New Naturalization Procedures

Thanks for the link Vorpal. This would explain why some DOs have started administrating the civic questions prior to the actual interview.

Highly interesting document. I'm surprised nobody has posted this already.

Three months later, I haven't heard of any of these procedures being implemented at NYC.

Highly interesting document. I'm surprised nobody has posted this already.

Three months later, I haven't heard of any of these procedures being implemented at NYC.

That's because the NYC DO has gone from extremely efficient to bass-ackwards in less than a year.

That's because the NYC DO has gone from extremely efficient to bass-ackwards in less than a year.

USCIS managerial structure gives far too much autonomy to the DOs. This memo, for example, "encourages" offices to implement some of the new practices "where possible." If NYC is bass-ackwards, it's partly because nobody is kicking their *ss forwards.

USCIS managerial structure gives far too much autonomy to the DOs. This memo, for example, "encourages" offices to implement some of the new practices "where possible." If NYC is bass-ackwards, it's partly because nobody is kicking their *ss forwards.

Considering the fact that the USCIS only implemented around 11% of the suggestions made by the ombudsman in his 2007 report, blatantly ignoring about 77% of them, why exactly should they even bother enforcing these new practices?:rolleyes:

Considering the fact that the USCIS only implemented around 11% of the suggestions made by the ombudsman in his 2007 report, blatantly ignoring about 77% of them, why exactly should they even bother enforcing these new practices?:rolleyes:

I wonder if the new IOs are actually conducting 25 interviews a day, as reported a few months back by JohnnyCash.

I do belive there is one post about recent interview experience, (s)he was be asked to take the tests first, then waited out for the interview by different officer....

I do belive there is one post about recent interview experience, (s)he was be asked to take the tests first, then waited out for the interview by different officer....

I've seen a few of those reports, particularly at the Boston DO. None of this has happened in NYC, though. No Saturday interviews here, either.

As far as 25 interviews per day are concerned, I'd like to know that myself.