New company on an H1-B

H1BStartUp

Hello
I currently am on an H1-B visa through a company that has applied for my GC (My I-140 is approved and my priority date is Feb 2012). I would like to start a new company which I intend to start as an LLC with 2 employees in India. I don’t intend to draw any salary or gain any profits from these company. My questions are:
1. Based on my limited understanding and internet research, this model is feasible. Please correct me however I am wrong. So the question is if it can impact my Green card in any way? Can the fact that I have started a new company while on an H1-B have a negative impact on my GC in any way?
2. Do I need to notify the USCIS of the fact that I have started a new company while on an H1-B?
3. My wife is on an H1-B too but her company has not filed for her GC (and we do not intend to do so in the future as well). Will it be better for her to own and operate that company? Also, if we do that, could it become a problem if she later decides to stop working and change her status to H4?
4. Even though I will not draw any salary from the company or perform active work, I may need to sign contractual documents. Is it OK to do so as an owner of the company and while I am on an H1-B?
Any help and/ or advice with regard to the above questions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!