Need Urgent help on Advance Parole

robket

Registered Users (C)
My friend has applied for AOS. His RD is 11/12/2001/ He has not received RFE so far nor his case assigned.

He is on EAD currently and had applied for Advance parole. His advance parole is going to expire. Talking to our Company lawyers they have quoted 980$/ applicant.

He wants to know if he can directly apply for advance parole instead of going through the Lawyer since the cost involved will be too less.

Are there any hassles in applying for advance parole by self. Also are there any websites or details that would be avialable on this issue.

Any help is appriciated.

You can find some useful information in the early threads. They tell me how to apply,....... You can do it yourself.
Good luck!

Easy to apply by yourself as long as your AOS pending.

I applied mine (of course by myself) at beginning of this year got approved in 11 days, and another 14 days later received it!!

You can serach on this site and get a lot of info.

Good luck!

Hog

Don’t hesitate – apply yourself!

This price is ridicules. For comparison my lawyer asked me for about $200 at the time and she gave me the instructions how to apply by myself as an option. I did everything myself and had the AP extension in a month. If my AOS wasn’t approved yet I would keep extending EADs and APs only by myself. Lawyers don’t care better than you, so they make mistakes! If you know how to do something yourself avoid lawyers! This is my advice and I urge you for your own good to stick with it at least in this case!
Of course the final decision is all yours. Good Luck! :)

Thanks guys...

Does anybody know if we have to include a cover letter for Adavce parole explaining the reason for travel.

If so do we have a template for the same.

Please forward if anybody has a template or a sample cover letter

Documents for AP (no cover letter needed)

1. 2 passport photos. Write A# and name on the back
2. I-131 Form
3. Copy of 485 receipt.
4. Copy of last AP receipt
5. Copy of current AP
6. Copy of I-94(both sides)

2. How did you send the applications? Did you send EAD and AP in different covers? What is the best service (FedEx, USP, US postal)?
---Send by FedEx, you can track your packet; it will be better to send in same letter
3. Did you add any cover letters?
--Just write, please find application Forms and fees for AP and EAD
4. How did you order the application?
--Go to INS site or Murthy.com and download the forms and fill up the forms
You should mail 2 Different INS fee checks and attach to respective application forms

robket,

I don't know about a cover letter but you do need a letter explaining the reason for why you need AP. At least according to my layer at the time I've applied (11/2002). Nothing special. It should be something like that:

"Attn: To whom it may concern

I need an Advanced Parole to visit family and friends abroad... blah, blah"

Is it ok to send the applicant and secondary applicant's Advance parole application in the same cover to INS?

or

Do they have to mail the applications separately?