Need to re-apply H4 on spouse changing employer?

GasXCL

Registered Users (C)
I changed my visa from J1 to H1B in June 2003. Accordingly, my wife changed her visa from J2 to H4. After a few months, she went to Canada to land in and have been there for about 2 months. She intends to apply for H4 visa in Toronto soon. If everything is fine, she might get a multi-entry H4 visa valid until June 2005 (my current job is for 2 years). But my wife is not going to enter the USA until July 2004. At that time, I will begin working for a new employer. I want to know if my wife need to re-apply for another H4 visa.
Thank you in advance for your information or help.

Your wife's (or your) visa stamp in the passport is NOT tied to a specific employer. It is tied only to a valid approved petition. At the time of applying you (as the principal alien) should have a valid H1 approval and she should have a valid H4.

Thanks, but

Thank you very much for your reply, but I am still not clear.

The situation is like the following.

My wife changed her status from J2 to H4 in the USA in June. She left for Canada in Oct. She is going to apply for H4 visa in next January. If everything is OK, she will get a multi-entry H4 visa valid for 2 years (since my current H1B for employer A is 2 years).
The problem is that she does not plan to enter the USA soon. Instead, she will enter the USA in next summer. By that time, I will change my employer and start working for a different employer, employer B.

My question is if she need to apply for a new H4 visa based on my H1B approval with employer B.

If she will enter the USA with the H4 visa based on my H1B with employer A, will she need to file something to the BCIS after she enter the USA.

Thanks for your answers.

I will repeat what I said. Your wife's H4 visa stamp is NOT tied to any of your employers. That means if you change employers her visa stamp need not be changed.