New EAD Application Procedure

ginnu

Registered Users (C)
07/28/2006: USCIS Announced New EAD Application Procedure

According to the USCIS announcement which has just been relased, the EAD applications will be handled in the following manner:

Ocotber 1, 2006: Local district offices will completely cease to accept EAD applications and produce any EAD cards.

September 1, 2006 - September 30, 2006: The local district offices may continuously accept the EAD applications per their current practice and according to the jurisdiction but all the received EAD applications will be forwarded to one of the relevant Service Centers or Chicago Log Box but will not process and produce EAD cards. It means that during this transitional period, the local district offices will not reject EAD applications, but rather forward such applications to the Service Centers.

Now - August 30, 2006: Local district offices will have discretion to accept, process, and produce EAD cards continuously. It leaves upto the local district practice during this period.

Interim EAD Cards: Local district offices will continuously accept and process EAD cards, but the cards will be produced only by the central facility and not local district offices. Accordingly, Interim card application must be filed 100 days prior to expiration of current cards.

Clarification on Interim EADs

Ginnu -

Did I read your post correctly? Are you stating that Interim card applications must be made _100_ days in advance?? Dont people typically apply for EAD 90 + few days prior to expiration of current EADs - so that they can apply for interim EAD if the petition doesnt come thru in 90 days??

Does this mean that once you apply for renewal, you also need to apply for the Interim card to be on the safe side??

Also could you please provide a link to the official USCIS announcement..

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ginnu

Per the announcement:-

Interim EADs
"The discontinuation of locally produced EACs will not prohibit customers from using InfoPAss to schedule an appt for an interim employment document when USCIS hasnt adjudicated the original Form I-765 within 90 days".
So I guess local offices will still accept Interim EAD applications with InfoPASS appts. They will then forward it to a "central" location for processing and card printing.

Therefore they are suggesting that EAD renewals be filed 100 days in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
maverickr77 said:
Per the announcement:-

herefore they are suggesting that EAD renewals be filed 100 days in advance.

Well in some cases it is not possible to to file anything in this time frame because nobody got all required documents so early. As I see in a couple of years we will be asked to file for EAD 2 years in advance ....:confused:

This ppl really wants to get rig of all legal people just to make their jobs fighting illegal immigrants more easy. I believe at the moment it is better and easier to be illegal compared to trying to follow all regulations and policies....:mad:

I'm starting to feel sooo disappointed from this country so I really consider the idea to move back in Europe. :D :D :D

Question about applying for EADs

My wife’s I140 and I485 both are still pending.
Got EADs for four of us (wife, myself, two daughters) approved based on my wife’ s pending I140 and I 485 applications.

My I 140 got approved, my I 485 still pending. While we had our valid EAD cards from my wife’s pending I485, I Got another EAD Card approved for myself based on my I485 pending, but EAD for my wife and daughters based on my pending I485 got denied. NSC gave a reason- since they already had valid EADs, there is no point in issuing another one.

Now the EADs for my wife and daughters based on my wife’s pending I140 and I485 are up for renewal. We need to choose to apply for new EADs based on my pending I485 or based on my wife’s pending I 140 and I485.
Please experts! Give your choice.
Also if we apply for EADs for my wife and my daughters based on my pending I485, in the application form, which one do we need to select:
Permission to accept employment
Renewal of my previous EAD.

Thank you,

Hi,

I filed I-765 application and thus I know it is not a correct forum to post for the same. But, I have gone through that pdf file and it all sounded fine except that Biometric appointment thing in Interim EAD card section. As my school advisor says and as every student who filed for OPT EAD (I-765) a couple of weeks before me says that it is not needed. I know more than 100 people who have gotten it without Biometrics.

Why does it talk about Biometric as mandatory thing then? Its kinda confusing. Please suggest !!

Best Regards.