Need to renew passport for asylee based green card

iceskate

Hello, I have a problem...
I know I'm not supposed to renew my nationla passport, and I dont want to, but...
My parents are selling a house in Russia and they need a notary signed paper from embassy that I'm allowing them to remove me from being registered in that house (so they can sell it). However, russian embassy told be that the only way to get the signuture from them is to have a valid national passport. They told me to renew it.
What should I do???Wll I have any problems at naturalization interview? What if I will end up travelling on this passport, f.e. to canada? I had RTD before for travelling...
Any thoughts on my situation?
Thank you!

ID your passport is Valid, then there won't any problem. You can travel only with a Valid passport.

Hello, I have a problem...
I know I'm not supposed to renew my nationla passport, and I dont want to, but...
My parents are selling a house in Russia and they need a notary signed paper from embassy that I'm allowing them to remove me from being registered in that house (so they can sell it). However, russian embassy told be that the only way to get the signuture from them is to have a valid national passport. They told me to renew it.
What should I do???Wll I have any problems at naturalization interview? What if I will end up travelling on this passport, f.e. to canada? I had RTD before for travelling...
Any thoughts on my situation?
Thank you!

Passport should be validate to travel anywhere in the world. You can not travel in other countries without valid passport even passport is now important thing which shows your identity and citizenship of valid country.

ID your passport is Valid, then there won't any problem. You can travel only with a Valid passport.
Comprehension problem, n'est ce pas? The OP asked whether obtaining the passport from the country of persecution would result in problems later on for N-400 process. To answer the question: if the USCIS finds out that you received the passport, or even worse, used it - then there might be problems during citizenship process.

However, if you receive the passport from the consulate and use it ONLY for notary services, I do not see any harm in it. You can even destroy it afterwards, if you like. Being able to receive the passport from the country of persecution does not indicate that the country did not persecute you. Travelling on this passport to the country of persecution is a big no-no.