new development from BCIS accdg. to Murthy

Hey vg0405,

At least i know I'm not alone in consoling myself now, MadScotty's note proves something connected to what Murthy is saying.
Should I think ? Though I have PhD in Fuzzy Logic, I cannot find sane explanation with what BCIS doing with us, at least Murthy's latest info gives hope.Thank you for your sarcastic remark anyway!

Even if you obtain the approval, would it be an official grant of permanent resident status? This cant be true. What would be a point of background checks etc.?

To BCIS_Chamcha:

I have been in this forum for a long time (May '02) and I am just selective with my response and posting, OK! I only post what I think are beneficial to a lot and latest news like that of above from Murthy's today's chat,let's just assume that Murthy is right.
BTW, I don't even know who 1amShantanuB is and I don't give a damn who s/he is?

All this thing is BS. Knowing BCIS this is too good to be true
There will be some sort of a catch

If it has to be true then it has to be true for all service centers whcih is impossible. look at Texas.....they are backlogged.
Good to know all this info but i would not raise false hopes

Friends,
It's high time we believe this. Please see the excerpt from previous chat. Last week Ms.Murthy said that there is probability of automatic approval of I-485 after 180 days, this week she cofirms the same. Also we can view the log of this monday chat by tuesday evening.

I-485 automatic approval after 180 days - Chance of new BCIS Rule per Ms.Murthy
Excerpt from Murthy Chat session (Chat : June 30, 2003):

Chat User : Hello. I’m on H-1 visa status. My spouse applied for I-140 / I-485. I got EAD but no approval for I-140. Is it ok to switch to H-4 if I lose my job?

Attorney Murthy : As I tell people, if one has no choice at all, like losing a job, one has to switch to any other status which will enable the person to live or work legally in the U.S. There is a chance that the BCIS Headquarters will issue a rule stating that a person with the I-485 pending for over 180 days should obtain the I-485 approval if the I-140 gets approved. If the I-140 is ultimately denied, I believe there is a risk, even if one is with the same sponsoring employer and has allowed the H1B status to expire.

http://www.murthy.com/chat0630.html

This is no more a dream land

If that's true, I will mark July 11th as my "independent day" :p

Unbelievable

well, just too good to be true....I prefer my expectations to stay steadily at the rock bottom - I can do without the peaks & troughs...

Noginyopi - stay looose dude...You just cant expect people to digest this easily...Its like being being hung upside down with tortures for years & then someone suddenly cuts the rope & says - "hey go home"...You would be skeptic abt it - wondering what new trick is coming up!!!

We got a friendly ghost called 1amShantanuB who haunts this forum :) and torments the inmates

I really like drkamath's reply

I hardly find a humor like it in this forum. We really need high quality joke and humor like it regularly to reduce our stress level. Thanks drkamath.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
A revolution for BCIS?

That sounds like a revolution for BCIS. Actually a more moderate measure would be easier to be accepted--like streamlining the background checks, or just going back to the old system, or just issue RFEs for all employment-based I-485 applicants pending for more than 180 days.

Hey, the terrorists found in the States so far were either M or F or B non-immigrant visa holders, or citizens, except for the one who won DV visa and died at LAX airport last Independence Day.

There's another factor maybe. With the fiscal year end of 2003 coming (end of September), the annual report of BCIS will show how inefficient they have been. Are they not feeling any pressure?

For example, if last year there were more than 1 million immigrants and this year there are only half of that number... Will they be under some political pressure? With 1.3 million I-485 cases pending I think this scenario can be true.

April filers have no finger print issued yet. according to california it takes 9 months. I dont think so they are going to approve 485 without fingerprints. OMG i cant believe i am having this discussion

Guys murthy forgot to mention. that BCIS is not only approving all the pending 485 but also arranging J'Lo a night with every 485 filler. As a way saying "BCIS CARE about U".

-USe the information at your own risk

This is true. I was on the chat too.. in fact the exact words as i recollect she used was "Efren Hernandez has promised me that BCIS will pass a memo by 11th July. I think it will happen in a week or two. If the I-485 is pending for more than 180 days and I-140 is approved, then 485 gets approval"....

I might have misspelt the name. I actually searched to find out who that person is and he/she is a BCIS Director of the INS's Business and Trade Services Branch.

But its too good to be true.. There has to be some fine print...

Originally posted by noginoypi
I was monitoring the Monday Murthy chat and found this interesting:

sun: Hi Ms. Murthy:Is there a chance that BCIS headquarters will issue a rule stating that a person with I-485 pending for over 180 days should obtain the I-485 approval ?

Murthy: Yes, I personally spoke to Efren Hernandez last week. He promised me that BCIS will release such a memo by this Friday,July 11,2003.I expect somethnig to be release by a week or two.The Memo or guidance will require BCIS to issue an approval of if the I-140 has been approved and the I-485 has been pending in excess of 180 days

I dont understand. Where in this qn/ans, it says that 485 will be automatically approved?? It just says 485 should obtain approval. Doesn't that mean, 485 will not be denied, IF its pending over 180 days and 140 has been approved (under normal circumstances!!??!! -meaning, for persons without any security risks).

Am I missing something here??

I dont think that BCIS will do an automatic approval without considering the security checks and other related checks.

Its really too good to be true, if it means an automatic approval for all 485s pending over 180 days....

Originally posted by blue_LA
Guys murthy forgot to mention. that BCIS is not only approving all the pending 485 but also arranging J'Lo a night with every 485 filler. As a way saying "BCIS CARE about U".-USe the information at your own risk
Do we have to be so crass?

Here is another murthy Q&A

Chat User : I filed I-140 and I-485 concurrently in December 2002 and both are still pending. If I change the company now, what will happen to the I-140 and I-485 processing?

Attorney Murthy : As you know, we do not yet have any regulations on AC21 portability. Although the law states that a person may port the I-485 to a new employer, if the previous employer ends up withdrawing the I-140 petition, even after 180 days, some service centers are taking the position that the person's I-485 should be denied. This contradicts the advice given to us by senior officials at BCIS Headquarters on their policy on AC21. So, the bottom line is that there is a risk in changing employers prior to obtaining the GC.

-------
Is that what she means?

Who is Efren Hernandez?

(Reminds me of Who is Eric Cartman's father).

http://www.murthy.com/UDnograc.html

Efren Hernandez III, Director of the Business and Trade Services Branch at INS in Washington, D.C. announced in late December 2001 that the INS does not recognize or provide any "grace period" for maintaining status after employment termination.

Seems like a pretty up there dude.

Last edited by a moderator: