Need urgent help: apply B2 extension 2nd times

jingangsu

Hi All:

I need your urgent help on my Mom's B2 visa issue.
Her B2 visa expiried on 10/15/02. In order to let her stay with us in the New Year holiday, we filed B2 extension requested 3 months in the middle Sept. Yesterday we received approval notice from INS, however, her visa has only been extended 45 days.
I plan to apply her extension again. I need your urgent help since this is my first time to handle such situation, and I don't have a lot of time left.
Does anyone have experience of filing B2 extension twice or more than twice after 911? Can I use the same reasons for extension, such as traveling and visit friends? Is there any other better reasons, especially for 2nd application? Please share your experience. I really appreciate your help.

tell the real reason why she wishes to stay

the critical factor appears to be making sure the extension application is received by the Service Center prior to the expiration of the previously authorized extension. Concerning the WHY she wishes to stay: just tell the truth, tell her story: Why does she wish an extension? Since everybodys' lives are different, INS should not be receiving thousands of applications with the exactly the same reasons.