New AC-21 issues

ca-to-wa

Registered Users (C)
My green card was filed by company A.

I got laid off from company A and joined company B before 180 days.

Company B was weak, so I left company B and joined company C when my I-485 was pending for 12 months.

I was waiting for a definite RFE since I changed company and address twice. But INS did not send any RFE and approved my case.

Now, my current company has some concerns and is trying to determine weather there are any risks involved with respect to immigration law in my case.

Any comments? If my company approaches INS for clarification, can my case I-551 or green card be revoked?

post this in other I485 forums also.

Ca_to_wa,

This is really intersting question,
try posting this question in other I-485 forums as well
good chance of getting some reply,

good luck

Well...did you file AC21..?? If not, then your GC was approved for company A (not B or C).
you do not have to worry about anything for now. It might be a bit complicated if you apply for citizenship somewhere down the line. Check with an immigration attorney.

pv1976

pv1976,

May be I'm wrong but, I don't think we have any rules or regulations
about how to treat these AC21 cases at the time of Naturalization,

would you let me know whether CA_TO_WA would have been in a
better position had he filed AC21 while he was with Company C

pl. let us know

Thanks

dyt1 said:
pv1976,

May be I'm wrong but, I don't think we have any rules or regulations
about how to treat these AC21 cases at the time of Naturalization,

--You are right. there is no clear rules or regulations in this regard. But I got that idea after being a Murthy website reader for months. Attorney Murthy has indicated this factor many times. The fact that the person is not employed with the GC sponsored company (employer on file when I485 was approved) may seem to be "intend of fraud" during naturalization process. But again, if you have competent attorney by your side you can get through.

would you let me know whether CA_TO_WA would have been in a
better position had he filed AC21 while he was with Company C

-- I surely do think that way. (but again, only if he is interested in naturalization. Otherwise he shud be fine either way).

pl. let us know

Thanks