this is a big reason never to burn bridges as I still had good relationship**)

So I am back in the queue. I won't even try to figure out how long it might take. I will just submit the docs once I get it (*Hope and Pray*) and just have a good holiday season....

N.B. Just in case you wonder I never returned to employer after masters program. As I was graduating it was during the recession (2002) and there were layoffs rather than hirings...

Please see timeline below

Happy Holidays.....

Regional USCIS: VSC
Local DO: NY
Priority Date: April 7, 2005
Finger prints: June 22, 2005
Online Status Disappeared: October 5, 2005
Interview Letter Received: October 10, 2005
Interview Date: 7:00am - November 23, 2005 (Federal Plaza NY)
Request for Info Submitted - ?
Oath - ?

Received Oath Notification By Phone

Friends;

I received an early christmas present today. It was a weird and unpredicatble phone call from USCIS. The lady introduced herself and immediately I felt that it was a problem. She calmed me down and proceeded to invite me for oath on December 27th at NY City College of Tech. I am overjoyed and so happy that the journey is almost over. I had had a difficult interview (Read previous posts - (hard interview and double A#s)) but I am well releived. Please see full details below....

Thanks to all and Seasons Greetings.....

Regional USCIS: VSC
Local DO: NY
Priority Date: April 7, 2005
Finger prints: June 22, 2005
Online Status Disappeared: October 5, 2005
Interview Letter Received: October 10, 2005
Interview Date: 7:00am - November 23, 2005 (Federal Plaza NY)
Request for Info Submitted - December 5, 2005
Oath - December 27, 2005 (Notified by Phone on December 23, 2005)

Name: Frank
State: New York
Date filed: 10/19/2004
Date fingerprinted: 1/13/2005
Date interviewed: 9/16/2005
Date oath taken: 9/22/2005

My Interview appointment was scheduled for 9.15 am, 26 Federal Plaza NYC. I arrived at 8.30 am, was directed to the 7th floor. Took a seat at 8.35 am, my name was called at 8.45 am. Interview over & passed by 9.15 am. I raised my hand swore to tell the truth etc.
Personal Questions:
Had I been out of the country, for more than 6 months.
Had I taken or sold drugs?
Had I been involved in prostitution?
Had I been a Member of Communist party or Nazi Party?
I was then asked each of the questions, I had answered on the N400. He asked me some questions about my children & my work. He also asked me if I was still married, even though I did not apply on the basis of marriage. I gave him 5 years Tax transcripts, 2 copies of paid minor traffic tickets (In 16 years, he made a polite comment), Green Card & Driving License. He visually looked at my Old & New Passports. I wrote one short sentence (The interviewer began the sentence & asked me to write & finish it) I read a short paragraph & was verbally asked 11 questions from the 100 practice test (19, 26, 29, 42, 47, 70, 73, 77, 80, 92, 97). The interviewer asked if I would like to wait for my Oath letter, I said yes & was told to take a seat outside.
9.30 am, my name was called & I was handed a "Oath Ceremony Letter" for 9/22/2005 @ York College Jamaica Queens.

The Oath Ceremony, was very unimpressive, "No bells & whistles. No wine, no coffee, no cake". We did not even go on the stage to be handed the Certificate. Several officers stood at the front of each section & called out the names, it was a bit chaotic.

Ps. The Interviewer, said he was “Very Impressed, I had all my docs & copies in a neat pile.” I used colored sheets to separate, the docs. I think, this got me in & out pretty sharply. Good Luck to all.

Reg. Frank R.

four months: part two

I applied after five years residency. I had my interview at 26 Federal Plaza. Officer was polite... just wanted to look at old passports and a tax paper. I was quized about my job and work history and that was about it. I was asked to read and answer 10 civics questions, write two sentences the officer dictated, and then read aloud a couple of sentences. The oath letter was mailed to me I think because my interview was later in the day. Other people got their letter about 30 minutes after their interview. Hope this helps.

NYC Naturalization Experiences

Folks,

Just FYI, the NY interview was very straight forward. The guy called me in, asked me to verify info on the form.

I had a couple of changes re: employment dates and I gave them to him. He didn't care, just noted it down.

When it came to traffic tickets, he asked me for proof of payment. I provided it to him (cancelled checks). He took it and said cool.

He asked me 10 questions out of the 96. Standard stuff. Asked me to write a very simple english sentence. Wrote passed.

Told me I passed the interview. Asked me to wait for an Oath letter.

I don't have my detailed dates, but I applied sometime in Feb/March, FP sometime in June, Interview last Thursday, Oath was on Friday itself.

Can the NY people update their experience? On this board, I am aghast that there are almost NO NY people -- that is ludicrous. I asked tons of NY experience questions and I got just one reply. Generous people from other DOs replied with answers... C'mon NY DO people -- what's up with that???

I am very grateful to all the folks who helped me. It eased the stress and provided such valuable information.

I wish all the folks stuck in the continuing nightmare very, very good luck.

Don't stress - the IOs aren't trying to deny you. So go in with that attitude. :)

Good luck!

Edited -- I found my dates (from my FP notice).
PD: April 28
FP: June 1
Int: Aug 24
Oath: Aug 25

My very fast and interesting NYC experience (new york, NY)

Preamble ;-)

Me the Person (finally) of the United States, in Order to help others join this Union, write this post in excruciating detail!

The NY DO is AMAZINGLY FAST – 3 months and one week from mailing in the application to the Oath. That has to be one of the fastest in the country! (I think Atlanta is faster by a week). And 6 months ago, it was taking over a year in NY! They are certainly catching up fast.

My GC date was in late 2000. I finally sent in my N-400 on 5/18/06.

For those who just want the timeline, please look at the end. I am trying to be comprehensive to thank all the people who took the time to be detailed and who, by doing so, helped me tremendously.

I am just trying to be factual here – I am not being self-congratulatory or otherwise self-aggrandizing. That is not the intention, so please don’t flame me – I am just trying to help.

The reason it took me longer than expected to post this is I that I had to travel immediately after my oath and was working >20 hours/day. My apologies that I didn’t get to it earlier. I still hope that this is useful.

I was completely anal. I had everything categorized, had copies and originals. I took all the documents on this list that is so well compiled by JohnnyCash –
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=197782&page=1

FINAL NOTE: I’ve never needed to ask a question here, but just reading the threads gave me SO much info (I guess I was a lurker :) ). While I really appreciate the activity, you really never need to ask a question – every question that you can think of has probably been thought of before, posted and answered! All you need to do is search the site!

Fingerprinting: 6/15/06

Very straight forward. I showed up 20 minutes early. All I took was the FP Notice that I received and my GC, which they ask you to bring in the FP Notice.

Sat around and after about 15 minutes, they called me, took my fingerprints (some needed to be taken a couple of times) and then I left.

Total time: 30 minutes.

Interview: 8/23/06, Wednesday

Wow – quite an experience. Mostly positive, but with a little zinger for a surprise at the end.

Interview was at NYC Federal Plaza at 11 AM. I arrived at the building at 10:10 AM. It took about 10 minutes to get past security.

Naturalization interviews are on the 7th floor. Once you get there, you deposit your Appointment Letter at a window and wait. I skimmed the 96 questions and at 10:40, my name got called with three other people.

The interviewing officer took us all to the other side of the enormous room and asked us to wait. The other folks had interview times of 10:15, 10:30 and 11:30. He called us in in that order.

The first person went it and it took about 25 minutes, but she came out smiling and said he was just super-detailed, but very nice. The second person took about the same time. Then I got called in at around 11:30.

He seemed very nice, asked me to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth. Then he just started shooting random questions at me. He opened with “Have you ever been a prostitute?” and “Have you ever hired a prostitute?” I thought it was an interesting way to open the interview, but went along.

He asked me if I was ever arrested. I said no and then, here’s where I may have made a tactical error. I said, “but I have been cited/got a ticket”. He asked me what the speeds were and I told him and he gave me a boxing handshake , accompanied with a “you go, girl” for telling him. I produced all the information I had.

I had with me the following

• Tickets/proof of each incident
  • Traffic school certificates (where applicable)
  • a copy of my checkbook that I paid each ticket (I also had the original checkbook, which he returned to me) and
  • a copy of the accompanying bank statement to show it cleared with the relevant check highlighted.
He was blown away and said something like he’s never seen this level of detail before. I took all of this stuff because try as I might, I was not able to procure court dispositions (since I no longer live in that state). I had really wracked my brain to find a valid proof of payment. I noticed people mentioning cancelled checks in this forum, so I felt that was the best option.

We continued with the interview. He asked my why my file was so thick – I had no clue. He said he had to review it. There were all the GC materials (letters of recommendation, my degrees etc.) He went through it, checked where I went to school, read some of the letters, said wow a few times.

Then he’d ask more questions from the back of the form – do you drink (yes, socially). The question is actually “Are you a habitual drunkard?” – what’s the point of asking me if I drink? I have to be honest and say “yes”! So, then he said, “When was the last time you were drunk?” (– I’ve never been drunk), “Have you ever been high?” (- No. Those were his words, by the way!), “Bought drugs?” etc. etc. Don’t get me wrong, the whole tone of the interview was very light hearted even though he was all over the place. Very casual and friendly.

Then he gave me a sheet of paper, asked me to sign the bottom. He asked me to write a very simple English sentence. He then wrote “Passed” on the sheet. He didn’t ask me any questions whatsoever. I felt a tad disappointed after the hours of prep (I had read the constitution and amendments in their entirety – more for curiosity than anything), but wisely decided keep my mouth shut. I was in such a rush that I didn’t even notice which questions he would have asked me ;-)

He asked me if I had ever left the country for longer than six months (-No) and if I had details of my travel dates and then answered the question himself “Of course you do”. It was actually attached to the N-400 form and he reviewed it. He asked for my divorce and marriage certificates and I showed him originals and gave him copies. He asked if I had any changes to the form. I said no.

THEN (*zinger alert, zinger alert*), he said – “I should approve you right now, but I don’t think I can because of these…” and he reached for the tickets/proof stuff.

I was so shocked that I instinctively said “Really?!” and my voice was loaded with complete surprise and shock (at least I think it was since that’s how I felt). He paused, and said, “Let me see if I can get this taken care of now” and he walked out, presumably to talk to his supervisor. I whipped out the page on the N-400 instructions that talked about traffic tickets and not having to provide proof if they were less than $500. It was nerve wracking.

He came back a couple of minutes later and said it was all clear. What a relief!! In retrospect, there are two possibilities for his statement:
  1. He really did think they were a problem. I find this highly unlikely since the tickets were minor, significantly under $500.
  2. He was yanking my chain. This is, to me, the more likely reason. I think he just wanted to test how I’d react or have some fun at my expense or show his colleague the levels of anal-ity that was achievable by an applicant. Either way, not amusing. People are, in general, stressed out and doing something like this is not cool.

Anyway, I got over it very quickly since he walked in stating it was fine. He then explained that the prostitute question was part of the list and I said I knew that. He apologized that the placement of the question was so abrupt.

He then joked about how he’d never seen an applicant like me. I asked him if it was a good thing and he said yes. General chitchat, general banter – asked me to say hi to him if I saw him on the street etc. He asked me if I had any questions for him. I said no and then changed my mind and asked him “Should I have shown you these or waited for you to ask me?” He said it was good that I brought it up since otherwise I’d be lying. I pointed out that I could have just waited for him to ask me for them and that would not have been lying. He said that he would have asked me for them anyway and it was a good thing that I was proactive. He also mentioned that two others check the file before they give you the Oath letter, to ensure everything is buttoned down.

He gave me a form that had my A#, his name and the fact that I had an interview that I passed. The “Congratulations” line was checked. He walked me out. The whole process took about 35 minutes. He told me to wait for the oath letter and that NY was doing oath ceremonies very, very quickly. I waited for an hour. They gave me the letter with the date (two days later!)

In retrospect, I wouldn’t have offered up the traffic tickets since we weren’t reviewing that section of the form yet and he hadn’t asked me for them, but my guess is that he would have asked for proof anyway. I also had my driver’s license record, but didn’t offer it up since he didn’t ask.

He didn’t ask for (doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take it, b/c they can always ask)
  • Tax documents (I had the 1772 form for three years and copies of 5 years of taxes)
  • Utility bills or proof of residence (I had credit card statements and bank statements)
  • Birth Certificate
  • Spouse’s information. I had my spouse’s naturalization certificate even though I was applying on the 5-year rule not the marriage rule. He didn’t ask for this, appropriately.

I guess the general rule of answer what they ask you and **never lie** is what you should follow. Being super-prepared worked for me. I truly thank the people on this board for posting so many threads and making this a living resource.

Oath ceremony: 8/25/06, Friday

Went back to the exact same place as the interview. The Oath time was 11AM. I got there at 10:20 AM. Went to the 7th floor.

It was very organized. I was in a line that moved quickly. Went to a window and showed my Oath letter and my green card. She verified that nothing had changed since Wednesday and then took my green card from me (pang of separation from my little card that was so hard to get).

Then, sat down (seated by 10:30) and a guy came can collected the Oath letter from everyone. I brought a book and kept myself occupied.

The only annoying thing was that they “proctors” kept announcing that we needed to turn our cell phones off and if we picked up or made a call, we would not be naturalized. I appreciate the need for turning off cell phones, but why the heck threaten us? I mean, it really annoyed me b/c they couldn’t threaten citizens the same way and I felt they were showing their petty power one last time.

There were lots of folks who were quite late. C’mon people, this is your naturalization oath ceremony, can’t you show up on time? People were showing up till about 11:15, when they closed the doors.

The event got underway at 11:20. They showed us a video of the history of immigration. Then we were asked to rise and sing the national anthem. Then, the oath was administered. Then, the pledge of allegiance to the flag was administered. We were shown a video from G.W. welcoming us.

That was it. No muss, no fuss - quick and simple. We were done by 11:35. Each row was asked to stand and walk out. They handed us our naturalization certificates as we walked out. Quite impressive that they were all correct and in the order in which we were seated.

In New York, there was no voter registration or passport collection that was organized by the USCIS, so if you care about these things, you have to do them yourself.

One note – there were 202 people who were naturalized that day. My eye-ball guess is that 60% were Hispanic, 20% were Black (African/Caribbean), 10% were White and 10% were Asian (east, south etc.). The video they showed of the history of immigration was almost all white. If most oath ceremonies are like this one, the face of this country is changing. In 20 years, a very significant % of the population will not be white. A good start would be to change the history of immigration video to be more color comprehensive. :)

Passport : 8/25/06
Later that afternoon, I went to my local post office and dropped off my application and my naturalization certificate (I scanned it and made a copy of it before doing so, just to be safe). I paid for expedited processing.

The guy who took it said that it is taking longer than usual because every US citizen is required to have a passport by the end of the year (huh?) and so the backlog was increasing.

I checked online and the case status appeared on 8/30 and it showed up as due to be delivered on 9/2 (Saturday).
On 8/31, the message said the passport had been mailed and I should receive it by 9/1!

Voter Registration
Found my local office and went in with the copy of my naturalization certificate and my driver’s license. Didn’t ask for the naturalization certificate. I am guessing they check it somehow. Registered to vote. Info is supposed to show up in 4-6 weeks.

In Closing
This has been stressful. I guess dealing with government agencies is inherently stressful since they exercise so much power over you.

I truly sympathize with the folks who are stuck in the nightmare and dealing with 1447b stuff. I can’t imagine how stressful and time consuming it is. I wish all of you great luck – I hope by some miracle the name check nightmare gets fixed so that people can get on with their lives.

Again, I wish to thank all the people who so generously contribute their time and effort to maintain this resource! And to other lurkers like me – even if you don’t actively participate, please post your experiences after the fact to help maintain the site.

Finally, I am not an expert and this should not be construed as legal advice. This is just my experience. I benefited greatly by reading the posts on this board and wanted to provide as much info as possible in the hope that it helps someone. Please take it as such. I’d be happy to answer any questions and clarify anything.

Good luck to all!
Adiumy

Citizenship Timeline
D/O : NYC
05/18/06 :N400 mailed to VSC
05/22/06 :N400 VSC Received Date
05/22/06 :N400 VSC Priority Date
05/31/06 :N400 VSC Notice Date
06/01/06 :N400 FP Notification Notice Date
06/15/06 :FP Appointment
06/28/06 : Naturalization Interview Notice Date
08/23/06 : Interview Date
08/25/06 : Oath Date

Passport Timeline
08/25/06 : Passport application/drop-off date
09/01/06 : Passport received (will be received – mailed already on 8/31/06)

My interview experience in NYC

I read Johnny Cash’s list of documents to bring and took originals and copies of everything. I also took all of my old passports (I have four). You will be over-prepared but that’s not a bad thing. I was shocked to see a lot of people go in with no documents at all.

After waiting about an hour and half (take a book) and listening to other people, who had been waiting for four hours, my name was called. I didn’t realize that the person who called me was the IO, I thought he was only going to take me to see the IO, as he looked really young.

It’s a rabbit warren in there! We went on quite a trek to get to his office. Once inside, and before I sat down, I was made to swear an oath to tell the truth. Then, the IO took out my application and methodically went through it making sure my answers matched what I had down on the application. He checked off things like marital status, children, work history etc., and from time to time looked at my face, I guess to make sure I was telling the truth. Because I’d been out of the country for two weeks after I’d applied, he wrote down the details of my trip on my application, in red ink. There were no surprises or trick questions, but he did ask to see ALL of my passports. He went through each one looking at the stamps but didn’t say anything. I think he might have been checking to see an entry in one passport where I’d had my green card corrected, originally my place of birth was wrong. After that I was asked to show a copy of last year’s tax return. I thought he wanted to see a tax transcript from the IRS (all of which I have) but he was happy with a copy of what I’d sent to the IRS -W2’s attached. In hindsight I think the IO was just checking for any inconsistencies and making sure I was in "the system" with regard to work and tax.

After all the checking above, I was given the history and civics test: eleven questions on a sheet of paper - we stopped after the tenth. What surprised me was that it was photocopied in a very slap-dash way. The IO asked me to read each question and then answer them, all pretty easy as they were from the 100 questions on the INS website. Next came a bit of dictation and writing answers to two questions he asked (sorry can’t remember what they were - but they weren’t anything scary). Now onto the homestretch: saying “no” and “yes” in section 10. Finally, I got a piece of paper, also photocopied in a slap-dash way, saying I’d passed the history and civics test and that I had been recommended for citizenship and would receive a letter soon regarding the oath ceremony, which I got a few days later (my oath experience is in this thread). The rest is history; it took exactly four months from the day I sent in my application to me becoming a citizen.

To sum up; my application was very plain vanilla (no kids, no traffic tickets etc.,) nevertheless it was stressful. I’m glad it’s all over and I have my passport (took four weeks) - now I can get on with the rest of my life. Good Luck, Peace and Love, I have been truly blessed.

Okay, so here it goes.

Well, I had my interview at 7:00am, the morning of September 13, 2006 at the Garden City offices in New York. I was so nervous, words cannot even express the anxiety I have experienced over the last few months. I have been putting this entire ordeal off for sometime now. It was only because of my parents (who filed their N-400’s in Feb 5, 2006 and were naturalized on May 26, 2006) and because I will be graduating college, I decided that hey maybe it’s time you get around to doing this. I am going to be a detailed as much as possible. If you have any questions just ask, and I want to thank all the people here who have answered my questions and those who have sent me positive PM’s I really appreciated it. First off, I am 22, I am a woman, I applied as a LPR and I requested a name change.

Okay, back to the date of the interview. On my way, I was actually shaking, my father drove, there was no way that I could drive. I got there at 6:40 am, there is a huge parking lot and there was a short line maybe 20 people and there were there for all sorts of immigration related matters, there were a lot of lawyers, some who even cut the line. I got into the building and was finished with security clearance etc. at about 7:05. I didn’t wear a belt, or heels or a watch because I didn’t want anything to set off the metal detectors (Security was very rude). I went to a separate floor which handles the naturalization interviews, I put my letter in the basket (there were no other letters in the basket) and had to walk around this circular corridor to get the waiting room and by the time I got there and sat down, my name was called. I didn’t even get the chance to overlook the civic questions and there were only two other people in the waiting room. The computer systems were down, I don’t know what this means for me, but my interview was conducted as scheduled.

I was interviewed at about 7:11 and I know I was out of there by 7:40. I carried a lot of documents(letters from employers, letters from court...etc., police documents, pay stubs, tax transcripts, birth certificate, tuition bills, college transcript, bank statements, copies of ticket, another application, passport photos. DMV records), NONE of which were asked for, except my Green Card and Passport and 1 page from the extra application. There were no other people in the interview room, which was one large room divided by cubicles.

I was very nervous and my Interview officer was very nice, he smiled, he joked, and he made small talk. He was the nicest person that I have ever dealt with at USCIS. I was expecting the biggest cantankerous, asshole because in the past I have somehow managed to always get those kinds, but I was very happy. He asked me several Civic Questions, I was expecting 5 or 6, but he kept going on: Who is the president? What happens if the both the president and the vice president die? Who makes the laws? What does the Supreme Court do? How many stars are there in the US Flag and what do they represent? What do the lines represent? What is the national anthem? Who wrote it? Why did the pilgrims come to America? Who helped them? What is the constitution? Can you change the constitution? What is the Bill of Rights? How many changes have been made? What was the last Amendment? I was like, "What the …?” caught me off guard.

Anyhow, I believe that my application was pretty straight forward, I basically grew up here, and I came to the US when I was 9 years old. I only left the country for a total of 20 days for the last 10 years. I don’t have a husband or any children, but I do have an arrest (More about my arrest above) and that was the cause of my anxiety. Even though it occurred when I was a minor and was sealed I felt it would be best if I were honest and disclose that information, so I noted it on my original application and I sent all the documents that I had. So he went through every single question on my N-400, from the start to finish and checked it off with his red pen. I brought a gel ink pen, a ball point pen and a pencil, but he had pens too. The only change I had to make was that I filled in the Oath section, which I was not supposed to, so I took out the page from my extra application which I had in my folder and that, was that. He was impressed that I had an extra, but I only did that because I read it on this site.

Okay so my arrest, he asked what happened and I wrote up this long page about the events surround the entire incident, but all I managed to say was less than a minute long and straight to the point, and he seemed content with what I told him. Every chance I could get, I would glance over at my folder that he had on his desk. It was very thin by the way, thinner that my own folder that I brought with me. Later on in the interviewed I saw they had my GC application and other immigration documents and I saw pictures of me at like 10 years old, a bit nostalgic.

I had to sign all documents with my new name and I signed the Oath sections, my photos (which he said did not look like me, but left it alone). But I cannot use my new name yet, officially. At this point, I do not have any name check pending or any background checks pending. I can safely say that I am the only person who has ever lived with my name; it is very unique, so unique that people always have a hard time with it and I want to change it because of that. My arrest does not even show up on FBI records (based on my own search) or New Your State criminal records databases(DCJS) the NYPD does not even have a record of my arrest- I guess that’s what sealed is good for. But the DA’s office acknowledged that it does exist. But I do not know if USCIS was able to find out anything about the arrest on their own, the IO did not say anything and I did not dare to ask. Everything went so well I did not want to say anything that might change that.

So I received the Form N-652, he dated it, checked off “You passed the tests of English and US history and government,” and “A. Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval.” (I don’t like that it says “recommended” and “If final approval is granted” because I am like, “They can still take this away from you” :( ). He said that it was nice meeting me and I said the same, he didn’t shake my hand or anything and then I left, still feeling slightly less worried than when I came in, at least I was not shaking. He said he could not give me an oath letter because the systems were down and that I would receive it in the mail. Since I will be changing my name I must be sworn in at a NYC district court (sometime really soon, I hope).

All in all, I am glad the interview is over, I am a little relieved, but I am still not content yet, I will not be until I have the Naturalization certificate in my hand. I have heard so many horror stories (many of them right on the web site) so I know I am not in the clear. So now, I will impatiently wait for the Oath Letter (my parents got their Oath Letters the same day as the interview) that should come in the mail sometime soon, I hope :eek: .

*Sidenote: I consulted with an attorney regarding the circumstances of my arrest, I am a college student and I could not afford the full lawyer package so most of the work I did on my own. I filled out the N-400 alone, and the forms that I sent to USCIS from the courts/law enforcment I got it on my own. I researched laws on my own. I went to my interview alone (expect for my father who was there for moral support and he waited in the waiting room). So for those of you with criminal records etc, try to see what you can do first, consult with an attorney yes, but don't hire one unless you can afford it or if it is your absolute last resort. I also waited five years after the incident.

finger print experience

SJ-- I'm not sure, but do you think you need to have your FP appointment notice re-issued? I see that they have to stamp and sign on the FP notice.

FP experience:
My fingerprint appointment was in NYC Varick Street office. Appointment at 11am, arrived at 10:30. The staffs are very friendly and extremely efficient (in fact, there was no line). I finished fingerprint in 15 mins, got out at 10:45, 15 min before my appointment time.

question -- anybody knows what is the (FBI) number for checking fingerprint clearance? Thanks in advance!

my dates (D/O: NYC)
submit N400 - 8/31/06
receipt date - 9/5/06
priority date - 9/5/06
checks cashed - 9/7/06
notice date - 9/12/06
received receipt notice - 9/18/06
fp notice date - 9/14/06
received fp notice - 9/20/06
fp appointment - 9/25/06
interview- xx/xx/xx

My update

I hit a major block! My interview went with no problems until the very end, when the officer said that my old A-file was missing, and no decision can be made until it's found. :mad: I'm heartbroken.

Interview:

The whole thing lasted 15-20 minutes. First, the officer asked me why did I check the box requesting the name change, I said I wanted to drop my middle name. She said that's not considered a name change, and made me initial a different check box on the application. The questions she asked were all from N400, just a few of them, very easy (what's your name, where do you work, how long ago was your last trip out of US). The officer did not ask for any of the supporting documents I had with me, no tax records, nothing at all.

The Civics test was very easy, I answered all 10 questions correctly. I then signed the back of my photographs, signed another form with my personal information on it, and then... And then the officer started looking through my file and her computer, for a very, very, VERY long time. Finally she filled in another form and gave it to me - "you passed the tests", "decision can't be made", "requested file". She said I have an older A-file which is missing, which needs to be reviewed before they can make a decision.

What should I do now?

I had very bad experience with INS before, when it took FOREVER to get my green card, because of a "missing file" when I moved districts. Not again! I don't want to wait again until they "find" it, I had enough of their b*shit to last a lifetime. What can I do?

I know I can file a lawsuit 120 days after the interview (the officer, by the way, also said they have to make a decision within 120 days).

Is there ANYTHING I should be doing in the meanwhile? How often should I bug them, and what's the most effective way?

My Oath!!

I had my oath at the NY US District Court, it lasted about 3-4 hours, there were over 300 people there and a lot the time was spent just going through applications, signing certificates. I was only asked to sign my application while I noticed other people were asked more intrusive questions, like "How long have you been here?", "Are you married?" etc and then there were those who had to make changes. I brought a book and spent most of the time reading and talking to my sister who came with me. They weren't really strict about who was in the courtroom.

Some people who showed up were sent away because they were not scheduled to take to oath on that day even though they had letters they were dated for the ollowing week. All officials were very nice about it. We all were supposed to be there at 8am and late people were still walking in a 11, but the officials let them in anyway. We didn't the watch any videos or sing anything. But the officers did give a little information on what we could do as US Citizens.

There were only 10 people there who were having their named changed and we were called up seperatly to sign the court order that changed our namwe.

Later on, the judge came in and he gave a speech, we took the oath I got my certificate and I was done.

So now I am a citizen, with a new name, I changed my information on all the required things, such as DL, SS etc. and I am now only waiting for my passport. It all went by faster and much easier than I expected. If I had known it would have been this easy I would have applied sooner. I am happy that I no longer have to deal with USCIS. :D

My Interview Experience

Had my interview this afternoon. The interview was scheduled for 2:30pm, I got there at 2:15pm. Went through security (very courteous), upstairs to the 7th floor and handed in the appointment letter. BTW, you can take your cell phones with you, they just have to be switched off when you are in the building. The receptionist guy told me to take a seat and wait for my name to be called. About an hour went by. At about 3:15pm, the receptionist asked folks who hadn't been interviewed to come up and check on their interview if they wanted (I guess to make sure they hadn't missed their name being called). I went up and he told me that I will be called soon.

I waited and was finally called in at around 3:45pm. The IO was very professional, smile on his face, asked how are you doing today, etc.. He was relatively young and looked/talked a little bit like Phoebe's step-brother from Friends (but very professional). I followed him to his office (not a cube). He asked me to hold up my right hand and swear that I'll tell the truth, etc. He then asked for my passport and my greencard. After looking at them he started going through the application and asked me selected questions like my DOB, my address, phone numbers, how long have I worked for my employer, if I am a communist/member of a terrorist organization, commented that I travel quite a bit and asked how long my longest trip was and whether there were any over 6 months, whether I had ever been arrested/cited (see below), whether I had a drinking problem, etc.

For the arrested/cited question, I told him that I didn't mention minor traffic tickets on the application. He told me not to worry about them but then reconfirmed that I wasn't arrested while getting a traffic ticket - I answered no.

For the travel question, I told him that I had made a small mistake on the exit date for some of the trips. I had put down the date of the entry-stamp in Europe/Asia (which is the next day) rather than the date I actually left the US – given my travel schedule, this added up to 10 extra days out of the US but no where close to the 900 odd day limit. He said that he had noticed but I shouldn’t worry - that would be nitpicking!!! How refreshing. He matched some of the dates on my travel schedule to the exit/entry stamps. I offered a cross-referenced list that I had brought along with me but he said it wasn't necessary.

At this point he got interrupted by someone so he asked me to write my name on my pictures (that I had sent in with the app) while he went away and attended to something. Came back, apologized for the interruption and looked at the photos. Commented that ideally he wanted the name across the picture rather than squeezed into one corner but not to worry. I offered extra pictures that I had brought along but he said it wasn't necessary.

He then gave me the civics test - about 10 questions, all out of the book. I got them all right and he said well done. The toughest was naming the original 13 states (but he did say it would be okay if I didn't get some of them right – I guess you only need to get a set percentage of questions right). I then signed and dated the question sheet.

I got he English test next. I had to read something like "We are lucky to have to learn this", and write something like "Ours is a clean house". I then signed and dated the sheet of paper on which the sentences were written.

After that he got me to sign the application in two places. Said I did well and that he is recommending my application for approval. :D He said I should look out for a letter in the mail in the next few weeks (could be one week, could be more, he said). I must have looked a little disappointed as I had heard that sometimes you can get the letter on the same day - he said sometimes there are complications because of different A# files and missing information, etc. but you have a very straightforward case and while nothing is guaranteed, you are 99% done.

He then gave a sheet of paper (Form N-652, Naturalization Interview Results) that had the following boxes ticked:

“You passed the tests of English and U.S. history and government”
“USCIS will send you a written decision about your application”
“Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturlaization (sic). If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony”.

Given that I was out of the building lighting my cigarette at 4pm, the interview couldn't have been more than 10 minutes. I was very grateful to have such a courteous and professional IO.

As a recap, the only documents I had to provide were the passport(s) and the greencard. I had, of course, brought along a six inch thick pile of papers but nothing from that pile was needed.

Now the wait for the oath letter.

A big thank you to every contributor on this board for their invaluable advice and guidance and for sharing their experiences.

08/07/2006: N-400 sent to VSC
08/15/2006: Receipt Notice Date
08/08/2006: Priority date
08/21/2006: Finger Printing Notice Date
08/29/2006: Finger Printing Appointment Date
08/31/2006: Finger Printing Notice Received (2 days after the appt. date!!!)
09/01/2006: Called up the national number and they advised to go into the local (Brooklyn) office anyway - instead of rescheduling. Went in and got finger printed, no wait, no issues.
09/14/2006: Interview Letter Date
01/11/2006: Interview Date
xx/xx/2006: Oath Letter
xx/xx/2006: Oath date

Updated status

Hi,

Here's our update (and yes, we did take our 2.5 year old son with us for the interview, w/o any problems).

App Sent: 8/18/2006
App Reached: 8/22/2006 1:40 pm
Check Encashed: 8/28/2006
Priority Date: 8/23/06 (from check image)
Receipt Number received:9/1/06
FP notification:9/12/06
FP Appointment:9/18/06 (went on 9/20/06)
Interview Date: 11/15/06
Oath Date:11/17/06 (for wife, at Staten Island), 11/22/06 (for self, at Federal Plaza).

Interview was relatively easy; our interview time was scheduled for 11:35 (got stuck in downtown Manhattan traffic, a whole another story);the interviewer came out at around 12:50 pm, and said we should go grab some lunch from the cafeteria since it was going to be delayed for quite a while (nice of her to do that). Anyway, she called my wife in at around 2:10 pm (finished by 2:20 pm) and called me in at 2:40 pm. The interview went off relatively smoothly; did not go over the whole app word-by-word, but just went thru questions which were important (since she had already asked my wife some of the questions, she could go faster on my questions, I guess). Did ask about tax returns. I had a speeding ticket from 1997 (and a parking ticket from 1996 or so); she had a red flag on that (I did list both, but she did not even bother about the parking ticket); I gave her the original printouts from the state's DMV (of my driving record) which showed the ticket, as well as subsequent driving record (which was all clear). She made me sign off on the changes she made to the N400 (i had brought along modified N400 pages, but she did not take it). Basically, other than the DMV reports, she only asked for my GC and passport (she had the photos already). Regarding the test, she asked five questions (the White house location, state capital, who can declare war, colors of the stripes in the flag, and one more question, I forget); I think if you get five correct, they don't bother asking anymore. She made me write a simple sentence which was on the sheet of paper, and then read out a relatively long sentence (approx 3 lines). After signing off on all docs, she said that because of the traffic ticket, they would not be able to approve my document now, since she had to get supervisory approval (plus it was past 3 pm at this time, and she said that they dont hand out oath letters after 3 pm). She said that I should hear within 120 days about my application, though she felt that it would most likely be a week or two to get a response. Kind of depressing...

Anyway, wife got her oath last Friday morning at Staten Island facility (she took the X10 bus from midtown Manhattan to the facility; apparently a very long ride). I kept looking in the mailbox, but no mail. And this morning, Homeland Security guy calls me in my office and informs that my application has been approved and whether I would be up to take the oath tomorrow morning at the Federal Plaza (Duh, that is an obvious YES!!). So I guess one should give the correct phone number too on their application, since the good news can come from any mode of communication (thankfully, they did not SMS me:)).

Hope that helps somebody on the forum.

Bugz

vinaypai said:
N400 dateline for NYC (for wife and self).

App Sent: 8/18/2006
App Reached: 8/22/2006 1:40 pm
Check Encashed: 8/28/2006
Priority Date: 8/23/06 (from check image)
Receipt Number received:9/1/06
FP notification:9/12/06
FP Appointment:9/18/06 (went on 9/20/06)
Interview Date: 11/15/06
Oath Date:??

Incidentally, does anybody know if we can take our 2yr old with us, or are they going to freak out?
Bugz

Its finally over. I hope!!!!

Hi Everybody,

I finally had my interview this morning(passed). 8.15am scheduled Interview lasted only 10-15 minutes (an hour delay). IO didn't ask for any documents except my marriage certificate. I canceled my name change(first and middle name swap) hoping that i would get my oath letter today. I was eager to get this over with because i have another journey to start with USCIS(file 1-485 for my out of status spouse). I guess i should just have done the name change.

Anyway thanks to everybody that responded to my questions (filling the N-400 section for immigration status of my spouse, out of the US in the last 5yrs for 484 days(no question asked during interview course all trip was less than 6 months) etc)

Any idea of the timeline for oath letter for NYC?

Thanks again.

Citizenship Timeline
D/O : NYC
08/28/06 :N400 mailed to VSC
08/29/06 :N400 VSC Received Date
08/29/06 :N400 VSC Priority Date
09/01/06 :Check Cashed
09/05/06 :N400 VSC Notice Date
09/11/06 :N400 FP Notification Notice Date
09/16/06 :FP Appointment
10/20/06 : Naturalization Interview Notice Date
12/08/06 : Interview Date
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date
Edit/Delete Message

my status

hi everyone!

i had my interview last OCT 12...I passed the written and oral test..but the thing is, the IO told me i have to give her more documents that establishes me and my husband are living for the past 3 years. (i applied thru 3 yrs marriage)

at that time, i only have a bank statement, the mortgage papers that i showed her is not enough bec. we just bought the house this year since she told me it's only a recent document, she wont accept it....(how can she not accept that? im bound for a 30 year mortgage plan, and it's still not enough huhuhu)

so she told me to mail more proofs before nov 13....so i mailed more proofs (she needed 3 more)..i accomplished that and mailed the documents last OCT 24....

the thing is..up to now...i haven't received a letter yet from them...

what should i do? should i wait more? is no news , good news?

how does the infopass work? can you choose which date you can have or the infopass assigns you a date?

im getting paranoid...it's been 2 months :(