NEW Grad and TN status without Physical Diploma

CompEng

Hello,

I just graduated from my university with a degree in Computer Engineering with my degree and graduation both certified and conferred to me. I have the original transcripts from my college with me stating my Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering is received and approved. My college also has a degree verification certificate that I am also carrying with me. Finally I am bringing along a letter from my records officer stating I have graduated from my university with a B.S. and all requirements met. Unfortunately a physical diploma doesn't come 5 weeks from now and my employer wants me to join with a start date of January 13th. Will I have any issue proving my education credentials since I don't carry a physical diploma with me? Will the other three documents, all original suffice? They have the seal and registrar's signature on them.

My employer's lawyer suggests to wait for the physical diploma to arrive, but my employer will probably not allow me to extend the start date that far into the future. Please suggest if anyone has encountered a similar situation.

Thanks

Not sure how far you are from a land POE, but you can always try to request TN status based on documents you currently have. Maybe bring a document from the University that explains why you have to wait 5 weeks to receive your official diploma.
But I understand they can be very picky and may insist on the original diploma and original transcripts. Let us know how it goes.

Not sure how far you are from a land POE, but you can always try to request TN status based on documents you currently have. Maybe bring a document from the University that explains why you have to wait 5 weeks to receive your official diploma.
But I understand they can be very picky and may insist on the original diploma and original transcripts. Let us know how it goes.
Thanks for the response! Just a follow up: If they ask me to come back with a diploma will I still be allowed to return to the U.S.? I graduated from college in the U.S.

I assumed you are in Canada.
So you are physically in the US right now? under F-1 student status ?
If you graduated, not sure if they will admit you under F-1 status anymore.