***** Need Urgent Help: TN Visa Stamping

VisaQuery

Hi Everyone / Leads,

I need urgent support on this since, I am supposed to cross border (from Canada to US) for TN visa in a few days.

Few things to set the context:
- I am a Canadian citizen and have 2 dependent (wife and a child)
- Employment is already offered by US employer
- next thing is to get the TN visa/stamping done.
- I live in Vancouver, Employer is in North Carolina

I am a Canadian citizen and I have been offered a position by a US based employer. I have received the offer letter, next steps I am told by the employer is that they will provide me the 'support letter' that will have my role, responsibility, position, education qualification..etc listed on it. Once I have this letter, my understanding is to do the following (questions below):

1. Next step is to prepare the file and go to the Canada-US border and get the TN Visa/Stamping done on passport, I shall also receive I-94 card, is this understanding correct ?

2. Employer says that I can work from home (Canada) for some time (a few months) until the COVID-19 situation gets better. In that case, can I get the TN stamping done at the border (by land), and return the same day to Canada and work from home (from Canada) ? Will it have any negative effect at all ?

3. since I am not going to be crossing the border which is NOT near to employer's location, can CBP officer ask that am I planning to drive to North Carolina and my answer obviously be NO, since I plan to go back to Canada and work from home, what shall be the right move here ?

4. When does SSN come into play, can I get SSN from the US city that is very near to Vancouver and give that to employer for payment processing ?

5. Do I mandatorily need a lease agreement or a rental house agreement to apply for SSN ?

6. am in missing something obvious here or some that is a red flag and can result into TN visa denied ?

Thanks in advance !

You don't need an address in US to get an SSN; you do need to apply ay a US office, anywhere.. Your questions are pretty straightforward, no need for the "urgent" callout.

To work in canada, you don't need TN, you need that only when you begin working in US. But if you and your eployer feel you must get TN now, just read recent posts.