Need travel advice

ABT said:
Jharkhandi,

What if a person is travelling on a valid H1b visa and his/her 485 is approved while the candidate is outside the US, can he/she come back on H1b visa?

What if a person is travelling on a valid H1b visa and his/her 485 is denied while the candidate is outside the US, can he/she come back on H1b visa?

ABT

1. No. H1b and all other visa cease to exist.
2. Yes.

Jharkhandi said:
What if a person is travelling on a valid H1b visa and his/her 485 is approved while the candidate is outside the US, can he/she come back on H1b visa?

No. H1b and all other visa cease to exist.

But I thought this happens only when you STAMP your passport. Not until then.

i think the same too - H1B is invalidated only when you have the I-551 stamp at least!

guys - if it's otherwise, shed some light..

Jharkhandi said:
How did you infer that? Read the post which is posted after your last post.
Jharkhandi,

So I assume the deferred inspection will be done in the local office after being allowed the entry.

My I140/I485 has been approved, but not my wife's. So if hers is approved during the traveling, is it required to present the approval notice upon entry? In other words, does the attorney need to forward it abroad after the approval?

Thanks,

Vadella.

vadella said:
Jharkhandi,

So I assume the deferred inspection will be done in the local office after being allowed the entry.

My I140/I485 has been approved, but not my wife's. So if hers is approved during the traveling, is it required to present the approval notice upon entry? In other words, does the attorney need to forward it abroad after the approval?

Thanks,

Vadella.

She will be informed by the officer at POE. Ask her not to show her approval notice at POE - the officer might get sceptic if she travelled after getting notice.