Need to get facts straight on student deportation

kenny9

I am living with 3 other roommates in an apartment. One of my roommates is on a student visa. She is really sweet but for the last couple of weeks she has been letting her boyfriend throw parties in our apartment. The neighbors have been complaining and at the last party the cops were called in.

They let us off with a warning but when they found out that my roommate was a foreign student going to college they told her she was in danger of getting her student visa revoked and getting deported. It did not seem she took the cop seriously because she was a little drunk.

Because we love her so much we plan having an intervention with her this week and telling her to stop having parties here for awhile and tell her boyfriend to lay off. We don't anything bad happening to her. But we need to get our facts straight before we talk to her.

First of all if she gets a ticket for a noise violation or disturbing the peace can her student visa really be revoked?

Second, if it ends up being revoked what happens after she leaves? Can she come back to the country? If she wants to work in America, can she get a green card?

Any information is helpful. Thank you.

I am living with 3 other roommates in an apartment. One of my roommates is on a student visa. She is really sweet but for the last couple of weeks she has been letting her boyfriend throw parties in our apartment. The neighbors have been complaining and at the last party the cops were called in.

They let us off with a warning but when they found out that my roommate was a foreign student going to college they told her she was in danger of getting her student visa revoked and getting deported. It did not seem she took the cop seriously because she was a little drunk.

Because we love her so much we plan having an intervention with her this week and telling her to stop having parties here for awhile and tell her boyfriend to lay off. We don't anything bad happening to her. But we need to get our facts straight before we talk to her.

First of all if she gets a ticket for a noise violation or disturbing the peace can her student visa really be revoked?

Second, if it ends up being revoked what happens after she leaves? Can she come back to the country? If she wants to work in America, can she get a green card?

Minor citations won't serve as cause for deportation. Something more serious will get her kicked out of school and the U.S.

Flunking out, failing to attend classes, or dropping classes are each individually sufficient cause to loose student status and that in itself is cause for removal by ICE.

de

First,Is she not afraid of cops?secondly,she knows she has a student visa,which is very critical,why should she cause all that trouble?
To answer your question,in case she pays for the ticket and the judge gets another complaint from her she can be deported but for now the probability to be deported is very low,and also they don't deport anyway like that just because of noise violation.But that doesn't mean its not possible,in the US everything can happen even the unexpected.So you have to advice your friend to first pay for that ticket in time ,next she should stop any kind of disturbance that will make the police take a report because any report taken is saved in their system and will be in your records the rest of your life.So advice her!!:)

For the other question ,if she is revoked ,thats too bad ,i mean too bad:mad::mad:because she will only enter the US again after 10 yrs which of course its not quite sure to be granted a visa even if she wants to marry a US ctizen or apply for job or what ever.So don't let her be deported.

best regards

Minor citations won't serve as cause for deportation. Something more serious will get her kicked out of school and the U.S.

Flunking out, failing to attend classes, or dropping classes are each individually sufficient cause to loose student status and that in itself is cause for removal by ICE.

First,Is she not afraid of cops?secondly,she knows she has a student visa,which is very critical,why should she cause all that trouble?
To answer your question,in case she pays for the ticket and the judge gets another complaint from her she can be deported but for now the probability to be deported is very low,and also they don't deport anyway like that just because of noise violation.But that doesn't mean its not possible,in the US everything can happen even the unexpected.So you have to advice your friend to first pay for that ticket in time ,next she should stop any kind of disturbance that will make the police take a report because any report taken is saved in their system and will be in your records the rest of your life.So advice her!!:)

For the other question ,if she is revoked ,thats too bad ,i mean too bad:mad::mad:because she will only enter the US again after 10 yrs which of course its not quite sure to be granted a visa even if she wants to marry a US ctizen or apply for job or what ever.So don't let her be deported.

best regards

Thank you for the answers. We plan on talking to her soon and hopefully she will get with the program.