new 30 day rule for visitors

immigrant_help1

This might not be a 485 issue but this certaily influences some of the decisions people might make.

It seems this is going to be a regulation for B1/B2 visitors. for all of us who are expecting to be a permanent resident and then citizens this will affect in maintaining family ties with birth country. Imagine your parents spending a fortune to visit you only for 30 days..

I just wanted to see what are your views on this, and how many of you think that there is anything we can do to affect the time part of this regulation.

where did you get this information?

For all visotors so far the rule is 6 months and can be extended to 1 year(addl 6 months).Is this a new rule? or a proposal?

Very soon.

INS is seriously considering 30 days for visitors stay in US. And citizens from third world countries mostly such as india can not go to Canada and re-enter in US for more 30 days. This is going to be the law soon.

Why they are hard on indian read as follow.

INDIA AND IRAQ SET UP JOINT WORKING GROUP ON COMMUNICATIONS NEW DELHI OFFERS IRAQ HELP IN MANUFACTURING CONSULTANCY AND R&D IN TELECOM SECTOR

" An Iraqi delegation led by Minister of Transport and Communications Dr. Ahmad Al Khalil called on Minister of Communications Shri Ram Vilas Paswan here today. During the talks Shri Paswan referred to the historical and traditional ties between the two countries and expressed concern at the enormous human suffering and hardship caused by sanctions against Iraq. He reiterated India?s support to Iraq for its independence sovereignty and territorial integrity. He said that India has consistently advocated lifting of the UN sanctions against Iraq through articulations in UN and various other for a. Indicating that India would like to further strengthen its ties with Iraq. Shri Paswan suggested for cooperation in the training manufacturing consultancy and R&D sectors. He said that India has an excellent network of training centers having 43 training centers spread across the country.

He said: "the Advance Level telecom Training Center (ALTTC) is a world-class training institution equipped with the most modern training facilities. He also said that with the large pool of technical experts available in the country India can cater to the telecom equipment requirements of Iraq. Shri Paswan also mentioned about the telephone exchanges developed by C-DOT which are rugged and operate in adverse environmental conditions. He said that India has been very successful in providing consultancy in setting up telecom network in a number of countries. R&D Development could also be taken up jointly?, he said.

The Minister of State for Communications Shri Tapan Sikdar said that India has stood by Iraq all the time and will continue to so in the future. The Iraqi Minister expressed his happiness at the cooperation extended by India and said that his country would look forward to collaborations in the fields in which India has expertise. He specifically appreciated India?s political support in the efforts to lift sanctions.

Later both the sides held delegation level talks and decided to form a Joint Working Group on Communications under the overall framework of India-Iraq Joint Commission. The Joint Working Group will consist of representatives of Department of Telecom Department of Posts and Ministry of External Affairs besides representatives from Telecom PSUs and CII and FICCI. Iraqi side will also nominate their representatives for the Working Group."

I believe AT$T CEO C. Michael Armstrong should resign immediately. Perhaps he should be arrested and put in the same cell with John Walker Lindh.

Will they still grant extention to B2 visa?

According to current rule, you should submit extension request 45 days in advance. If this 30-day stay rule goes through, it means you have to request the extension even before your visitors entering into this country. Does ig sound ridiculous?

Ouch... Veri few people will spend so much money to stay for 30 days...

Tourism, Airlines industry and other businesses would suffer because of this besides being having pissed of Naturlized Citizens and Permanent Residents... Rather then putting everybody in a single bucket of Visitor visa...its high time they understand the sentiments of Parents and children....Businesses will recover, industry will recover but gone will the time that parents could have spent with their children and grandchildren...

No Title

That\'s true. This kind of news, "30 days instead of 6 months", I have read 2 weeks back. But I am not sure whether it got signed and implemented. One of my two friends sent their papers to India and their parents may get Visa in another 2 weeks. I am just waiting to see how this news impact their visa. I don\'t know whether it differs depends on age. If these people here implement this kind of thing, as you said, business certainly will effect and also according to the recent new news to take transit visa in Paris if flying via paris(this seems to be weird for me) will effect AirFrance and it is gone case only.

I will no affect Visa issuance but I-94

One month is the time you will get to stay in US.
According to Sheela Murthy\'s site it will pass as a regulation.. I am not sure when will it be implemented but looking at whatever is going on with INS.. I think it will be quick..

Wrong, depends of the country of birth, US sets the same rules that country you came from.

Visitor visa can be given to 10 yrs but I 94 may be 30 days. Please post if any one\'s parents are