New online EAD...Your participation required

Documentation Required

When we file I-765 through E-filing, do we need send the ADIT style photographs also along with the I-485 receipt copy and previous EAD copy?

Thanks

Photos

When you file online, all you have to do is to get digital photos and biometrics from the Application Support Center. You do not have to send additional photos. However, efiling has higher risk than regular filing. Be prepared to go for an interim EAD card.

We filed July 3 and after three weeks, the INS said they cannot find our bank account so asked us to pay a penalty. I did and they moved my receipt date to July 24. I requested an audit and they agreed that it was their system's fault. Their system cannot identify money market checking accounts and coded with an account type 2 but the internet portal does not offer any way of inputting this information into it. So all responses are taken as a regular checking account and if it is a different type of account, they bounce your payment. They agreed to return my penalty payment but they were unable to restore the receipt date.

But the additional difficulty is they cannot show any account with a credit so they showed that my account has a debit of $30 until they can arrange a payment until the end of the month. Another faulty computer saw this debit balance and sent me an invoice for $35.05 with interest. I called them again and explained the situation. They said it was not an issue and it was basically a computer error. I am eagerly awaiting for my refund so the account is squared off.

In the meantime, there was another notice that said the photos submitted were not of the type needed for the permit. I was surprised since these were pictures taken by the ASC. They have asked me to submit a manual photo to move the application along. When we called they said this RFE was for travel document, but misworded as employment permit due to another computer error.

Here we are............. the most advanced country........ the most advanced Governement organization with the most sophisticated computer systems! And we are wondering if we should e-file?!

Buyer Beware!
Filers ......... all risk is yours!!

Lesson 101

read the whole thread- always. there might be somebody who makes a correction to the original post.
Those people who think they can get answers to unrelated questions (including tracker posts) need to get off this thread.
The ill organized thread reflects the haphazardness and evolution of this process within BCIS and the non willingness to share useful information by the users of the forum.
kingno1 I appreciate your comments, but with not even one online EAD approved person listing or confirming the facts in this thread (at least from the perspective of those who post here) I dont think organizing this thread is a major priority:(

Last edited by a moderator:
various EAD types and approval date

Hi,
RD-9/15/2003
ND-9/23/2003

1. When I checked the www.immigration.com processing status i see three types of EAD. I do not know which category I fall under.
Somebody shed light on that.

2. How much time does it take to get the EAD?

3. When can I except the finger print?

help me guys :confused:

EAD Online filing VSC

This online thing is cool man. My RD was September 16, 2003 and FP was September 20, 2003. I just had to call as soon as I filed online for a FP, Digital Photo and Signature appointment and was even offered the next day though I opted for the saturday. Well I will let you guys know the progress.

WOW I posted 3-4 replies already today. Till now I have just been waiting for answers when I realised I had 3-4 years of experience living with this stress too.:p

My experience of filing online EAD(renewal) was a mixed one.

It was not too difficult to fill up the form and it felt reasonably easy.
It was also good in a way that I filed it late in the night and got the RD with same date(no running to P.O).
Took appt for fingerprinting and photo the next week for Saturday.

Almost felt like a special person there. There were all these folks waiting there and my number came much before them. Possibly they had a sperate group of people doing E-file pictures etc. Breezed through the process of getting photos etc taken. There was also a survey to fill out later on. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised and filed out a nice survey.
While filing the form I think I clicked I won't be sending additional papers by mistake. Anway sent the copies of previous EAD and I-94(Not sure if it was something else, the form tells what to send ).

Now the not so good part. It took me 2 months and 10 days to get approved (August 26 03). But I can't compare truly how long it would have taken had I paper filed.

I had filed for my wife a month earlier then me using paper filing and that came in about a month.
I used a national bank and checking account to keep it simple for the fees.

EAD online approved

both me and my wife's renewal EAD were approved. Filed Online last July and no paperworks were sent by us. Photo was taken by INS center and fingerprinted also.

MSC038000xxxx

RD: July 7, 2003
Approved: Oct. 1, 2003 ( wife, primary) and Oct. 7, 2003 (me).
Goodluck to all.

Still waiting for I 485 wac02173XXXXX ND April 30, 2002.:)

Applied for EAD renewal at NSC through online e-file and received receipt numbers and called 800 number and taken the appointment for e-photo and FP and e-signature for my wife and myself.

After one week we both appled for AP renewal.

Details:RD:06-OCT-03
ND:08-OCT-03
EAD#LIN04800XXXXX
LIN04800XXXXX

Aftrer three,four days we received a receipt notice.

Whether DCU is acceptable??

Hi,

Whether DCU is acceptable bank for online EAD applying??

Thanks,

Online Renewal Application for EAD

I already completed the 2nd finger printing on 2nd of August, 2003, do I have to go for another one when I apply for my EAD renewal online?

Thanks

Yes you have to. In fact didnt you get a 1800 number after you completed the application form. You are supposed to call that number and get an appointment at a BCIS service center close to you and get your digital picture, signature and finger printing done.

EAD online approved

EAD approved on 10/13/03.

My wife and I eFiled for new EAD on 6/4. Got appointment for photo/FP the next day. The security was not ready to let us in as we had no appointment letter from INS. It took a while before he got a hint about the new process. We had to wait for about 20 min for our number. Took 10 mins for photo and FP.

I would not mind using eFiling in future.

And, for somebody asking about DCU (Digital Federal Credit Union I belive), I used DCU with no problem.

The online EAD applicants I had posted about before (RD aug 2nd week, sent all docs by mail, EAD-FP done in Aug 4th week) got some results back. One got a RFE (reason:current EAD is still valid for more than 6 months), other person got the approval - EAD is valid from approval date, instead of current EAD expiry date. This is from TSC.

The RFE on the second EAD were actually "unable to locate I140"- this for a derivative case. Funny.