Need your advice - Approved petition shows EB3 instead of EB2

Endeavour2003

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,

Bad news. I have just got a fax of the I-140 receipt notice and was horrified to note the following:

1. The I-140 Approval noice mentions EB3 ( Skilled worker or Professional, sec 203 (b) (3) (A) (i) or (ii) ) instead of EB2.
2. The priority date is mentioned incorrectly by 1 day ( not a big issue though )

My application was definitely filed under EB-2 as I was able to apply for AOS so I'm not sure what's wrong here. Is it a typo error which can be followed up with USCIS?

This was mentioned on my LC:
"Either a Master's degree with no post graduate experience or a Bachelor's degree with 5 years of progressive experience. In lieu of a Master's degree employer will accept an educational evaluation equivalence. " Gurus, do you see any red flags here!!!

This obviously has devastating consequences for my Green Card approval process as the dates for EB-3 are in the period Mar-May 2001. We are in a total state of shock as this affects all the plans that myself and my family had made for the future including my wife who has been sitting at home for the last three years due to the GC processing.

Para-Legal confirmed that there never was a notice from USCIS to downgrade the application to EB-3 from EB2. Waiting to speak to lawyer still.

If anyone has faced this situation before and overcome it please let me know.

1. Whether it could be a typo error on part of the USCIS?
2. Can we request a correction of the classification as EB-2 if it is a typo error.
3. Even if it is not a typo, can we request them to change the classification to EB-2.
3. Whether it is possible to correct the priority date.
4. Lastly is it possible to file a brand new I-140 application in the EB-2 category which can then be later linked to my I-485 application.

Thank you for all your help.
I would be deeply grateful for all your help in this situation.

Last edited by a moderator: