New online EAD...Your participation required

jaxen

Volunteer Moderator
You have to read the general instructions yourself (regarding acrobat, checking account, browser version, presence in US, 15 minute inactivity rule etc.) But in this thread this is what we want to do.
https://egov.immigration.gov/ins_efile/InteractionMgr?interactionmgr.interaction=Select_I765

These are the observations based on the near application I was able to make (did not click further at the payment page..)
* You can choose an attorney version and a non attorney version

* India seems to have 6 categories in the country of citizenship dropdown, 5 reserved (for sikkim, goa , J&K, Andaman and Nicobar )and 1 for the rest. Similarly most of the other countries had province/state specific drop downs... post your country specific intrepretations in this thread. I will consolidate them once in a while.

* Interesting:- The new online form asks for how many EAD applications you made before attempting this online EAD. They seem to have guessed that, since it is online, people will file left and right and centre...

*Interestingly SSN, A#, I94 all were not part of the required fields. However, they may be asked for when you go for your finger printing etc. (yes you need to schedule for a visit to the local BCIS before you can expect any action on this petition)

These are the observations until the checking account page..
Please do not repeat information already available for anybody to read from the egov site.

For people who want to know what is available online
see
http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/1EGOVSER.htm

But all others who have experiences (no, yes I also had the same experience one liners please...) about this online system, please post in this thread.

I will occasionally clean up this thread, but I think the pioneers can provide a treasure of information which will be useful for all the followers.
Let us make it a clean one stop thread for all and anything about filing EAD online (hopefully there is one similar for I90 somewhere else).

PS: I will delete any noise post in this thread without a flinch.

Worry about if the FP/Photo collection been sent properly. Seems support center staff were not quite familiar with the e-file procedure. Saw somebody post FP on 6/5 and received on 6/12. Mine is 6/14, guess I'll wait for another few days before complaining again.

Applied online June 30th

I applied EAD renewal online on June 30 and called the BCIS 1-800 number for making an appointment. I was offered to have an appointment this morning (July 3). No wainting at all and had my FP and photo done this morning. I am amazed about the experience.

For the online application, after finishing filling out the form, you'll be given a confrimation number, a receipt and a finished I-765 form that are in PDF and you need to print them out and bring them with you to the ASC for FP and photo.

jnjn,

don't forget to mail supporting documentation (old EAD card details, 485 receipt notice etc). Even though they didn't ask, it is safe to mail, rather than to get RFE.

Lahari

Electronic EAD Case Approved.

Filed case on 5/28 (first day of e file system), did photo's and FP on 5/29. Did not send any supporting documents and saw that case was approved via web site today (33 days).

I got the prelimenary process...shorter than maxim ... message a few weeks after mailing supporting documents

As long as you put your BCIS On-line Receipt Notice as a first page of your document list, it WILL reach your file. It has bar code on it.

BTW: the immigration officer I spoke with told me that it is good to mail the supporting docs, instead of waiting for RFE. Every one has different views.

EAD renewal

I need to apply for EAD RENEWAL.

If I go for online application, do I have to got to ASC for FP and photo? I have already had FP done. What is the advantage of online application then?

I personally feel that there is NO advantage with e-file. You save cost of adit style photos. That's it. I did my e-file and feeling that I made a mistake. The folks who mailed their renewal docs one moth AFTER me got their approvals. I am still waiting for my approval. My current EAD is going to expire on AUG 18th. So I am counting my days. My suggestion is regular filing, not e-filing.

More Info on Online EAD

E-file is easy and convenient. Other observations:

There is a Question which asks where I485 is pending. Based on what you choose as answer- service center or local office either a LIN/WAC/SRC/otheroneIforgot is generated or a MSC receipt number is generated.

August 2nd week applicants got a probable processing time of 80 days(TSC, MSC, CSC).

Yes you have to call the national customer service center between 8 am to 6 pm to schedule a FP and photo session.
1 800 375 5283 (press 1, 1, 3, 2)

Just because you did not check the "I am mailing support documentation" does not mean that you dont have to send the supporting documentation.

For EAD renewals, I485 receipt copy and EAD Mailer card (or copy of EAD both sides) are required as supporting documentation. The required support documents list is in the PDF version of the application. Read it and comply.

Print and save the receipt that is auto generated. Oh print at least 4 copies (one for mailing, one for your record and 2 for the FP appointment). You need confirmation letter, summary page, application copy for the FP appointment. The national number has improved now, the wait time is now around 10-20mts and you dont have to break your finger redialing...

Need a bank account to make the 120$ payment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you please provide me with the following details for filing my EAD application online.

I did apply for my EAD (Paper) before a month and I have not received my WAC# or does it have in the encahsed cheque. Since it is very difficult to get the I-EAD without the receipt or the WAC# in the cheque I am planning to apply for the online one after 2 weeks since I will get the WAC# online.

Please do let me know what should I fill under the following options. Also if you could let me know the whole process of filing online EAD it would be really helpful for me.

1) current immigration status?

2) Bank Statement Address 1?

3) Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from BCIS?

4) If you have made multiple applications for Employment Authorization, please give details?

Thanks for your help.

E-I765 EAD renewal got approved

MSC0380002xxx
RD 6/22, ND 6/23, FP 6/25.
Copy of E-I765 receipt, I-485 receipt, and EAD card and receipt mailed.
Approved on 8/26. Online message changed on8/29. "after approving, new card was ordered, and will be mailed ASAP"

priyaraman : you should ask your future Qs in a new thread. However here are the answers
Yes it will be in the encashed check. Find it, find the status online. Print the status and use that as the receipt.
1. Are you using EAD now? then it is I485 pending or adjustee
2. Find the street address of the bank where you started the account the very first time. or call the bank for this info. It is non essential info.
3.Yes, pending with "usless" service center,
4. Applied LongAgoDate, receipt awaited.

1. Correction on Answer 1: if you are using EAD or AP- then Parolee (Dist/POE authorized) which is DT
and if you are h1b then it is 1B1

e-filing not fool proof

Just want to caution you that BCIS is using an unupdated billling and bank clearing system. They cannot locate some (major) banks and most definitely they cannot locate savings or money market accounts. They sent back a notice saying they cannot locate the bank along with a penalty of $30. I called on the phone and paid by credit card along with the penalty.

On initiating an audit request, they established it was not the bank's fault. Their system cannot recognize certain banks or accounts. They have offered to repay the $30 penalty by check.

Then after a month they sent me a notice saying that I owe them $35.05 as a debt to the department of HS. When I called them they said it is a compound interest on the penalty I owed. I clarified that I had paid a penalty which was undue and they really owe the money. They checked their records one more time and are sending me a check for $30. They explained that the only way the can remember to pay my debt is to keep it open as a receivable hence the confusion. Duh!!

Better safe than sorry............. pay the Fedex Man and trust Fred Smith more than the BCIS computer network.

markz

I am a big fan of BCIS........... but I am an even bigger fan of Fred Smith.

or use a nationally recognized bank. But it really sucks to learn about small banks being ignored...

that is a big risk

How would you know if your bank is in their system or not? Further their system cannot recognize money market accounts that carry checking privileges. The same goes for interest checking accounts, which are construed as money market accounts. They have a narrow definition of checking accounts.

If you want the EAD on time and if you are worried about the 90 day limit, better think twice!! e-anything is for organizations that have working computers.

Which is better e filing or paper

I was wondering which one is overall better efiling / sending all documnets as one packet. In case one file papers then one also need to go for finger prinitng for renewal of EAD? I feel it is better to file al;l things togather with pictures and documents to BCIS for EAD rather than spending time on going to service center and sending supporting documnets after e filing. Folks what is your experience?
hony

Online EAD approved

Just checked the online message today and it shows:
On sept. 24, 2003, your application for renewal EAD was approved. We will send you the new card once it is ready ..."

Filed renewal : July 7, 2003
MSC038xxxxx