need some input - urgent

omega77

Registered Users (C)
hi all,
i came to the US on a F1 and also enrolled in the course i came for. however, i found a full-time job in the same university i came to study (but in a different department). due to some reasons, i would like to take up this job. the university is ready to file my non-quota h1 and do premium processing.
my questions are -
1. how long will it take to do a premium processing for a non-quota h1.
2. will the processing speed differ from that of a premium quota h1.
3. later will this change of visa from F1 to H1 before completing my course adversely affect my green card processing.

i have just come to the US for fall 2006 program and the university is a large reputed state university in texas. as of now, i am planning to continue school till the visa gets approved but wanted to know the timeline for the approval and the risks involved.

i would really appreciate if anyone could share their inputs on this.

Thanks.

thanks for your reply. i am planning to wait till the H1B approval comes and then only drop from school. but i want to know if later when i go for green card processing, will this be viewed negatively since i came to the US on a F1 and then didn't complete even one semester but shifted to H1B status.
also, once the H1B petition is approved should i apply for COS before i start work or can i start work with just the H1B petition approval.
it would be very helpful if you can answer this.
Thanks.

Does the H-1B petition not include the COS (F-->H)? Don’t you know you can study while you are on H-1B? Why don’t you ask your foreign student advisor?